Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
unofficial news 2013 tour
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: September 5, 2012 17:49

For 2013 they talked about six shows in London, six in New York, six , six shows in Amsterdam and another (last?) show in London.

Re: unofficial news 2013 tour
Date: September 5, 2012 17:52

Who talked about that?

Date: September 5, 2012 17:54

The band.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 5, 2012 17:57

6-6-6. Oh, I get it. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 5, 2012 18:09

You can add a few shows in Paris on the way between London and A'dam.
Bill Wyman is Eurostar-compatible and he can take Thalys too.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: September 5, 2012 18:09

StonedInTokyo

Sorry forgot the six in San Francisco...25 shows.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 5, 2012 18:11

Dreamer
The band.

The Band are long gone.

Date: September 5, 2012 18:13

Doc
You can add a few shows in Paris on the way between London and A'dam.
Bill Wyman is Eurostar-compatible and he can take Thalys too.

I heard he wants to do one (as a guest) in Amsterdam and the last one in London entirely.

Date: September 5, 2012 18:16

Sources?

Posted by: MickRichards ()
Date: September 5, 2012 18:19

Yeah, and those 2 very expensive new songs are going to get a good work out.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 5, 2012 18:25

Dreamer. were you in the room with them when they talked about it? Or is this something that you dreamt?

Date: September 5, 2012 18:26

DandelionPowderman
Sources?

Yes I have sources.
And would you say who they are if you had sources?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 5, 2012 18:32

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night, so I guess it's pretty serious

Date: September 5, 2012 18:44

Send It To me
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night, so I guess it's pretty serious

smiling smiley
Sorry. I was on tour with them. And no I was not in the same room when they talked about that. I'm not that close to the first circle. I don't have to.
It's not a traditional tour. It's a way to be able to play without insurance troubles. One step at a time. Six shows here. Six shows there.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 5, 2012 18:49

Dreamer
Send It To me

smiling smiley
Sorry. I was on tour with them. And no I was not in the same room when they talked about that. I'm not that close to the first circle. I don't have to.
It's not a traditional tour. It's a way to be able to play without insurance troubles. One step at a time. Six shows here. Six shows there.

insurance? insurance is for wimps. the rolling vaginas... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 5, 2012 18:50

So the very last Stones show will be at Jerry's Place in Dallas?

This is fantastic news

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:00

To Dreamer:

Advice - posting anything here about 'inside info' will get you bashed in the head, kicked in the teeth and almost shot at dawn!

I also have inside sources, but I'm not "one of the in-crowd" who is always believed here.

This can be a really cliquey place.

Good luck!

Oh, and what will I do with my further 'inside info'? I'll not post it here; I'll simply phone a few fans who actually do appreciate my help!

Again, much luck. And remember - the last laugh will be on the negative ones! smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 23:16 by Cocaine Eyes.

Date: September 5, 2012 21:26

"I also have inside sources, but I'm not "one of the in-crowd" who is always believed here."

So I notice. They believe a guy who says about july 12 "Not for an actual music performance though, but it will be a press event--and Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will also be in attendance."

I wouldn't say I'm an insider. I liked my job and they are really easy going guys and I like their music (before 1980).
Well I just said they talked about this. Not what is going to happen, like this gentleman did concerning july 12.
I just wanted to see if my information could be adjusted by anyone since I'm not sure it will happen. I'm not sure anything will happen 'cause Keith is not doing that well for longer periods. I hope they will do something. For themselves, for the fans.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:46

mtaylor
Dreamer
The band.

The Band are long gone.

Sad but true.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:51

Dreamer
The band.

I don't think that they will be doing any shows now that Manuel, Danko and Levon have all passed.

Posted by: RSforever ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:59

Dreamer

'cause Keith is not doing that well for longer periods.

Exactly what is his problem?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:03

I think this may have been a plan. Subsequently these 4 shows have been presented to them as an alternative / try out and next year is now wide open.

I doubt they have any firm plans and want to see how it goes in Nov/Dec. befrore making any decisions.

Just thinking out loud, but what else can we do ?

scuk

Date: September 5, 2012 22:07

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Sources?

Yes I have sources.
And would you say who they are if you had sources?

Good, no, you passed the test winking smiley

Seriously, what you´re saying sounds interesting, although I bet they have discussed a lot of other ways to celebrate this anniversary next year as well.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:11

RSforever
Dreamer

Mick.

Mick is his problem.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:19

Dreamer
StonedInTokyo

Sorry forgot the six in San Francisco...25 shows.

Fail

Date: September 5, 2012 22:48

Dreamer
"I also have inside sources, but I'm not "one of the in-crowd" who is always believed here."

So I notice. They believe a guy who says about july 12 "Not for an actual music performance though, but it will be a press event--and Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will also be in attendance."

I wouldn't say I'm an insider. I liked my job and they are really easy going guys and I like their music (before 1980).
Well I just said they talked about this. Not what is going to happen, like this gentleman did concerning july 12.
I just wanted to see if my information could be adjusted by anyone since I'm not sure it will happen. I'm not sure anything will happen 'cause Keith is not doing that well for longer periods. I hope they will do something. For themselves, for the fans.

You don't need to be an insider to understand the genius of Mick Jagger. Might be of some benefit to be good at chess though.smoking smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:57

where I sign? much better for me 2013.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 5, 2012 23:22

Dreamer

Happy you noticed! I'm not 'an insider' per se but I am well-connected to the band. Therefore, I receive 'inside info' long before it goes public.

But from here on, I'll not post info here until the "in-crowd" posts it. And more than likely, *some* of the in-crowd will be mistaken.....again!!tongue sticking out smiley

All the best to you, Dreamer!

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: September 5, 2012 23:47

Nice to see some civil post with what may be some good information. Dreamer, your information sounds logical and I would imagine insuring the tour would eat away at much of the profits of a smaller tour. I think Lloyds of London got hammered on the Michael Jackson tour. Private backing from Branson could make it happen on the scale Dreamer notes. The 2 NYC and 2 London are probably test to see how it goes. Hope I can get tickets to NYC for my daughter and me.

Date: September 5, 2012 23:48

RSforever
Dreamer

He never fell out of a tree or something. That's not what happened. He had what's called a cerebrovascular accident.
Doesn't give him exactly what you need for a traditional Stones tour.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home