Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: No Security
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 29, 2011 02:49

Saw opening night in Oakland and the last two shows of the US tour in San Jose that were rescheduled from January. Great setlists and my first indoor "non stadium" Stones shows since the Cow Palace in "75". Without a doubt one of my favorite tours.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 29, 2011 05:12

Saw them in Denver Feb 2. Was also my first non stade show since Cow Palace 75 (No Expectations: which Cow Palace show did you see?). That opening video was so cool and it struck me as a bunch of gunslingers in the Old West on their way to a duel. And Might as Well Get Juiced played during the video.

We were sitting behind the stage for $90 and it was great as nothing was blocking the stage. They were on fire and I remember Charlie playing so hard and loud it was incredible. I brought in a small recorder and got a decent personal boot out of it.

The B stage set was fantastic, especially Rambler which really kicked some ass and was probably the best I have ever heard them play it. And they dedicated Route 66 to Troupe.

Mick was recovering from a cold/flu which is why they cancelled the San Jose shows and rescheduled them. I remember him blowing his nose in a hanky on Charlie's risers. This was the first show after he was sick and we were worried that this show might be cancelled too.

The show was the day after the Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl and Mick said "I want to congratulate you on winning the Super Bowl, you made it look too easy."

It was also memorable for me as I went with my brother and his wife and Down Syndrome son who was 8 or 9 at the time and who was crazy about the Stones. We were worried about how he would handle the show, but he stood the whole time and during Start Me Up (which Keith would start with the opening riff, then pause before tearing into the song), my brother put him on his shoulders.

Also, Charlie threw one of his drum sticks at the end of the show very close to us but a little beyond our reach.

And a day or two later, I went to the Broncos Super Bowl victory parade in downtown Denver.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-29 05:18 by timbernardis.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 29, 2011 05:14

Seen every US tour since 1975. No Security was best tour ever. Saw them in Denver, Sacramento, Fargo, Kansas City, and Oklahoma City!

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: January 29, 2011 05:18

I'm in the minority here. I saw 5-6 shows on this tour. The setlists and guitars were pretty good, but Micks vocals on this tour were shot compared to the B2B tour just a few months earlier.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 29, 2011 05:21

donvis
Seen every US tour since 1975. No Security was best tour ever. Saw them in Denver, Sacramento, Fargo, Kansas City, and Oklahoma City!

did you see both Sacramento shows?

plexi

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: January 29, 2011 05:22

timbernardis
That opening video was so cool and it struck me as a bunch of gunslingers in the Old West on their way to a duel.

yeah that was really great!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: January 29, 2011 06:31

I saw five on this tour - Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Charlotte, and two in Chicago. Got a long handshake with damn direct eye contact from Keith on his way back from the B-stage in Charlotte. My seat was one from the runway bewteen the main and B-stages and the sound was great.

The first Chicago show was off but the second one was tops.

As far as the opening video goes, the first time was cool. After that I thought it would have been cooler to show them coming to the stage for each particular show.

Great setlists - Keith's playing at the beginning of Route 66 was a highlight!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 29, 2011 13:10

MrHappy
The winter weather here in the eastern U.S. made me recall the No Security Tour, a Stones tour so different than the ones we've seen in America over the last couple of decades.
It was indoor arenas in the winter instead of outdoor coliseums in the summer/fall, and while it was lacking the intimacy of a club tour, it was still better than sitting amongst 50,000 or 60,000, fighting traffic, etc.
And there were a lot of bonuses-
- Song Selection: "Some Girls" "Moonlight Mile" and "Get off My Cloud" were among the tunes dusted off and squeezed in with the warhorses.
- Opening: The short film of the Stones strolling toward the stage was far from awe-inspiring, but was enjoyable.
-Some of the opening acts were pretty good,especially The Coors (whatever happened to them?)
- The band seemed to be playing pretty well. I remember Keith's acoustic opening to "Paint it Black" being especially satisfying.
It was kind of a one-off, not a full world tour followed up with stops in Europe or anywhere else, which is maybe another reason it seemed so special.
Hey, I even liked the lock-and-key T-shirts.
Mr Happy..Im not sure what they're doing nowadays..but I know one thing there would'nt be a more "Down to earth" group of musicians than The Corrs they're fantastic..very humbling.Great band just watched another one of their DVD's tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-29 14:14 by colonial.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 29, 2011 14:29

