Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT:Bands Other than the Stones That You Really Like That Other People Don't
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 23, 2011 06:29

Brucer Springsteen & The E Street Band
The Grateful Dead
Rush
U2
Queen
Led Zeppelin
ACDC
The Beatles
Guns & Roses
Aerosmith
Pink Floyd
Eric Clapton
Styx
Metallica
Bob Seger
Train
The Cure
The Eagles
Loverboy
.38 Special
The Who
Pink Floyd (Without Roger Waters)
All of the 60's era SF bands
Yes
ELP
All hair bands
Nirvana
Boston/Kansas/REO SpeedWagon
Billy Joel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-25 19:09 by sweetcharmedlife.

Re: OT:Bands Other than the Stones That You Really Like That other People Don't Appreciate
Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: January 23, 2011 06:53

Re: OT:Bands Other than the Stones That You Really Like That other People Don't Appreciate
Date: January 23, 2011 07:16

Well at least Journey (who I despise) did not make your list of bands other than the Stones that you really like.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 23, 2011 07:51

Slade.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 23, 2011 07:54

its good to be anywhere
Well at least Journey (who I despise) did not make your list of bands other than the Stones that you really like.
Well technically speaking. I do really like the pre-Steve Perry Journey days. They were really good then...If not so commercially sucessful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-23 07:54 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 23, 2011 08:36

The Paul Whiteman Orchestra with Bix Beiderbecke.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-23 08:40 by 24FPS.

Date: January 23, 2011 08:47

Sweetcharmedlife said:"Well technically speaking. I do really like the pre-Steve Perry Journey days. They were really good then...If not so commercially successful".

Suum cuique.... Peace

Date: January 23, 2011 09:06

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: January 23, 2011 10:03

I really like Oasis ! They are worldfamous, but everybody I know hates them.
How do you get worldfamous then ?

Date: January 23, 2011 10:42

Yes, I like Oasis too.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 23, 2011 10:51

The Psychedelic Furs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: January 23, 2011 10:52

One of the forgotten gems of the 60's. I love this album.

The Zombies, masters of pop music:

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 23, 2011 14:19

Ian Dury & the Blockheads.......

Sueperman's big sister

perfect................

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 23, 2011 14:37

J o h n n y T h u n d e r s & T h e H e a r t b r e a k e r s

2 1 2 0

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 23, 2011 16:01

everything i like, which is practically everything.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 23, 2011 16:41

The Fugs.

- Doxa

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 23, 2011 18:29

Primal Scream, which has a few Stones like numbers and had Jimmy Miller produce them. Any Stones fan would probably like their album Give Out But Don't Give Up. Their music is so varied but that is the most Stonesy of their albums.

Date: January 23, 2011 18:56

I like the following bands, but whilst moderately successful they deserve to be far bigger:
The MC5
The Dirtbombs
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
The Loved Ones

And the following bands aren't considered cool, but I really like them:
Jo Jo Zep and The Falcons
Speedball Baby
Black Mountain
Urge Overkill
Steve Miller Band

Date: January 23, 2011 19:40

bolexman
I like the following bands, but whilst moderately successful they deserve to be far bigger:
The MC5
The Dirtbombs
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
The Loved Ones

And the following bands aren't considered cool, but I really like them:
Jo Jo Zep and The Falcons
Speedball Baby
Black Mountain
Urge Overkill
Steve Miller Band

ooo - another black mountain fan! their new one is good if a little uneven. saw them recently in a double-bill with another black band - the angels...good stuff. love stevie geeeetar miller too.....

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 23, 2011 19:54

SOCIAL DISTORTION

Date: January 23, 2011 19:59

Hi StonesTod, yes Black Mountain are great aren't they. Awesome live band, sound fantastic- very heavy, very spacey, very groovy... But their songs are sharply written. Actually they shouldn't have been on my "not considered cool" list because they definitely have credibility and loyal fans... And yes! Steve Miller is a legend. "Fly Like An Eagle" is one of my favourite songs

Date: January 23, 2011 20:10

bolexman
Hi StonesTod, yes Black Mountain are great aren't they. Awesome live band, sound fantastic- very heavy, very spacey, very groovy... But their songs are sharply written. Actually they shouldn't have been on my "not considered cool" list because they definitely have credibility and loyal fans... And yes! Steve Miller is a legend. "Fly Like An Eagle" is one of my favourite songs

checked out the Black Angels? An Austin-based band that's getting a national rep and a euro following, too. i keep hearing a certain "doors" vibe with them....

Date: January 23, 2011 20:16

Thanks for the tip StonesTod I'll check them out. I discovered another cool rock'n'roll band at the end of 2010 called "Jeff The Brotherhood". Just two kids from suburban America and they are great live. Heavy like Black Mountain, but also lots of fuzz pedal, lots of roll! You should look them upon Youtube.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 23, 2011 20:16

I just ordered Man's Gin - Smiling dogs.
It's from the guy who made Cobalt - Gin. Should be cool

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 23, 2011 20:24

Social D

Posted by: Strider ()
Date: January 23, 2011 20:29

Phish
Steely Dan
Yes
Rush
REM

Date: January 23, 2011 20:39

bolexman
Thanks for the tip StonesTod I'll check them out. I discovered another cool rock'n'roll band at the end of 2010 called "Jeff The Brotherhood". Just two kids from suburban America and they are great live. Heavy like Black Mountain, but also lots of fuzz pedal, lots of roll! You should look them upon Youtube.

i'll make a note of them - like their name...that's a good start.

you've inspired me to put on BM's latest....good stuff....

Date: January 23, 2011 20:50

I really like Paul Revere and the Raiders (most people I know hate them)
Check out this commercial for the Pontiac GTO Judge- probably the best car commercial I've ever seen. Awesome stuff!!!!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 23, 2011 20:53

Cheap Triick and Badfinger. KeithNacho I like The Psychadelic Furs too.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 23, 2011 20:57

A second for Cheap Trick

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home