Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Being Brian Jones's son is the greatest thing that never happened to me
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 7, 2011 19:32

Interesting to read. Good for Bill showing some support (Bill and Brian's son look about the same age sitting at that table! A good photo of Bill.) .

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 7, 2011 20:08

Yes it is good for Bill to show some support. Brian's son shows good grace and understanding. He turned out well. But if he ever did meet Brian I would like him to break Brian's jaw and kick when he is down before letting him back up. BTW Brian's parent, the Grandparents, sound like awful people, but who knows?

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: February 7, 2011 20:32

deadegad
Yes it is good for Bill to show some support. Brian's son shows good grace and understanding. He turned out well. But if he ever did meet Brian I would like him to break Brian's jaw and kick when he is down before letting him back up.

What do you mean? Brian paid his pregnant girlfriend £700 to disappear and that took care of the matter. It might have hurt the Rolling Stones' popularity if fans knew that Brian was married, or something like that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-07 20:34 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 7, 2011 20:37

It occurred to me how things were done; i.e., giving up babies for adoption born to unwed mothers, in the 1960's could have been done differently.

The current President of The United States is living proof of it. President Obama's mother was unwed when Barack was born, and of course we know she was white and the father was black. Yet Obama's mom, and Obama'a grandparents stepped up while Obama's deadbeat dad kept traveling and philandering. This is not, however, to cast aspersions on Dawn Molloy.

It is funny how some famous people really do have feat of clay. Look at John Lennon who is lionized for his music and advocacy for a more peaceful world and yet he did not do right by his son Julian. I cannot imagine moving permanently to another country while your son who looks just like you is left for so long without much contact from dad? I have read that he realized the error of his ways, somewhat, but too late as we know. If he lived Julian owed him a serious punch in the face.

Next time you're in Strawberry Fields feeling weepy for this man of peace remember the unsung heroes in life who do not have monuments. For example Obama's mom, his grandmother, perhaps Julian Lennon's mom, and the couple who adopted Brian Jones' son. The salt of earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-08 01:00 by deadegad.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:09

deadegad
Next time your in Strawberry Fields feeling weepy for this man of peace remember the unsung heroes in life who do not have monuments. For example Obama's mom, his grandmother, perhaps Julian Lennon's mom, and the couple who adopted Brian Jones' son. The salt of earth.

HEAR HEAR!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:15

Well said.thumbs up

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:26

mitchflorida
It might have hurt the Rolling Stones' popularity if fans knew that Brian was married, or something like that.

I remember having read that Jagger wouldn't want to be showed with Chrissie Shrimpton because the Stones female fans wouldn' t like it.

There is a similar story about Charlie, am I mistaken ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:34

What do you mean? Brian paid his pregnant girlfriend £700 to disappear and that took care of the matter. Mitchflorida.

Are you a Moscovitch lawyer Mitchflorida? cool smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:43

Amsterdamned
What do you mean? Brian paid his pregnant girlfriend £700 to disappear and that took care of the matter. Mitchflorida.

What the f is a Moscovitch lawyer?

Mathijs

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:50

Mathijs
Amsterdamned

Mathijs

+1 confused smiley

Date: February 7, 2011 21:54

Mathijs
Amsterdamned

Mathijs

Moszkowicz indeed. I'am not supposed to advertise here.How come you are interested, mr troubleshooter? cool smiley
Maybe they got a job for you?

[www.moszkowicz.nl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-07 21:56 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 7, 2011 22:01

I reckon in the early days ,Andrew Loog Oldham and Mick made the decisions on what the fans needed to know and what had to be changed.Bad publicity in the '60's was a death wish and was the end of many career's. Heartless and don't give a damn attitude was all about money and ambition then,and now,and got The Stones to where they are today.Sad but true. smoking smiley

Date: February 7, 2011 22:02

Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned

Mathijs

Moszkowicz indeed. I'am not supposed to advertise here.How come you are interested, mr troubleshooter? cool smiley

[www.moszkowicz.nl]

You don't have to explain to me who Moszkowicz is, I am Dutch. But there's about 7 billion people who aren't.

Mathijs

Date: February 7, 2011 22:10

Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned

Mathijs

[www.moszkowicz.nl]

You don't have to explain to me who Moszkowicz is, I am Dutch. But there's about 7 billion people who aren't.

Mathijs

Then don't ask me..they are well known abroad as well btw.

Moscovitch is a well known existing surname in Amsterdam as well btw,IDFA involved,if you manage to get there.

[www.idfa.nl]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-07 22:36 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 7, 2011 22:28

deadegad
It occurred to me how things were done; i.e., giving up babies for adoption born to unwed mothers, in the 1960's could have been done differently.

The current President of The United States is living proof of it. President Obama's mother was unwed when Barack was born, and of course we know she was white and the father was black. Yet Obama's mom, and Obama'a grandparents stepped up while Obama's deadbeat dad kept traveling and philandering. This is not, however, to cast aspersions on Dawn Molloy.

It is funny how some famous people really do have feat of clay. Look at John Lennon who is lionized for his music and advocacy for a more peaceful world and yet he did not do right by his son Julian. I cannot imagine moving permanently to another country while your son who looks just like you is left for so long without much contact from dad? I have read that he realized the error of his ways, somewhat, but too late as we know. If he lived Julian owed him a serious punch in the face.

Next time your in Strawberry Fields feeling weepy for this man of peace remember the unsung heroes in life who do not have monuments. For example Obama's mom, his grandmother, perhaps Julian Lennon's mom, and the couple who adopted Brian Jones' son. The salt of earth.

John Lennon is probably my favorite Beatle talent-wise, but philosophically he was a hypocrite. Cynthia Lennon in her book a few years book titled JOHN quotes Julian as a child saying, "Daddy tells the world to love one another, how come he doesn't love me?"

Obama's mom at one point pretty much dumped Obama on his grandparents while she went gallivanting for years as an activist in third world countries. Charity should begin at home.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: February 8, 2011 00:50

CindyC
Reading this story and the one from Lovechild on Rocks Off, Brian's daughter about how Brian's parents & sister refuse to acknowledge Brian's child still bewilders me. This is a living piece of their own flesh and blood - a son they tragically lost over 40 years ago. Nothing in the world could keep me away from them if Brian were my son or brother. Are they robots? My God - what kind of world do they live in? How miserable.

Perhaps I am naive and the Joneses have had instances where some of the offspring/offspring's moms were looking for money, but I don't believe this is the case here. I would want to meet my birth family regardless if they were rich or poor, I think that's a normal desire.

There is another thread here, the one about Brian Jones's daughter starting a band, where Graham Ride, an old friend from Brian's Cheltenham days, writes a little bit about the family dynamics. If you get a chance read it. In fairness to the parents they were/are (I think they are still alive, but in their 90's) from a different generation and it was different times. Still, I know a lot of elderly grandparents who wouldn't turn their back on their flesh and blood no matter what the cost...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 8, 2011 06:47

Who the heck is even alive and coherent from the Jones family? Last thing I read was that his parents were in some old age home. What does that leave, a sister Barbara? As far as I know these people have rarely spoke of Brian. He seems to be such an aberration to them, an alien to their style of life. They appear to have been stuffy, church going folk. I think they were deeply embarrassed by Brian. And the fact that more little blonde bastards kept popping up at every turn couldn't have been a welcome sight for them. God knows what they thought of all these young girls that just threw their legs open for Brian. And he seemed incapable of being a man and taking responsibility for his actions. No wonder he submerged himself in a sea of drugs and brandy. If he came to the surface there was an f-d up world to deal with, of his creation. Demand to see his son. What a creep. You can still be talented and not be a jerk.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 8, 2011 11:38

24FPS
Who the heck is even alive and coherent from the Jones family? Last thing I read was that his parents were in some old age home. What does that leave, a sister Barbara? As far as I know these people have rarely spoke of Brian. He seems to be such an aberration to them, an alien to their style of life. They appear to have been stuffy, church going folk. I think they were deeply embarrassed by Brian. And the fact that more little blonde bastards kept popping up at every turn couldn't have been a welcome sight for them. God knows what they thought of all these young girls that just threw their legs open for Brian. And he seemed incapable of being a man and taking responsibility for his actions. No wonder he submerged himself in a sea of drugs and brandy. If he came to the surface there was an f-d up world to deal with, of his creation. Demand to see his son. What a creep. You can still be talented and not be a jerk.

+1

It looks like both Brian and his parents and sister do not see his offspring as family, but rather as the unwelcome outcome of a sexual encounter.

Date: February 8, 2011 12:32

Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned

Mathijs

[www.moszkowicz.nl]

Mathijs

Moscovitch is a well known existing surname in Amsterdam as well btw,IDFA involved,if you manage to get there.

[www.idfa.nl]

It isn't well known in Amsterdam at all. There's just two in Amsterdam: Bram Moszkowicz, a famous lawyer, and Robert Moszkowicz, an expelled lawyer.

The Moszkowicz family is originally from Maastricht and Antwerp, where Max Jr. and David are also lawyer.

You don't have a clue don't you...

Mathijs

Date: February 8, 2011 12:52

Can't you read ?

Their father was born in Maastricht,I was born there too, he was a good horn player btw.Their sons flew out over the country,one son got on the wrong track, and the others, well very succesful, Bram (Amsterdam)in particular: Holleeder,the guy from Suriname, Wilders,etc
In other words very famous.

I was talking about another well known surname in my last post :Moscovitch.You din't get that?

I'am completely fed up with you, Mr troubleshooter.
Over and out, for ever please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-08 12:54 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 8, 2011 13:08

24FPS
You can still be talented and not be a jerk.

Seems to be quite a rare combination though.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: February 8, 2011 15:28

Amsterdamned
I was talking about another well known surname in my last post :Moscovitch.You din't get that?

When will you start making sense?

Date: February 8, 2011 16:03

Amsterdamned
Can't you read ?

