Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

19th Nervous Breakdown
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:54

i'd like this back in the rotation...

Re: 19th Nervous Breakdown
Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:39

Me too. Replace this in place of one more shot

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 18, 2013 01:22

I'm not sure they could pull this off any longer. I just heard the original on the radio an hour ago and it's quite manic. Anything less than real energy sounds like you're just shuffling along. Which of course is the treatment they're giving to Get Off of My Cloud every night, and it stinks and sounds like old men doing it. 19th Nervous Breakdown is a straight on rocker, not a freakin' samba.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 18, 2013 03:06

Charlie can't play a faster song like this anymore, the last time they did it at a couple of early shows on the Bigger Bang tour they played it as a slow blues number which to me was horrendous.

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: June 18, 2013 03:23

I think it is Keith that would struggle more than Charlie....

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 18, 2013 03:28

Rocks off has the same feel

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 18, 2013 04:56

Mick did it excellently on SNL with the Foos last year. He definitely could still do it. I'd assume Ronnie could as well. Charlie and Keith would be the only maybes for me but I think it would be great, and as one of my favorite songs by them I'd love to see it. However, I'd want the straight rock version as opposed to the blues-ish one.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:13

I personally think that they could pull it off. Keith and Charlie are fine!

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:14

should be played in iorr's slot

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:14

....yeah just crank it ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:22

How about Mother's Little Helper? Not played live since '66.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:40

I'd like this one...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:58

jazzbass

The only trouble is the opening line. Now that the singer of that line has gotten old, media critics writing up the shows now would have a field day with it, framing each review around it. If they played that song now it would be as much of an albatross in performance as the famous line in that Who song.

As good a track as it is on the Aftermath album, it's best semi-forgotten as a concert number.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: June 18, 2013 07:07

jazzbass

With the Stones not likely to ever play it again, this isn't too bad...

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 18, 2013 13:15

71Tele
I'd like this one...

... but it's no live song (same for Child of the moon).

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 18, 2013 14:27

I happen to like the slow, bluesy version from Light The Fuse. It has its merits.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 18, 2013 19:15

Well, from the same era, my choice would be Have You Seen Your Mother Baby,....

Now that, is manic.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 18, 2013 19:18

Mr.D
Charlie can't play a faster song like this anymore, the last time they did it at a couple of early shows on the Bigger Bang tour they played it as a slow blues number which to me was horrendous.

i thought it was one of a handful of tour highlights...

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 19, 2013 15:22

stonehearted
jazzbass

The only trouble is the opening line. Now that the singer of that line has gotten old, media critics writing up the shows now would have a field day with it, framing each review around it. If they played that song now it would be as much of an albatross in performance as the famous line in that Who song.

As good a track as it is on the Aftermath album, it's best semi-forgotten as a concert number.

on recent tours ive always thought they could pull this off by acknowledging the irony of the opening line...

make it the opening number and just before they come out, play the Dick Cavett intrview where he askes Mick if he could ever see himeslef singing Satisfcation when he was 40 and his incredulous shock at Mick's answer. Then come out singing "What a drag it is getting old..."

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 20, 2013 03:10

HalfNanker
stonehearted
jazzbass

on recent tours ive always thought they could pull this off by acknowledging the irony of the opening line...

make it the opening number and just before they come out, play the Dick Cavett intrview where he askes Mick if he could ever see himeslef singing Satisfcation when he was 40 and his incredulous shock at Mick's answer. Then come out singing "What a drag it is getting old..."

Anyone know if it has even been rehearsed?

Posted by: Bobby4 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 03:28

Great one! May need Wyman to get that bass sound. No disrespect to Darryl, love his playing, but this one has that unique mid-60s Stones sound.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 20, 2013 07:59

It's a fast shuffle, but that 4/4 version they did on the last tour sucked. That was a creative decision. Charlie can still play it - he played Rip this Joint.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 20, 2013 08:03

drbryant
It's a fast shuffle, but that 4/4 version they did on the last tour sucked. That was a creative decision. Charlie can still play it - he played Rip this Joint.[/quote

I don't think Charlie's skills are the problem here either....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2164
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home