Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What Micks done with his Band is..Inspirational!
Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: January 17, 2011 03:50

well for me if they were playing in the same town at the same time, for the same amount of money,, i know where my money would go,, be it yesterday,, today or tomorrow,,

and as for no nonsense ale,, ive yet to drink any of that stuff

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 17, 2011 04:00

northernale1
well for me if they were playing in the same town at the same time, for the same amount of money,, i know where my money would go,, be it yesterday,, today or tomorrow,,

and as for no nonsense ale,, ive yet to drink any of that stuff
Fair enough of course......I just wondered how you got your northernale1 username and John Smiths no nonsense was the only northernale I could think of.....just being nosy....no matter though, Cheers,Eddie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-17 04:01 by EddieByword.

Date: January 17, 2011 04:04

in canada the area on the province on Ontario,, the Norhtern are has a city called Sudbury, where there produced a beer called Northernale.. I really enjoy beer, and living in Northern Ontario,, hence i took on the nick northernale..

as for John Smiths no nonsense i have no idea what that is..

Date: January 17, 2011 04:04

in canada the area in the province of Ontario,, the Northern area has a city called Sudbury, where there was produced a beer called Northernale.. I really enjoy beer, and living in Northern Ontario,, hence i took on the nick northernale..

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 17, 2011 04:16

i wonder how on earth the folks in northern ontario who don't enjoy beer even survive? no offense....but....that kinda scares me to think about. and really shouldn't it be called "sudsbury"?

Date: January 17, 2011 04:29

northernale1
in canada the area in the province of Ontario,, the Northern area has a city called Sudbury, where there was produced a beer called Northernale.. I really enjoy beer, and living in Northern Ontario,, hence i took on the nick northernale..

Ah sorry ....John Smith's ale, a beer made in the North of England (hence northern ale) and famous here.....promoted with a series of 'No Nonsense' ads presented by a famous (In England at any rate) northerner from Manchester, Peter Kay...(Northerners are renowned for their 'no nonsense, no beating round the bush' attitude)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-17 04:37 by EddieByword.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 17, 2011 04:35

Rockman
The southern hemisphere has always had problems with making people see funny things.

Yeah it sure does ..... What part of Tasmania are you from Skip?

The devil part.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 17, 2011 05:11

skipstone
whitem8
Well they are still a band.

They ARE? Last I knew it, bands play music, go on tour, usually on a quite regular basis ha ha ha ha ha...

Yeah, like I said some folks just don't get it. The Stones haven't broken up have they? They are still all into music? They like playing with each other (Music)? They are still a band full stop. They might not be the band you want them to be, but they are still a band.

Date: January 17, 2011 05:35

whitem8
skipstone
whitem8
Well they are still a band.

They ARE?

Yeah, like I said some folks just don't get it. The Stones haven't broken up have they? They are still all into music? They like playing with each other (Music)? They are still a band full stop. They might not be the band you want them to be, but they are still a band.

Eh. Dude - that's because there's NOT MUCH TO GET. Their history the past, ohhhhh, gee, gosh, I really can't put an accurate number on it at this very moment because I'm having a difficult time figuring out when they've actually been a "band" "playing" music...but since 1989 it's pretty safe to say "not much".

You ask, "They are still all into music?". It's obvious Ronnie is, since he's running around actually playing his guitar and doing some radio show and whatever else. That's it as far as that for 'they' goes.

You ask "They are still a band full stop". They are? What does "full stop" mean? Recording overdubs on tracks from 1971 including having an ex-band member record without one of the other main higher up members not even knowing about it!!!!!????????

What are you SMOKING!!!???

Doesn't that imply a band that does things together and plans things together and then...does things together? Like...shows? Albums? Singles? EPs? Videos? Tours?

That's not the Stones. It WAS the Stones but it's not anymore. What you've just described is more akin to Pearl Jam or the Drive-By Truckers and a load of other actual bands.

I don't "want them to be" anything other than if they are to be what they are to be it, which they aren't really - except for the part that they've never said they've quit nor are they physically continuing really - only when the money is right/there. If they're going to record a new record I'm not going to have the new record until it's on sale. Period. Regardless of the whole "pre" "order" thing, which just means you've actually ordered it, when you order it it's not in your hands until it's in your hands. There for it means nothing until it's in my hands.

It's more like bank than a band: it operates to make money and nothing else. A band isn't your friend, it's a bank.

And if they aren't to be what we want them to be then so be it what that it is which is not a band anymore, which, as far as everyone here is concerned, has not been since August of 2007. No gun to their head - they only started out in 1962 for motherfuckingfuck's sake.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 17, 2011 05:51

Well for me they are a band and always will be. I don't care what they do, just get into the music. Rather have fun with it than be frustrated...that is the Buddhist in me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-17 06:10 by whitem8.

