Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Crushed Pearl
Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: February 9, 2011 22:37

Heard it for the first time 30 seconds ago. Found it in youtube.
Is it a Dirty Work's Outtake?
I'll give it a couple of listening more. Absolutely amazing tune (for my taste at least).

Re: Crushed Pearl
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 9, 2011 23:06

It is a DIRTY WORK outtake. When the album was (briefly) considered as a double album with the working title, 19 STITCHES - "Crushed Pearl" was among the tracks slated for release.

Since the majority of the circulating versions of the nearly-finished DW outtakes have Keith on vocals, its likely that there are versions that did not circulate with Mick vocals and re-done lyrics. There are early versions of "One Hit," "Fight," and "Had It With You" with Keith or Ronnie on vocals so its reasonable to presume that Mick finished more than just "Strictly Memphis" and "What Am I Gonna Do?"

The Uptown Horns also overdubbed during the latter stages of the mixing sessions and there's been no sign of their work among bootlegs as far as I am aware.

Not holding my breath for a Deluxe Edition although it would interest me.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: February 21, 2011 19:55

My 21 year old niece has an unique taste for music and she just loooove this song.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 22, 2011 00:06

Rocky Dijon
It is a DIRTY WORK outtake. When the album was (briefly) considered as a double album with the working title, 19 STITCHES - "Crushed Pearl" was among the tracks slated for release.

Since the majority of the circulating versions of the nearly-finished DW outtakes have Keith on vocals, its likely that there are versions that did not circulate with Mick vocals and re-done lyrics. There are early versions of "One Hit," "Fight," and "Had It With You" with Keith or Ronnie on vocals so its reasonable to presume that Mick finished more than just "Strictly Memphis" and "What Am I Gonna Do?"

The Uptown Horns also overdubbed during the latter stages of the mixing sessions and there's been no sign of their work among bootlegs as far as I am aware.

Not holding my breath for a Deluxe Edition although it would interest me.

Rocky, you know a thing or two about outtakes and sessions!
Today i listened to Breakin' and 'You got it made' and I must say that are two great songs and it's a real shame that have never been published. It would be nice to hear official versions with the Winos.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 22, 2011 01:18

Breakin did get released - honey honey honey yeah :E
ahem i mean: it's what developed into How I Wish.
apparently it was the first track the Winos cut

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: February 22, 2011 02:43

I\ve just checked out these Dirty Work outtakes for the very first time and I can't help wondering why they, even in their crude unfinished forms, sound so superior to what was eventually released.What were they thinking?Dirty Work has a couple of good tracks but it's by far their worst record, mostly due to Jagger barking over the instrumental tracks.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: February 22, 2011 06:18

stones_serb
I\ve just checked out these Dirty Work outtakes for the very first time and I can't help wondering why they, even in their crude unfinished forms, sound so superior to what was eventually released.What were they thinking?Dirty Work has a couple of good tracks but it's by far their worst record, mostly due to Jagger barking over the instrumental tracks.

I totally agree with you SS. I think Emotional Rescue was much better.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 22, 2011 22:48

with sssoul
Breakin did get released - honey honey honey yeah :E
ahem i mean: it's what developed into How I Wish.
apparently it was the first track the Winos cut

I'm not so sure...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home