Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones Have Given Spoiled Fans Enough!
Date: April 17, 2013 05:09

It's easy to become spoiled when you are used to getting just about everything you want. Some of us fans screamed for a 50th anniversary tour. They delivered. Many of us whined about how bad we wanted Mick Taylor to be part of that tour. They delivered. Bill Wyman even came back for a couple of shows. At least one of us challenged them to fight for lower ticket prices for us. That's exactly what they did for this second leg of the 50 and Counting tour. Some wailed about new music. They gave us two brand new "killer" songs. Of course we want more! We always do, but when is enough, enough?

I have decided that I am done pressuring them. Done challenging them. They have given us enough. From now on I just enjoy whatever they decide to give us - whatever is left in the tank is good enough for me.

Re: Stones Have Given Spoiled Fans Enough!
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:11

Nuh uh.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:19

New Album .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 17, 2013 05:20

It's really time to just enjoy them on what could be their last time out. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Nuh uh.
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:22

Nuh uh.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:23

JumpinJackOLantern
It's really time to just enjoy them on what could be their last time out. Tomorrow is promised to no one.
you are one of the die hards here, glad to see you back posting, this will be a fun ride, enjoy!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:24

JumpinJackOLantern
It's easy to become spoiled when you are used to getting just about everything you want. Some of us fans screamed for a 50th anniversary tour. They delivered. Many of us whined about how bad we wanted Mick Taylor to be part of that tour. They delivered. Bill Wyman even came back for a couple of shows. At least one of us challenged them to fight for lower ticket prices for us. That's exactly what they did for this second leg of the 50 and Counting tour. Some wailed about new music. They gave us two brand new "killer" songs. Of course we want more! We always do, but when is enough, enough?

I have decided that I am done pressuring them. Done challenging them. They have given us enough. From now on I just enjoy whatever they decide to give us - whatever is left in the tank is good enough for me.

Standing O.

Well said.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:26

gimme..gimme...gimme all your money, gimme all your gold.

Date: April 17, 2013 05:26

Rockman
New Album .....

That would be wonderful, but lets not push them into something that Mick may not have his heart into in the first place.

Date: April 17, 2013 05:29

DoomandGloom
JumpinJackOLantern
you are one of the die hards here, glad to see you back posting, this will be a fun ride, enjoy!

Thanks, mate. They are definitely in the homestretch. Let's see them all the way to the finish!

Date: April 17, 2013 05:33

MisterDDDD
JumpinJackOLantern

Standing O.

Well said.

Thanks, mate. One Love Gold Rings On Ya smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-17 05:35 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:48

Enjoy them.. Zeppelin fans (IN FACT, ANY OTHER FANS) have NO idea what they are missing... The band will pull it out one last time, as this could really be it due to age. They will kick ass again.
I thank the Stones for coming out with the $85 tickets.
As for new music, take the Stones for who they are and what they've accomplished. Perfect opportunity for that.. 50 years! You Tube is giving us more and more videos each day from live acts, and from underground songs. The Stones have provided us so much material that we can put together a "new" album off of live streamed or burned off of You Tube alone. They gave us outtakes from Exile and Some Girls -- both good enough for new albums. They haven't played any of those songs live (to my knowledge). I'd love to hear some... and I don't think anyone is spoiled until the band doesn't enjoy performing.
I love this band, and the things they have done in the last 8 years have been absolutely amazing. I appreciate every effort they are making towards the 2012 and 2013 shows... unbelievable... so far, it's been great. I CANNOT WAIT for this tour with Mick Taylor................... what a way to go out (maybe).
But spoiled?... no, if the band enjoys what they do, we're just fans. We're just people. We enjoy it, so do they. Let it rock.

Date: April 17, 2013 05:50

The sun is setting, but what a glorious sunset it is! Let's enjoy it before the darkness sets in. Hard to believe that they are going back to Hyde Park 44 years later, and almost to the day! 1969 seems just like yesterday. Wonders never cease.

