Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will they play CYHMK again this tour?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 18, 2013 05:59

Has only been played a few times so far, will they play it again at all over the last 3 shows in the US?

Re: Will they play CYHMK again this tour?
Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:02

They sure as hell ought to, it gets a great response everytime they play it.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:11

slew
They sure as hell ought to, it gets a great response everytime they play it.

which is why they won't

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:43

How the hell are we supposed to know the answer to this question?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:45

GumbootCloggeroo

You mean to tell me you don't pre-know?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 18, 2013 07:23

GumbootCloggeroo

Like 95% of the posts on this board, you're supposed to speculate. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 18, 2013 09:42

I'm certainly hoping it comes out at Philly 2. Hasn't been played since the beginning of June, and came out at those shows not on the first not of stands (with the exception of Canada). I've gotten my hopes raised a bit because it wasn't played in Boston and I'd really be surprised if it doesn't come one more time in the US. I'm thinking Philly 2 or Washington, but if they wanted to surprise people they could play it tomorrow since I really wouldn't be expecting it then.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 18, 2013 13:12

I was shocked it wasn't played at Boston 2 but it seems to be par for the course on this tour. No rhyme or reason behind anything.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 18, 2013 14:19

Mick Taylor is the best thing to happen to the live performances since the b stage...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 18, 2013 14:26

fahthree
I was shocked it wasn't played at Boston 2 but it seems to be par for the course on this tour. No rhyme or reason behind anything.

hey! you! get off of my cloud
don't hang around cause two's a crowd

there's a rhyme for you and it's right out of the gate....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 18, 2013 14:27

duke richardson
Mick Taylor is the best thing to happen to the live performances since the b stage...

you're forgetting the family sing-along to SFTD

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 18, 2013 15:08

StonesTod
duke richardson

you're forgetting the family sing-along to SFTD

wait...the one that goes .." i said yeah ..yeah ..yeah.. whoo! ..? is that the one..?

Date: June 18, 2013 15:21

Also, I was wrong. It was played at the second Toronto show. I forgot the shows were just spread out. Which means it was played night 2 in Toronto and Chicago, and Night 3 or 4 of LA (most likely to add something new to an area that got a lot of shows). Now more than ever, I think Philly 2 will get it especially because Boston 2 didn't.

Date: June 18, 2013 15:46

<Will they play CYHMK again this tour?>

Of course!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:00

fahthree

Glimmer Twins winging it as usual...hasn't served them too bad so far!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:06

There is no excuse for NOT playing CYHMK - none. It is one of their deep classic cuts - they have all the key ingredients (Taylor) in place. I would trade Doom and Gloom, One More Shot and a few of the others for Rip This Joint, All Down the Line and the fabulous Monkey Man.

Date: June 18, 2013 16:11

Shawn20
There is no excuse for NOT playing CYHMK - none. It is one of their deep classic cuts - they have all the key ingredients (Taylor) in place. I would trade Doom and Gloom, One More Shot and a few of the others for Rip This Joint, All Down the Line and the fabulous Monkey Man.
Yup. And Can't You Hear Me Knocking is actually a guest appearance that makes sense for Taylor. That and Sway. Those are Taylor classics. Its disappointing they haven't brought him out for an Exile cut. I'd say Let It Bleed as well, but he wasn't on the album so I could see a hint of reason in him not playing on those.

Date: June 18, 2013 16:11

Shawn20

Well, they have given us just as deep and classic cuts recently:

Worried About You and Memory Motel.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:37

DandelionPowderman
Shawn20

Those two are good ones, but I'd have to say, generally speaking, CYHMK was a staple of rock radio for a good many years. You'd need a particularly Stones-friendly station to have been playing either Memory Motel or Worried About You even going back in the time machine. So, I'd say not all "deep classic cuts" are created equal. Though for reasons cited above, i suppose one could label your two examples as "deeper" even if not more "classic" smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:42

I'm hoping for it *tonight*, Philly 1. It could happen--if not, then second Philly or DC, for you all.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 18, 2013 17:02

SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
Shawn20

Those two are good ones, but I'd have to say, generally speaking, CYHMK was a staple of rock radio for a good many years. You'd need a particularly Stones-friendly station to have been playing either Memory Motel or Worried About You even going back in the time machine. So, I'd say not all "deep classic cuts" are created equal. Though for reasons cited above, i suppose one could label your two examples as "deeper" even if not more "classic" smiling smiley

Yeah, I'm with you. However, the Stones are obviously not choosing to play several "deep cuts" at every gig - so sometimes CYHMK is sacrificed because of f.i. the songs I mentioned.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 18, 2013 17:18

DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
Shawn20

Yeah, I'm with you. However, the Stones are obviously not choosing to play several "deep cuts" at every gig - so sometimes CYHMK is sacrificed because of f.i. the songs I mentioned.

True. You're right. And, apart from missing a Taylor showcase, (personally I just wish and probably be satisfied if they tossed him GS), Worried About You, Memory Motel as well as CYHMK are at least, if not more likely to be featured, than a slew of deep Exile cuts (with or without Taylor). But then again, any given night.... I look forward to whatever surprises they do put out there.

Date: June 18, 2013 17:49

What's a bit annoying is that once they hit "D&G" then you know exactly what they're going to play (well Keith does alternate between Happy/Silver/BTMMR)...ONE little change in that FOURTEEN song run would be a nice gesture for the diehards I think!

Date: June 18, 2013 17:50

Sure had my heart set for it on night 2 in Boston.....

Mike

Date: June 18, 2013 18:22

gotdablouse
What's a bit annoying is that once they hit "D&G" then you know exactly what they're going to play (well Keith does alternate between Happy/Silver/BTMMR)...ONE little change in that FOURTEEN song run would be a nice gesture for the diehards I think!
True, although thats mainly for us that watch setlists every night. Sure we're in an era where thats expected, but the Stones never were ones to change it up so much. We'd hate seeing 1972 setlists these days as they were all the same, at least the last half to 2/3 was. I agree it sucks you know the last 14 songs, although thats our fault for looking and its hard to really blame them. Its a great run of songs and just because its not spontaneous isn't really their problem.

Date: June 18, 2013 18:33

You're right, at least they "frontload" another "Warhorse" like IORR.

Isn't there another one they could throw in that last run though? "Let's Spend The Night Together" maybe? "Monkey Man" is probably a tad "obscure". It's too bad nothing from the last 30 years has really "stuck" other than YGMR, that would give them more options!

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 18, 2013 18:34

Philly 2!!!

Date: June 18, 2013 18:37

yes indeed - Philly #2 Can't You Hear Me Knocking - please. Are you listening Chuck? We're saying please!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 18, 2013 18:44

DandelionPowderman
Shawn20

Those two are no classic cuts at all. The first a common song, the latter a cheesy ballad at best, with some melodic flaws in it.

Date: June 18, 2013 18:46

I really like both Worried About You and Memory Motel. But I think it is unfair to put them in the same canon as CYHMK or Monkey Man. I understand the geographical significance to playing Memory Motel in Boston.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home