Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's Jamaica home
Posted by: Devyn ()
Date: February 2, 2011 06:51

So I am in Jamaica on vaca with my wife. I've found the exact location of Keith's Ocho Rios home. I've hired a driver for the day to take us there. All I hope to do is catch a glimpse of it and maybe take a photo out front. In Keith's book he mentioned that he doesn't go there much lately. I was wondering if there was any way of knowing if he is in town? It would be my dream to bump into him, but I realize this is highly unlikely. I wonder if he'd be pissed to think I was looking to snap a photo outside? My wife and I are just HUGE Keith fans.

Re: Keith's Jamaica home
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 2, 2011 08:46

I know the house is on a mountaintop but you might see more of it from below than from the road. I'm sure it's very private and well-secured behind high walls and a gate. Keith built a new house on Parrot Cay in the Turks and Caicos islands and goes there more than Jamaica these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-03 00:12 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 2, 2011 11:43

...... don't go 'round the back where the dead guys are buried ....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 2, 2011 12:22

Rockman
...... don't go 'round the back where the dead guys are buried ....

Ha! I have a copy of that interview on video....wonderful stuff!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 2, 2011 14:49

Its called Point of view and use to be the home of Tommy Steel.U won't be able to see anything of it.U will just see a large gate with the rasta colours on and a whacking great drive through a wood.The place is well guarded by Keef's Rasta mates.Its mainly used as a holiday home for the Stones clan,not exclusively Keef.
Ten years ago I hung out there with some of the Wingless Angels,and Justin Hinds son.
Its a single storey apartment with a balcony that goes on forever and amazing views of Ochos Rios.Swimming pool below the balcony.The apartment is small
and very basic.
And when its not in use by family and friends there is a live in Stones security guy there.Won't go into anymore details.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 2, 2011 15:02

Keith makes it sound like he no longer has the house in his book.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: February 2, 2011 15:44

There used to be a video on Youtube where Keith showed his house in Jamaica, now it's gone.

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: February 2, 2011 16:02

i think his tour announcment for 2007 was shot in jamaica...?

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 2, 2011 16:11

99% certain this is KR's house in Jamaica, Point of View-

[www.caribbeandays.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 2, 2011 17:41

Carnaby

[www.caribbeandays.com]

That says it's in Montego Bay, and I was pretty sure his was near Ocho Rios, several hours away.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 2, 2011 17:57

stones78
There used to be a video on Youtube where Keith showed his house in Jamaica, now it's gone.

Yes, what happened to that? Very good 3-part interview from the Wingless Angels era with Keith sitting on his balcony chatting about everything from composing songs to the spectacular thunderstorms they get in those parts. Has anybody got a copy?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 2, 2011 18:01

I'm sure he has a house there to enjoy his privacy, far away from stalking fans.

That being said, Keith's house is in Ocho Ros. In his book he mentions that the area has become dangerous (crime), so be careful.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 2, 2011 18:04

kovach
Carnaby

[www.caribbeandays.com]

That says it's in Montego Bay, and I was pretty sure his was near Ocho Rios, several hours away.

Hi Kovach. OK, I wouldn't know, I have never been to Jamaica. But isn't KR's house called Point of View?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 2, 2011 18:12

Green Lady
stones78

Yes, what happened to that? Very good 3-part interview from the Wingless Angels era with Keith sitting on his balcony chatting about everything from composing songs to the spectacular thunderstorms they get in those parts. Has anybody got a copy?
There you go...[www.iorr.org] ....when you click on it you'll have to scroll back to the top of the page (For some reason it opens up at the bottom ?).....the links seem to be O.K. hope that's the one you meant, ....

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 2, 2011 19:28

kovach
Carnaby

[www.caribbeandays.com]

Yup - that's definitely not his house - I visited the Tryall Club last year, it's about and hour or two away from Ocho Rios. I made it to the driveway of Keith's house, just to get a peek. I didn't want to go any further and trespass.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 2, 2011 19:28

Also - i think there's another thread where it was said that Keith gave the house to Marlon.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 2, 2011 19:52

CindyC
Also - i think there's another thread where it was said that Keith gave the house to Marlon.

That's right.

It's on this thread: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 2, 2011 20:21

here...

[wikimapia.org]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 2, 2011 23:03

Carnaby
kovach
Carnaby

[www.caribbeandays.com]

Hi Kovach. OK, I wouldn't know, I have never been to Jamaica. But isn't KR's house called Point of View?

Yes, the name's certainly correct!

Posted by: mstmst ()
Date: February 3, 2011 01:00

I visited there in 88. Just got a cab driver to take us up - no problem. He met the caretaker who showed us around. Got a photo of me on his balcony in front of a painting of Greg Isaacs. Had a phonograph and stack of vintage 45s and albums by the door - two sofas facing each other (one with a 6 inch burn hole in it). Great views of the bay.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: February 3, 2011 07:21

I don't believe Keith's place was at the Tryall Golf resort. It is in St Ann’s Parish between Falmouth and Ocho Rios. More Runaway Bay area. I've been going since 1968 when the only riff raff was the Chinese

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 4, 2011 18:18

EddieByword
Green Lady
stones78

There you go...[www.iorr.org] ....when you click on it you'll have to scroll back to the top of the page (For some reason it opens up at the bottom ?).....the links seem to be O.K. hope that's the one you meant, ....

Yes, that's it! Thanks very much. Sorry it took a while to say thank you, but I haven't had time to do all the downloading until now.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 4, 2011 20:43

EddieByword
There you go...[www.iorr.org] ....when you click on it you'll have to scroll back to the top of the page (For some reason it opens up at the bottom ?)

That's because you linked to the message at the bottom, not to the thread.

This link will save you a scroll: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-04 20:43 by Koen.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 4, 2011 20:51

Greenlady that's O.K....no problem..glad it was the right one...& Koen..thanks for that, cheers, Eddie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-04 20:52 by EddieByword.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home