Date: April 17, 2013 05:55

BustedButton
Enjoy them.. Zeppelin fans (IN FACT, ANY OTHER FANS) have NO idea what they are missing... The band will pull it out one last time, as this could really be it due to age. They will kick ass again.
I thank the Stones for coming out with the $85 tickets.
As for new music, take the Stones for who they are and what they've accomplished. Perfect opportunity for that.. 50 years! You Tube is giving us more and more videos each day from live acts, and from underground songs. The Stones have provided us so much material that we can put together a "new" album off of live streamed or burned off of You Tube alone. They gave us outtakes from Exile and Some Girls -- both good enough for new albums. They haven't played any of those songs live (to my knowledge). I'd love to hear some... and I don't think anyone is spoiled until the band doesn't enjoy performing.
I love this band, and the things they have done in the last 8 years have been absolutely amazing. I appreciate every effort they are making towards the 2012 and 2013 shows... unbelievable... so far, it's been great. I CANNOT WAIT for this tour with Mick Taylor................... what a way to go out (maybe).
But spoiled?... no, if the band enjoys what they do, we're just fans. We're just people. We enjoy it, so do they. Let it rock.

Well stated. I am expecting more great performances. The great ones have a way of turning back the clock.

In my opinion the Some Girls bonus tracks are better than the original. If that's their last great album, then so be it.

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:58

This thread is giving me goosebumps.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:59

latebloomer

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 17, 2013 06:01

BustedButton
Zeppelin fans (IN FACT, ANY OTHER FANS) have NO idea what they are missing...

I'm a Zeppelin fan and a Stones fan...is that not permitted?

Date: April 17, 2013 06:05

tommyquinn
This thread is giving me goosebumps.

Me too! But the Stones have always given me goosebumps!

Date: April 17, 2013 06:09

latebloomer

If I had a spare 10 million I would give it to them to record that one last great album that would send them out in a blaze of glory!

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: April 17, 2013 06:12

Joh Paul, 100% permitted. There are a lot of Zeppelin fans who are in it for Bonham's drumming and Jimmy's guitar playing... which is TOTALLY different than Charlie's drumming and Keith's/ Mick/ or Ronnie's Guitar.

I'm also a huge Zep fan, they are my second favorite band. I know a few zep fans who dislike the Rolling Stones b/c of said differences in playing style.

My point is, anyone who is a led zeppelin fan (or a fan of any other group) who frowns at the Stones doesn't know what they are missing.

You'll find that most of my posts are missing a key word or ingredient haha, but once I get my point across, it's always to benefit the Stones, and to try and put a thoughtful smile on everyone's face.

Go zep! Go Stones! But go Stones TODAY! Fans of other groups don't know what they are missing, but we're not spoiled b/c we love it and the band still loves doing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-17 06:13 by BustedButton.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 17, 2013 06:13

How exactly does one "fight" to lower the price of tickets that they set? I'm not trying to get into the whole ticket price debate, I'm just saying, they are the ones who set those prices so they didn't have to fight anybody to sell those $85 tickets. It's cool they did, and I tip my hat, they didn't have to blow up anybody's Death Star to pull it off though.

Date: April 17, 2013 06:41

NoCode0680
How exactly does one "fight" to lower the price of tickets that they set? I'm not trying to get into the whole ticket price debate, I'm just saying, they are the ones who set those prices so they didn't have to fight anybody to sell those $85 tickets. It's cool they did, and I tip my hat, they didn't have to blow up anybody's Death Star to pull it off though.

Keith said, they (the band) insisted on lower ticket prices while negotiating this latest "leg" of the 50 and Counting tour. The promoters have far more say today than they had ten years ago.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 17, 2013 06:47

Colonial, do you really think think that anyone, least of all their fans, can "pressure" the Rolling Stones into doing anything they don't want to do at this stage in their career? As to giving the fans what they want, they will do that as long as it makes good business sense. If not, then no, they won't. I also very much disagree with your use of this word "spoiled" in this context. Perhaps you consider yourself as such and that's fine, but standards vary
from person to person...

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 17, 2013 06:51

This could be the last time...and we can't even count on that, life is too uncertain.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 17, 2013 07:02

If they fought for lower ticket prices they must not have fought that hard.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 17, 2013 07:15

NoCode0680

It's part of a negotiation.

In the simplest structure, the band might agree to deliver 12 to 18 performances of the "50 & