Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones tabs/chords
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: October 8, 2013 07:49

Here are a couple top links to The Rolling Stones tabs/chords sites, but I was curious to see if anyone might know of some other sites that some of us don't know about???

Please add to the list if you do. Thank you

[www.guitartabsexplorer.com]

Alphabetical
[www.ultimate-guitar.com]

Album by Album
[w4.ultimate-guitar.com]

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Stones tabs/chords
Date: October 8, 2013 07:52

Also,I've figured out the 'We Love You' lead gtr. riff for guitar. I can post later if anyone is interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 08:17 by Marhsall.

Date: October 8, 2013 08:16

E|------------------------------------------------------------
B|------------------------------------------------------------
G|------------------------------------------------------------
D|-------2---------0------------------------------------------
A|---0---------0-------0-----3-/--4---0---0-------0-----------
E|--------------------------------------------------------3---

Play 3 X's

Move down to the A, D & G strings & play what you just played 2 X's

Play same riff as you started.

Really easy. great riff!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 8, 2013 09:14

Check out this guys youtube channel. He has heaps of stones songs on it. It's great to learn the songs.

[www.youtube.com]

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:28

Yeah Wuudy, privettricker's channel has helped me out quite a bit in learning a lot of songs. It usually helps me to have a somewhat accurate tab to look at in addition to watching his videos, because I can't always tell what he's doing just watching him play. He's not huge on answering questions, but looking at some of the comments on his channel (like people who tell him every song should be in Open G) it's easy to see why. And I don't think it was ever his intention to answer a bunch of questions, just to put the videos out there as a resource. He's a believer in figuring songs out on your own, he has a video sort of demonstrating how to figure a song out, it's for one of the Exile songs, I forget which. When it comes to Keith's rhythm playing, a lot of times a video demonstration is needed for me. Just looking at the tab it's hard to get his rhythm down, but seeing him demonstrate it helps a lot.

Ultimate Guitar is usually my go-to site for tabs, you have to weed through a bunch of less than great ones though. Like anywhere on the internet though. It's that way for every band, but since The Stones seem to create a lot of confusion in how to play their songs. Tape speed issues, all the different tunings (made worse by confusing/contradictory interviews about tunings on certain songs), and just the nature of Stones songs, which can sound pretty simple but often have more going on, make it hard to find really accurate tabs. Even the "professionals" putting out the books have a hard time. But there are some really good ones out there, and even the not-so-great ones are usually good enough to give you an idea on where to start.

Also, just because of the HUGE amount of material, there are a lot of songs un-tabbed. I have hardly bought any tab books since the internet got big and you could find so many tabs/videos. But I've bought 4 for the Stones. 2 for live arrangements (Ya Ya's and R&R Circus) and 2 for studio work (Singles Collection and Bridges To Babylon) over the past few years. They've been helpful, but aren't perfect. There are hardly any B2B tabs out there, and the ones I did find weren't that great, so that book has been very handy.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 16:13

Trying to find Stones bass tabs apart from the warhorses is an absolute impossibility

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 8, 2013 17:14

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 8, 2013 18:24

Now that's an awesome site. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 18:42

Songsterr is always great if you can find the song you're looking for there. Because you know it's usually going to be pretty good because tabbing it is a much more involved process/program than just doing a text version like on other sites. They'll have the different instruments transcribed separately. So you know they're a fairly serious player. That's my theory anyway, and I've never seen a really crappy songsterr version. They're not perfect, but pretty damn good.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 8, 2013 21:48

I've said this before but it bears repeating. If you are serious musician, the best thing you can do is to figure a song out by ear before resorting to tabs, video lessons and the like. If you are not serious well, have at it!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 9, 2013 04:36

Apart from privatetickers channel check this guys channel out [www.youtube.com]

Some of his videos are used on this great website [www.guitartabmaker.com]

Great tabs to a couple of awesome songs.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: October 9, 2013 11:14

ChrisM
I've said this before but it bears repeating. If you are serious musician, the best thing you can do is to figure a song out by ear before resorting to tabs, video lessons and the like. If you are not serious well, have at it!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:16

ChrisM

I hear ya, but I think it's fine to use all the methods available. Sometimes I'll get tab, video and audio to get ideas worked out. And it's all available when dealing with the Stones.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:51

Well, I'm old enough to have learned songs by repeatedly dropping the needle at the beginning of a track over and over again until I had it down. Later of course I did something similar with CDs. It was painstaking and took a lot of time and effort but in the end it paid off in that after many years of learning in this manner I can hear a song and pick it up pretty quickly. This is ability has proved damned useful on a few occasions...

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 9, 2013 22:27

Hello,

Chordie.com

911tabs.com

www.classic-country-song-lyrics.com

slideonron.com has Ronnie tabs

faces.com has a few tabs as well....I know it's not Stones but still fun!

I think tabs are very helpful to people trying to develop an ear. One can use a tab to get started on a song and then figure the rest out on your own.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2120
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home