Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT:Bands Other than the Stones That You Really Like That other People Don't Appreciate
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 25, 2011 09:22

stupidguy2
And Rolling Stone Magazine did mock it....because the river in question was too shallow for someone to drown....but she said it was "muddy water".
Its a great song, like a piece of Southern Gothic....Id like to think Dylan appreciated it....but....

Did they really? Over something like that? That seems like something they and one of their critics would do. That's like calling out U2 on Pride because Martin Luther King wasn't shot in the morning, but late afternoon/evening. Typical of Rolling Stone magazine.

I never thought Clothes Line Saga to be a parody, really. If you want to call it that, fine. The Basement Tapes has a few others like that, too; Teenage Prayer, See You Later, Allen Ginsburg.

Re: OT:Bands Other than the Stones That You Really Like That other People Don't Appreciate
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 25, 2011 09:32

bolexman
Man thats amazing, many thanks Glam!

My pleasure, glad to turn anyone onto Danny & Dusty. Definitely "cow punk", you nailed it. I think the whole first album can be heard here:

[totalwire.blogspot.com]

And quite coincidentally, Danny & Dusty unequivocably fit the topic of this thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-25 09:33 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 25, 2011 09:39

Gren day (last 2 albums)

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 25, 2011 10:05

KeithNacho
Gren day (last 2 albums)

Oops, that's brave...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 25, 2011 12:44

A band called October Project, that sadly lost their contract with Sony after 2 albums.

Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: January 25, 2011 18:20

The Band & the Felice Brothers.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 25, 2011 22:49

tomk
stupidguy2
And Rolling Stone Magazine did mock it....because the river in question was too shallow for someone to drown....but she said it was "muddy water".
Its a great song, like a piece of Southern Gothic....Id like to think Dylan appreciated it....but....

Did they really? Over something like that? That seems like something they and one of their critics would do. That's like calling out U2 on Pride because Martin Luther King wasn't shot in the morning, but late afternoon/evening. Typical of Rolling Stone magazine.

I never thought Clothes Line Saga to be a parody, really. If you want to call it that, fine. The Basement Tapes has a few others like that, too; Teenage Prayer, See You Later, Allen Ginsburg.

When I rediscovered Gentry a few years ago, I went on a research binge on the net...and that's one of the things I read. They made the comment during the time of is popularity.
RS Magazine is full of shit. They wouldn't dare make a snarky comment about a U2 song. But they would make a snarky comment about a song that received mainstream popularity in the 60s, just to be a bitch...Wenner picked and choosed who to anoint, or starfuck....[[/b]i]but that's another thread....which I may start.[/i]

As for Dylan, he would never comment on the motivations of individual songs. He gets off on being cryptic....but it is hard to ignore the fundamental structure of "Clothes Line"....its nonsensical and Dylan would never do something like that without intent.

And Glam,
I didn't take your comments to be disparaging at all. Its all discussion and if you can convince me that Dylan didn't mock "Ode"....I'd love you if you could.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-25 22:52 by stupidguy2.

Re: OT:Bands Other than the Stones That You Really Like That Other People Don't
Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 00:24

G.G. Allin [Rest In Pi$$]

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home