Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones CD singles - worth?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 11, 2011 13:59

Does anybody have a complete list of all The Stones CD singles including promos and their value?

Which one is the rarest?

What was the fist CD single of The Stones? Was it Mixed Emotions?

Re: Rolling Stones CD singles - worth?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 11, 2011 14:24

Think the rarest is Out Of Tears in a square digi-pak (limited to 5000). Heard a large amount of these were hoarded, someday I imagine they'll make it to the market. If you collect promos then look for Terrifying. The first CD single was Mixed Emotions. Look for the version in a tin can, it's nice. Have fun.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 11, 2011 14:48

I have out of tears cd-single Tear shape version.Is that what you´re talking about?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 11, 2011 15:34

About Out Of Tears there's the digipak version limited to 4000 and the "tear shape" version. The latter is much easier to find nowadays. The limited digipak version is selling for as much as 300€ ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 15:37 by kowalski.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 11, 2011 17:25

You're right Kowalski. At a record fair I had a chance to buy it for 400 euros back in 2000. That's the only time I've seen one. But I'm hopeful these will hit the market one day.

Posted by: folon ()
Date: February 11, 2011 17:38

frankotero
Think the rarest is Out Of Tears in a square digi-pak (limited to 5000). Heard a large amount of these were hoarded, someday I imagine they'll make it to the market.

4000, not 5000. (see this link)

I still remember that I've bought this digi-pak at a fnac store in Saint-Etienne in France (while travelling), probably directly after release. They only had this one copy in the store. Of course I had no idea back then that it would be rare as hell....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 17:39 by folon.

Date: February 11, 2011 18:51

I bought mine for a few francs (like 5 dollars) when it was issued. I remember buying it because it has all the Voodoo Lounge b-sides. Never noticed unitl recently it's such a rare item!
The tears shape one is a nice collector too.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:58

For me, as in personally rare for me, it would be the Highwire single because I couldn't find it anywhere! I did find a promo of it though - a shitty one - the cover is in black and white - but it's only the edit and LP version. I wanted 2000 Light Years and all the other songs. But NO. And the bitch of it is they could have at least released some kind of B-sides compilation of the Flashpoint songs with Collectibles...

Ffffffffffffuckers.

I have the 3" Mixed Emotions as well as RAAHP CD singles! Never did see Terrifying or Almost Hear You Sigh. CBS or whoever it was must've given up on pushing their singles in the United States when those last two came out because I didn't even know about them until years later - and I was in Tower Records A LOT.

Fffffffffffuckers.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:03

Matt Lee once did such a list.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: February 12, 2011 02:23

The 5 track UK Out of Tears Digi ltd to 4,000 numbered copies is probably the rarest UK CD single (non promo). It is certainly the highest priced. It was withdrawn as it contained too many tracks (five) to meet the UK singles chart rules, which were changed around that time. Pretty much every copy actually bought by a collector at the time was bought it France as an import as they had already been shipped there for the release date.

Lists are always much debated... if you stick to silver pressed CD's the "ranks" are fairly consistent across collectors, throw in CD-R's and it is wide open.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 12, 2011 15:45

Great information. I remember cassette singles where taking the place of 45's at the time. They didn't last long thank goodness.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 12, 2011 15:50

i have a 4 track version which includes "I'm gonna drive" & "So Young".....probably not the valuable one...right?

IORR............but I like it!

Date: February 12, 2011 17:48

The valuable one has 5 tracks :

1. Out Of Tears (Don Was Edit)
2. I'm Gonna Drive
3. So Young
4. The Storm
5. Jump On Top Of Me

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 12, 2011 18:31

Hey one of the best stones realease,all the tracks are very good,i am talking about the 5 track cd just brilliant,wish all find one,keep on rocking.

Date: February 12, 2011 18:39

This is the one : http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360342618920

A bit cheaper here : Out Of Tears (Digipack Limité À 4000 Copies)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-12 18:41 by kowalski.

Posted by: jean pierre M ()
Date: February 12, 2011 22:40

I think several ended in France where I bought it and a friend too....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 4, 2012 03:22

Mine is still sealed, #1980 (I remember picking a year when they were inactive, not sure why...a hunch maybe) bought it at the FNAC on Avenue des Ternes in 1995 and I remember there were maybe 5 or 6 of them...so my hunch didn't go far enough!

I only realized it was valuable when it topped the list of a "Record Collector" magazine article on rare Stones stuff in the late 90s, must have it somewhere.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 4, 2012 04:01

The Clemson 89 Gimme Shelter from the Radio Promo CD for the charity "Putting Our House In Order" is a rare one. Be very careful of that Out Of Tears Ltd CD. If somebody can confirm this, I believe that some of these copies have "CD Rot". If this is true, your copy may not have it now but could get in the future. Buyer Beware of the high price. (All 4 B-sides are available on 3 much less expensive CD singles.) The Jumpin Jack Flash single is seen less and less on ebay and I think with it's price going up, that will become a rare one in the near future.

