Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mac and the Stones in Phila tonight
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:25

It is my understanding that Mac is playing in Phila tonight and that the Stones are in town. If so, I would strongly suggest to people in the Phila area to go see Mac as anyone could show up. I am not in the Phila area, so what I report here is just hearsay. Check things out before you go.

Re: Mac and the Stones in Phila tonight
Date: June 17, 2013 21:34

Looks like it is the Tin Angel tonight.

[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:04

Another good reason to see Mac is....he's great!

Posted by: gimmerambler ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:07

[glamorosi.blogspot.com]
[www.wmmr.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 00:57 by gimmerambler.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 18, 2013 05:59

Seeing Mac is like seeing a good Faces show in a bar and without Rod Stewart. So it's addition by subtraction!

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:23

Mvc played a rather low key show tonight focusng on ballads and slower numbers. Mostly solo on keys with bass and backup vocals from the Bump Band bassist on several songs. Lots of stories and interacting with the audience, many hoping for a guest appearance. He said the Stones are in Connecticut, which I found hard to imagine with a show here tomorrow (maybe Keith was there at home). Over by 10:15 with a nice meet and greet afterwards

HBK

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:31

I figured Keith would stop home on the trip from Boston to Philly but yes, I'd be surprised if he is still there tonight. Of course, it's only about an hour flight from Connecticut to Philly.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:31

certainly Keith went home to CT between the Boston and Phila shows. Maybe Mick Charlie and Woody are in the guest house?

Date: June 18, 2013 06:37

HouseBoyKnows
Mvc played a rather low key show tonight focusng on ballads and slower numbers. Mostly solo on keys with bass and backup vocals from the Bump Band bassist on several songs. Lots of stories and interacting with the audience, many hoping for a guest appearance. He said the Stones are in Connecticut, which I found hard to imagine with a show here tomorrow (maybe Keith was there at home). Over by 10:15 with a nice meet and greet afterwards

HBK

Was the place packed?

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: June 18, 2013 07:48

Didn't Mac write some book complaining he never got paid for Some Girls. Fat chance Stones show up to help him.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: June 18, 2013 13:22

The place was full but not likely sold out. Very small venue. Maybe 100 total.

HBK

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 18, 2013 14:09

Mac wrote a Great book..."All the Rage"...IMO 1 of the best british rocker books ever...a very good read...he does talk about MJ's er cheapness..

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 18, 2013 14:22

detroitken
Mac wrote a Great book..."All the Rage"...IMO 1 of the best british rocker books ever...a very good read...he does talk about MJ's er cheapness..

mac remembers almost nothing about the gigs themselves, but has a great recollection of the post-gig parties. as it should be.

Date: June 18, 2013 14:37

I saw him a few years ago and it was just like described a few posts above.. a bunch of slow sogns he wrote including about his dead wife..not a good show.. and nothing to do with the faces/stones except for one or two faces songs he did more out of obligation than anything else..

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 18, 2013 15:58

Must have been the same solo show i saw at Jammin Java in Vienna last summer- the show was kind of a downer and as I recall he only did one Faces tune and zero Small Faces tunes.
Kept hoping the tempo would pick up and the mood lighten....never did. Disappointing since Id heard the gigs the previous tour with the Bump Band were really rocking awesome shows. Oh well- the guy had an awful unthinkable tragedy so I'll give him a pass but set expectations accordingly if youre gonna go.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 01:53

my cousin sung on dirty work and never got paid.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: June 19, 2013 02:51

I dunno, but I wouldn't be disappointed if I went to see Ian McLagan and he mostly played newer songs. Whatever the "tempo" may be. He's an artist, so he plays what he feels is appropriate for him, as opposed to a bunch of 40 year-old material (that he never sang on in the first place) for Faces fans. It's good that an artist can move on and be comfortable writing / performing more mature songs. He's not a major attraction, so he doesn't need to please "the nostalgic crowds" at his small-scale gigs. Mind you, I'd love to see the Faces, too - they were great with Mick Hucknall a few years ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home