Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: if the rolling stones quit?
Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: February 21, 2011 17:37

marvpeck
lsbz
marvpeck
On the night of the concert, you're walking in and it hits you ...hard.

This is really it. There will never be another Rolling Stones show.

I don't know about you but I don't think I would want to see that.
This is it. It's over.
Seems pretty damn sad to me.

It would be sad, but rock&roll is your own life. The Stones are part of that, but I think that something would be wrong if they would be more important to you than your own ideals and relationships. A little perspective is needed.

Who said anything about them being more important than my own ideals?

I didn't. But reading repeated threads like these, I get the impresssion that rock has become a substitute for real life for some people for too much.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: February 21, 2011 18:19

Naah, It's not over.. The stones are never over.

They might be inactive or not play anymore..but the stones are never over.

smoking smiley

But I do still hope for another tour..

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 21, 2011 18:49

Let me count the quit-years from 1980:

1980: Emotional Rescue 1981: Tour US 1982: Tour Europe 1983: Undercover 1984: Quit 1985: Quit 1986: Dirty Work 1987: Quit 1988: Quit 1989: Steel Wheels and tour 1990: Urban Jungle tour 1991: Quit 1992: Quit 1993: Quit 1994: Voodoo Lounge tour and CD 1995: Tour 1996: Quit
1997: Bridges to Babylon and tour
1998: BtB tour
1999: No Security tour US
2000: Quit
2001: Quit
2002: Licks Tour
2003: Licks Tour
2004: Quit
2005: A Bigger Bang and tour
2006: ABB tour
2007: ABB tour
2008: Quit
2009: Quit
2010: Quit
2011: ?

Sums up to: 14/31 quit years (2011 not counted). Correct me if I'm wrong!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 22, 2011 00:48

If The Rolling Stones were to announce they were finishing i would imagine it would be a similiar feeling to..if our Queen was to announce she was standing down..it would certainly take some getting used to.sad smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 23, 2011 12:09

I suspect we're seeing the beginning of vault activity (Exile box, L & G, LSTNT DVD, planned Some Girls box, etc.), Keef's autobio, etc. because it really is over and has been so since August 2007. They just haven't made an announcement to that effect because they have always said that they wouldn't go out that way.

I'd go see another tour out of brand loyalty and gratitude for their previous work. But I'm afraid Keef's performances would be analogous to Jerry Garcia's during the final years of the Grateful Dead.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 23, 2011 16:47

i'm not sure i'd notice the difference

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 23, 2011 23:05

whats funny to me is that most fans use the keith qoute"if me,mick or charlie check out thats it" "ronnie,he's the new boy" as a reference point.

truth is if keith bit the dust jagger would replace him in about 2 weeks.you would have either a. ronnie in keiths spot and mick taylor back or b.ronnie in keiths spot and another guitar player stage right.

the general public doesn't feel the same way as the hardcore fans,a large portion of them go to the restroom when keith does his set.trust me,as long as jaggers alive there will be a rolling stones and they will tour.

let me ask a question-throw out the image and history and just comment on the music itself.do any of you think that [2011/12 only] they could find some one to play keiths guitar parts better than him?-remember,this year or next only not 95 or 75 whatever.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 23, 2011 23:24

I'm sorry for the ugly looking statistics above (earlier post). I tried to make two columns and it went like this when I posted it! Apparently I have much to learn in the IORR forum school yet!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 23, 2011 23:33

Stoneage
I'm sorry for the ugly looking statistics above (earlier post). I tried to make two columns and it went like this when I posted it! Apparently I have much to learn in the IORR forum school yet!

looks alright to me....

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 24, 2011 00:54

We'd always have France (Exile) and Paris (Some Girls)....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home