Date: January 17, 2011 17:43

Ha ha - that's what the records are for!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 17, 2011 19:12

Colonial, you mentioned that Mick Jagger was 'inspirational' but inspiration means nothing unless you follow through on it. So, what have you done with your 'inspiration'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-17 19:37 by ChrisM.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 17, 2011 19:20

ChrisM
Colonial, you mentioned that Mick Jagger was 'inspirational' but in inspiration means nothing unless you follow through on it. So, what have you done with your 'inspiration'?
ChrisM..I'll let ya' know later im just off to work to do some more Stonework..cheers

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: January 17, 2011 19:48

When they first started out it WAS Brian's band.

Mick handles the business these days and Keith manages the music.

whitem8
His band??? HMMMMMM. Well, I think it is really more him and Keith, and it seems like Keith was responsible for a lot more of the music than lore would have us believe.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 17, 2011 22:33

mick's lyrics + keith's music compositon=alot of great music. without one, you have a blank recording. it is easy and quite simple logic.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: January 17, 2011 23:05

Midnight Toker
mick's lyrics + keith's music compositon=alot of great music.

You really believe this??

I cannot speak for colonial, but I don´t think he wanted to start a thread about who´s band it is. From Mick´s point of view it is "his" band, for Ronnie it is "his" band as well. Like I talk of "my" family, but that doesn´t mean that I own them.

Date: January 18, 2011 18:38

ChrisM
Colonial, you mentioned that Mick Jagger was 'inspirational' but inspiration means nothing unless you follow through on it. So, what have you done with your 'inspiration'?

ChrisM..I just like the way Mick Jagger and The Stones had gone about their work..in that very English tradesmen like fashion in a cool sort of way..and made some of the best Rock music in the world..smoking smiley

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 18, 2011 18:55

colonial
ChrisM

ChrisM..I just like the way Mick Jagger and The Stones had gone about their work..in that very English tradesmen like fashion in a cool sort of way..and made some of the best Rock music in the world..smoking smiley
that's admiration. but where's the inspiration? how has mick inspired you? do you go about your work in a very english tradesmen like fashion in a cool sort of way? has he inspired you to make rock music?

Date: January 18, 2011 20:44

ineedadrink
colonial
ChrisM

that's admiration. but where's the inspiration? how has mick inspired you? do you go about your work in a very english tradesmen like fashion in a cool sort of way? has he inspired you to make rock music?

ineedadrink..My inspiration for The Stones can be seen in how I go about things.And for the other question I suppose I go about my work in a very traditional English sort of way..its usually a cup of tea and a read of the newspaper about every hour on the job..yea'>grinning smiley<

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 19, 2011 01:39

Yes, Eddie, I'll weigh in on that and agree totally with you...or is it YOU that agreed with me?? Joking! I do understand that not everyone thinks that Mick's solo material is not as great as Keith's...poor deluded folks! Compared to Keith's solo catalog, Mick's is pure genius!! IMO, of course!! Seriously, Mick saved the band from destruction many times, and that is just not debatable. As for his solo material, it is really up to the individual but I do believe that Keith's material is not varied whereas MIck tries out different styles...some you may not like but at least it all doesn't sound the same.

Date: January 19, 2011 02:55

Quote mickschix...>or is it YOU that agreed with me??<...... No, I'm happy to go along with that, I just elaborated a bit. I've got to say it does make a refreshing change to read a more enlightened view of Mick and his music rather than just.....Keith!..Keith!..Keith! all the time.......(I just don't get how someone can miss how alive and expansive Mick's stuff is compared with Keith's - must have just not had their wiring checked properly at the factory before they popped out........)cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-19 18:59 by EddieByword.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 03:09

MJG196
colonial
What Mick Jagger has done with his Band in the last 50 years..well theres only one word for it.."Inspirational".Both Mick Jagger and Elvis Presley will go down in history as two of the greatest frontman of all time.But I think Mick is right out on his own when it comes to been the most inspirational and astute frontman of all time.

Mick, it will never be YOUR band.

And Charlie will never be "your drummer "

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 03:20

"Mick's band," what a schoolyard argument.

Hell is having to listen to the unrelenting arguments of the Mick and Keith camps all day. I can just imagine the conversation at the dinner table:

If there was no macaroni there'd be no macaroni & cheese.

Oh yeah? Well, if there was no Cheese then Macaroni wouldn't have made it this far; he'd have been washed up decades ago.

Mac and Cheese, like Mick and Keith, are but two essential ingredients that go into making up something larger than either of them.

I think I almost prefer the Mick Taylor's better than _____________ threads.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 19, 2011 07:45

camper88
"Mick's band," what a schoolyard argument.

Hell is having to listen to the unrelenting arguments of the Mick and Keith camps all day. I can just imagine the conversation at the dinner table:

If there was no macaroni there'd be no macaroni & cheese.

Oh yeah? Well, if there was no Cheese then Macaroni wouldn't have made it this far; he'd have been washed up decades ago.

Mac and Cheese, like Mick and Keith, are but two essential ingredients that go into making up something larger than either of them.

I think I almost prefer the Mick Taylor's better than _____________ threads.

I think Keith is cheesier though, so it's good that you equated Mick with Mac and Keith with cheese.

Plus, Mick & Mac sort of go together.

Perhaps Mick and Macca should record an album together?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home