A question:
Why is Universal's promo CD's so F'ing expensive? Are there less copies made? I see some copies of the US Promo Plundered My Soul going for $150-200US. Doom and Gloom's Promo has some auctions sold for $75-100US.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2012 06:59

What about the 'Out Of Control' with the gold tongue across the top of the cd?

worth anything?

Much to my chagrin, my out of tears is the 4 song single.

Date: November 4, 2012 10:09

treaclefingers

worth anything?

Out Of Control CD single with gold tongue : [991.com]
(8.67€)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-04 10:10 by kowalski.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 4, 2012 11:33

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-08 22:49 by midnrambler.

Date: November 4, 2012 17:00

kowalski
treaclefingers

worth anything?

Out Of Control CD single with gold tongue : [991.com]
(8.67€)

Thanks for that! So I've only lost about $5.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: November 4, 2012 17:30

skipstone
For me, as in personally rare for me, it would be the Highwire single because I couldn't find it anywhere! I did find a promo of it though - a shitty one - the cover is in black and white - but it's only the edit and LP version. I wanted 2000 Light Years and all the other songs. But NO. And the bitch of it is they could have at least released some kind of B-sides compilation of the Flashpoint songs with Collectibles...

Ffffffffffffuckers.

I have the 3" Mixed Emotions as well as RAAHP CD singles! Never did see Terrifying or Almost Hear You Sigh. CBS or whoever it was must've given up on pushing their singles in the United States when those last two came out because I didn't even know about them until years later - and I was in Tower Records A LOT.

Fffffffffffuckers.

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: November 4, 2012 17:53

nick
The Clemson 89 Gimme Shelter from the Radio Promo CD for the charity "Putting Our House In Order" is a rare one. Be very careful of that Out Of Tears Ltd CD. If somebody can confirm this, I believe that some of these copies have "CD Rot". If this is true, your copy may not have it now but could get in the future. Buyer Beware of the high price. (All 4 B-sides are available on 3 much less expensive CD singles.) The Jumpin Jack Flash single is seen less and less on ebay and I think with it's price going up, that will become a rare one in the near future.

I have one of those "Out Of Tears" 5 tracks digipack, I bought when it was released, cheap price. - It have Cd rot, and I believe most have the same problem.

Also have the JumpinJackFlash 3 tracks cd single with the yellow cover. It is an interesting release, because Tumbling Dice & Street Fighting Man are the same version as At The max movie BUT in a DIFFERENT mix.

Date: November 4, 2012 18:04

LiveAtHidepark
nick

I have one of those "Out Of Tears" 5 tracks digipack, I bought when it was released, cheap price. - It have Cd rot, and I believe most have the same problem.

Also have the JumpinJackFlash 3 tracks cd single with the yellow cover. It is an interesting release, because Tumbling Dice & Street Fighting Man are the same version as At The max movie BUT in a DIFFERENT mix.

What the heck is CD Rot? I have several hundred CD's back from the 80s...never heard of that. thx

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 4, 2012 18:42

i´ve got the I Think im going Mad, in the stones tongue like form.
wonder how much its worth

same as with the Miss you 12 inch, in pink

and
Cockcocker blues single.

The Black Box in Vnyl....

Voodoo stew and Brew on cd...

and lots more.

I guess my nephew will be a rich man when they put me down in the hole

jeroen

Date: November 4, 2012 19:06

treaclefingers
LiveAtHidepark
nick

What the heck is CD Rot? I have several hundred CD's back from the 80s...never heard of that. thx

specific problem with THIS CD. please check the third picture.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 4, 2012 19:25

Sorry, can't see anything obvious other than the cracks in the middle? I remember that Voodoo Residue was supposed to have that problem too, but mine's been ok so far.

I doubt the Vigotone Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue sets will ever gain a lot of value since they are boots? I'm keeping mine in any case ;-)

Date: November 4, 2012 19:32

gotdablouse
Sorry, can't see anything obvious other than the cracks in the middle? I remember that Voodoo Residue was supposed to have that problem too, but mine's been ok so far.

I doubt the Vigotone Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue sets will ever gain a lot of value since they are boots? I'm keeping mine in any case ;-)

Enfin, Gotdablouse, tu vois pas ces traces sur la partie pressée ?
ça fait comme des petits nuages, une petite brume.
C'est la couche aluminium sur laquelle est pressée le disque qui est de mauvaise qualité, elle s'oxide avec le temps.
Je pouvait encore lire le mien l'annnée dernière, j'ai pas essayé depuis, mais à la longue, il sera illisible.
Comme toute la série des 4000, sauf si une partie a été pressée dans une autre usine.

Date: November 4, 2012 19:42

gotdablouse

yeah, are the cracks the 'rot'?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home