Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : Bon Jovi has played a free concert in Spain (due to financial crisis)
Date: July 1, 2013 21:08

I do not like Bon Jovi at all....but I must acknowledge his generosity.

Of course this may be just a clever marketing decision but....it has been a great one!

According to the singer, his financial team said to him that playing Spain is not nowadays a good busines due to economic chaos environment.

Jovi decided both playing for free and doi it on the "big" and "expensive" stage at VIcente Calderon Stadium (the place where Rolling Stones have always performed their concerts in Madrid).

He gave a three hours concert

I do not like at all Jovi....but...in this occasion ... Jovi 1 Stones 0

( I hate to write this....angry smiley smoking smiley grinning smiley)

wearing the Spanish soccer team tshirt...

Links with videos and pictures..

video

link

Re: OT : Bon Jovi has played a free concert in Spain (due to financial crisis)
Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 1, 2013 21:33

That was cool. Just that picture with the soccer team shirt is already a great marketing move.

When I read about the possibilities for stones european concerts, I wonder if they will just perform in the northern countries or do a north/south divide in terms of ticket prices. They surely created a precedent with the current ticket prices. In order to be consistent, they either rule out a lot of countries (mine, for sure), or they make the 85$ miracle happen again.

The same thing in South America. While some countries are blooming, and certainly eager for a stones concert, others are not so fine. People talk about a concert in Argentina all the time, but it's probably much easier to charge top dollar tickets in say, Bogota, than in Buenos Aires.

Re: OT : Bon Jovi has played a free concert in Spain (due to financial crisis)
Date: July 2, 2013 01:32

He? He had the band with him, right? winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home