Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman interview...
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 26, 2013 19:55

Re: Bill Wyman interview...
Date: July 26, 2013 23:31

Thank you very much.

Since he left something is missing in the current stones sound.

Darryl is technically thousand light years from Bill. Ok. He played with Miles Davis. Ok. It means something. OK. Does anybody doubt it? BUT....one of the most important ingredients of the stones sound is missing. The hot, spicy, deep, lewd, dark, bluesy, tasty, wise sound of Bill is missing.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 26, 2013 23:34

BK: I know this is a tired old question, but do you think there’s any chance at all you might bring the Rhythm Kings to the USA for some live dates?

BW: We came once, in 2001. We did a small tour, from Canada all the way down to Memphis, doing gigs all the way down. We had some great shows, but we had a lot of quiet shows because people didn’t know us and it wasn’t promoted. The promoter wasn’t well known. We didn’t know that at the time; so it was a bit of a disappointment. It was a bit like the Stones’ first tour of America in 1964. It went by without really doing anything, and I kind of lost heart abut it. And of course since then, I’ve never gone back to America, because I’ve stopped flying.

So when you guys build a bridge or a tunnel, I’ll be there.

So he was still flying after he left The Stones?

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: July 27, 2013 02:35

Yes strange...so he was still willing to fly as recently as 2001. C'mon Bill...grow a pair and book a flight!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 27, 2013 02:53

I love this bit:

They didn’t believe I’d left ’til ’93 (“No, you haven’t left.” “Yes, I have. I left in ’91.” “No, you didn’t.”) In the end, in 1993, just before they were doing the ’94 tour, Mick [Jagger] and Charlie [Watts] finally asked me, “Are you in the band or out?” [I said,] “I’ve been out two years!”

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: July 27, 2013 03:21

emotionalbarbecue
Thank you very much.

Darryl is technically thousand light years from Bill. Ok. He played with Miles Davis. Ok. It means something. OK. Does anybody doubt it? BUT....one of the most important ingredients of the stones sound is missing. The hot, spicy, deep, lewd, dark, bluesy, tasty, wise sound of Bill is missing.

I totally agree. Bill plays with a feeling that Darryl will never have. I would take Bill anyday over almost anyone.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 06:35

Bill did fly again, but into New York City the same day (or close) the Twin Towers were hit on 9/11. Which made him want to avoid airplanes all over again. What timing.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 27, 2013 16:19

emotionalbarbecue
Thank you very much.

An important ingrediant of their sound has been missing since 1969.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 27, 2013 16:48

I can relate to Bill's fear of flying, having flown many times since I was aged 10 and never even considering it to be a risk, I had 3 very bad flights in quite close succession. It put me off although I would still fly for an annual holiday or occasionally to see a band, but ended up having to get valium from the docs for each flight such was my anxiety. To add to that I became a friend of a guy who flew on commercial airlines out of Heathrow and the stories he would tell about how they hammer the life out of commercial jets rather than purchase new ones, added to my paranoia. Consequently, these days I avoid planes as much as possible. In Bill's position, he must have flown more than any of us on here and has probably looked at his odds of being involved in a crash and realised they were going down rapidly and made the decision that it's not worth it. He doesn't need the money from overseas tours, so why put himself through it, especially for half sold out shows.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 27, 2013 20:17

I can't get this. I do understand when People do not want to fly anymore and coming to age travelling gets less exciting than it used tu be. Bill was never a realy fan of all These touring. He Kind of enjoyed at as a Gentleman behaviour more like Charlie. Anyway all these recent interviews give clear evidence that he's somewhat sour and bitter about the succes the Stones had after his departure. I do not blame him, and how could he be ever honest about the biggest mistake he took.
Anyway everybody thinks differents as is this board. But let's face it. Bill is getting spaced out at least when reading his interviews.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home