L.A,detroit,vegas-the best shows i've seen since my first in 75.i dont know about this ronnie awol crap.not one person has mentioned him playing badly yet.he knocked it out of the park every night i saw.

the 30th anniversary of the 69 tour and they opened with jjf for the first time since.i'd never seen it just played straight instead of a big,wind -up encore thing...what a tour.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 29, 2011 15:45

just found this

Date: January 29, 2011 15:49

even YGMR sounds great

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 29, 2011 17:25

I saw them a couple of times on that tour and they were great. I wonder why the CD live of the same name isn't that great?
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: January 29, 2011 17:48

rollmops
I saw them a couple of times on that tour and they were great. I wonder why the CD live of the same name isn't that great?
Rock and roll,
Mops

I thought the CD was named No Security with recordings from the BTB tour and the No security tour was named after this live cd to promote it

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 29, 2011 17:53

bluesinc.
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

I thought the CD was named No Security with recordings from the BTB tour and the No security tour was named after this live cd to promote it

My mistake, you're right.
Mops

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 29, 2011 18:30

Oklahoma City 1999. They blew the roof off the joint!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 29, 2011 19:54

starstar74
I'm in the minority here. I saw 5-6 shows on this tour. The setlists and guitars were pretty good, but Micks vocals on this tour were shot compared to the B2B tour just a few months earlier.

Actually I agree to a point - Mick's singing wasn't as strong as on the B2B tour. But the band was still smoking!! And I did think Mick's singing on the 'new' tunes like 'Some Girls', "Paint It Black', and "moonlight Mile" was quite good, as he seemed enthusiastic about breaking out some rarely/never played songs, but he did sound a little bored with the warhorses and such. Even 'Out of Control' was delivered with less power than the stadium tour.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 29, 2011 22:49

No Expectations
Saw opening night in Oakland and the last two shows of the US tour in San Jose that were rescheduled from January. Great setlists and my first indoor "non stadium" Stones shows since the Cow Palace in "75". Without a doubt one of my favorite tours.
I as at all those shows as well. With the added bonus of being in the front row opening night in Oakland.>grinning smiley<

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 29, 2011 23:01

I went both nights in DC. Although my purchased tickets for the second night were in the 400 level, my buddy and I were able to sneak down to the floor and saw the show from about the 25th row. Yowsah!

That second night was as good a Stones show as I've seen (22 total).

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 29, 2011 23:21

NS was the last great Stones tour. I did not see it in the states, but in Stuttgart and Cologne where they played the NS programms on the Babylon stage and I will never forget these concerts.

Date: January 30, 2011 08:54

Midnight Toker Said:
"their gig in charlotte, north carolina was the worst. the sound sucked until they hit the B stage".
Yeah, I definitely agree Charlotte sucked until they hit the B stage especially after seeing the Second show in Washington, D.C. were the Stones were on fire and totally kicked major ass!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-30 08:56 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 30, 2011 09:06

BLUEINCS, thank you for posting those vids. Made my Saturday night a lot more rockin'. What a tour.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 30, 2011 11:18

I was lucky to see the boys in Miami. I was working/living in Venezuela at the time, and a few buddies and I flew to Miami the night before the show. Scored some killer bud, and then hit the show. I remember how excited I was when I saw the marquee with

The Rolling Stones
No Security
LIVE!

Whew! Amazing show! The B stage was just electric with energy and rock and roll spirit. Route 66! Midnight Rambler, and Just My Imagination. Midnight Rambler just smoked!

I was stunned to hear Some Girls and You Got the Silver! I was so excited when Keith started playing the intro YGTS!! Sublime!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home