Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Oh Carol Live
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: November 22, 2013 09:44

Although I know it's a cover I played it last week and think it's a great version from The Stones!
Anyone knows if it's played live after the sixties?
And would'nt it be great to put it in the setlist next year?
Maybe even a show starter?!!

Re: Oh Carol Live
Date: November 22, 2013 09:59

Keith tried in 1986, but Chuck kept on stopping him all the time...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:20

Oh Carol = Sedaka
Carol = Berry = Stones! right?

2 1 2 0

Date: November 22, 2013 10:30

Come On
Oh Carol = Sedaka
Carol = Berry = Stones! right?

Right thumbs up

Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:47

DandelionPowderman

Yeh you're right.
But I think everyone knows what I mean.
You do..

Date: November 22, 2013 11:09

HappyRambler
DandelionPowderman

Yeh you're right.
But I think everyone knows what I mean.
You do..

I do smiling smiley

No, they haven't played it since 69. Roll Over Beethoven and Let It Rock were the Berry songs of choice for the 70 tour, together with Little Queenie.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 22, 2013 15:20

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 22, 2013 19:02

The rhythm figure Keith plays from the 2:20 to 2:25 marks on the version from "Get Yer Ya Yas Out" is one of my all time favorite Keith moments. Pure Keith. Sounds easy, but getting the same groove he does there is difficult...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 22, 2013 20:49

AMEN! They need to bring it out again.

Thankfully they did Around and Around atleast once!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: November 26, 2013 20:53

I think Carol on Ya ya's is one of keith finest hour ever, beautifully played, great timing, fantasy and it's just a pentatonic. superb!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 26, 2013 21:47

There is nothing better than the Stones doing a Chuck Berry song. I would love to hear the Stones do "The Great 28".

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 27, 2013 03:04

partnerincrime
I think Carol on Ya ya's is one of keith finest hour ever, beautifully played, great timing, fantasy and it's just a pentatonic. superb!!!

Stones doing Berry is always a highlight. Up to the great 97 Queenies - it always worked.
But the YaYa's Berrys were particularly good. And I loved Charlies drumming then.
Made me beat those skins myself . .

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 27, 2013 03:49

partnerincrime

You be correct -- Ya Ya's has the best Carol the Stones have done, by far!

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 28, 2013 05:36

Have loved the Berry tunes on Ya Ya's ever since it first came out and don't think anyone ever sounded better than the Stones did back then. Was terribly disappointed years later to learn that all of the album was heavily dubbed and that even the Rolling Stones never did sound that good even on their very best day. Oh well! Live and learn right? And I've knowen for a long time now that thing's are not what they seem. Keith played Chuck Berry better than Berry ever did though so there is some comfort in that atleast.

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:06

Carnaby
[www.youtube.com]

it's just one of those little things that make me adore this song winking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 28, 2013 16:58

rob51
Have loved the Berry tunes on Ya Ya's ever since it first came out and don't think anyone ever sounded better than the Stones did back then. Was terribly disappointed years later to learn that all of the album was heavily dubbed and that even the Rolling Stones never did sound that good ...

You sure about that? I know they heavily re-worked the live songs on Still Life, but I don't think they did much to Ya Ya's ... if you listen to the bootlegs, they sound pretty close.

Date: November 28, 2013 17:01

ChrisM
The rhythm figure Keith plays from the 2:20 to 2:25 marks on the version from "Get Yer Ya Yas Out" is one of my all time favorite Keith moments. Pure Keith. Sounds easy, but getting the same groove he does there is difficult...

It's NOT easy. As soon as you get more technically competent, stuff like this is the first you'll lose the feel of - and it's hard to get it back - to dare to stick to that primitive, yet so swinging rhythm! thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home