Their father was born in Maastricht,I was born there too, he was a good horn player btw.Their sons flew out over the country,one son got on the wrong track, and the others, well very succesful, Bram (Amsterdam)in particular: Holleeder,the guy from Suriname, Wilders,etc

Max Sr. was born in Essen, Germany in '26, and his family fled to Maastricht in '33. after being deported and surviving Auswitch he returned to Maastircht in '45. Two of his four sons went to Amsterdam, the other two stayed in Maastricht.

Concerning 'Moscovitch' with no 's' and a 't': that's the English spelling of the same, Russion, name, and is very uncommon outside US and UK if it even exists at all. There's only half a dozen Moscovitch's alive. 'Moszcovitch' with a 'z' and no 't' is a misspelling, and does not exist as such.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-09 06:30 by bv.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 8, 2011 16:39

Marie
There is another thread here, the one about Brian Jones's daughter starting a band, where Graham Ride, an old friend from Brian's Cheltenham days, writes a little bit about the family dynamics. If you get a chance read it. In fairness to the parents they were/are (I think they are still alive, but in their 90's) from a different generation and it was different times. Still, I know a lot of elderly grandparents who wouldn't turn their back on their flesh and blood no matter what the cost...

Yes - I read that thread too - thanks for the heads up though!
Times have changed though and these people have been trying to contact them in recent years. You can't teach an old dog new tricks - I'm sure that they probably haven't changed much, but they must see that things are different - besides probaby half of their friends are dead - who are they trying to impress at this point?

The sister has no excuse.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: February 9, 2011 02:35

CindyC
Marie

Yes - I read that thread too - thanks for the heads up though!
Times have changed though and these people have been trying to contact them in recent years. You can't teach an old dog new tricks - I'm sure that they probably haven't changed much, but they must see that things are different - besides probaby half of their friends are dead - who are they trying to impress at this point?

The sister has no excuse.

I agree....if you get a chance read the court-ordered pyschological report done after the 1967 (or is it the '68) bust...some problems there and some problems with mama too per the psychologist.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 9, 2011 06:25

Brian died too soon. He could have done a number of 'Are You My Baby's Daddy?' shows on Maury Povich. Then he could have gone on Dr. Phil and blubbered about his childhood. Celebrity Rehab, VHI-Classics 'Where Are They Now'. The guy really screwed up his career.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 9, 2011 11:17

Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned

Mathijs

[www.moszkowicz.nl]

Mathijs

[www.idfa.nl]

It isn't well known in Amsterdam at all. There's just two in Amsterdam: Bram Moszkowicz, a famous lawyer, and Robert Moszkowicz, an expelled lawyer.

The Moszkowicz family is originally from Maastricht and Antwerp, where Max Jr. and David are also lawyer.

Mathijs

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 9, 2011 13:59

The only Moscovitch (Moskvitsh actually) of which I am aware of, is a Sovietian car... (here in Finland friendly nick-named as "Mosse"). And not a very good one. Stalin, for example, preferred to use Rolls-Royce... Don't blame him. Here is photo of car's recent function:

Anyway, good points here about John Lennon. There are lots of people who had fundamental a difference between one's public and private life - between what one teaches and how one lives. Not necessarely a bad thing an sich.

But when it goes demonizising and moralizing Brian's - the original Rolling Stone, a "bad boy" indeed, right? - irresponsible behavior.... hmm... I have always find it funny within The Stones fans that the cliche of "sex, drugs, and rock&roll" resonates so nicely with Mick and especially Keith, but when it is relatad to Brian Jones, the same people are horrified. Yeah, he really was showing a path for the others - 'little boys' to follow. And as far assholeness goes, LIFE is a testimony that Keith really was a good pupil of Brian. If anything good in LIFE it is that Keith that reveals that he is at least as bad - or even worse - egoist irresponsible bastard Brian ever was. So, thanks to LIFE, the hypocracy and double-standardism among The Stones fans might be a bit lesser now...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-09 14:01 by Doxa.

Date: February 9, 2011 16:29

Rolling Hansie
Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned

Mathijs

[www.moszkowicz.nl]

Mathijs

[www.idfa.nl]

Mathijs

As laywers-which I was referring too and idfa connection,the oher M, my guess would be..yes they are well known in Amsterdam.. You don't have a clue indeed.

I wish my troubleshooter was my neighbour indeed.smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-09 16:58 by Amsterdamned.

Date: February 9, 2011 18:37

Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Can't you read ?

Max Sr. was born in Essen, Germany in '26, and his family fled to Maastricht in '33. after being deported and surviving Auswitch he returned to Maastircht in '45. Two of his four sons went to Amsterdam, the other two stayed in Maastricht.

Concerning 'Moscovitch' with no 's' and a 't': that's the English spelling of the same, Russion, name, and is very uncommon outside US and UK if it even exists at all. There's only half a dozen Moscovitch's alive. 'Moszcovitch' with a 'z' and no 't' is a misspelling, and does not exist as such.

Mathijs

Hey Bjornulf, it is your right to delete posts that are not of you're liking, it is your board after all.

But editing post feels very intrusive, like an invasion of privacy or even of integrity.

This board is not North-Korea, Belarus or Iran....

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home