Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Promotional Video Dirty Work 1986
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 30, 2013 13:19

Re: Promotional Video Dirty Work 1986
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 30, 2013 14:12

Wow...Makes me want to go out NOW and buy
The album. Haha

Thanks for posting. The video is better then the
Album..

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 30, 2013 18:42

Dreamer

Wow!

OK all you CBS and Columbia promo people!!!
Thats the game marketing plan, now get busy dirty!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 30, 2013 18:58

Wow. That was painful to watch. The narration is so freaking bad. I remember so vividly what a promotional disaster that album was. It was a pretty bad album for starters, but them the endless MONTH of time between the debut on the Grammy's and the actual album release gave everyone just enough time to forget the Stones had a new album out. Then the lack of a tour was a double whammy. Big let-down of a year for most Stones fans, 1986. Some liked the album, as there have been appreciation threads on this site, but even as a 13 year-old, I was disappointed in the production and weak songs. Thanks for posting this clip, though!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 30, 2013 20:48

It really speaks to its time. Women wrestling, and mud wrestling in particular, were in vogue. Why? Who the hell knows. This was the first Stones release on compact disc and they barely mention that in passing. You can tell they have no idea it will destroy the LP, created a used market that will cut into new sales, and lead to the Napsterization of the entire recorded music industry and bring it to its knees. And the album was shit too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home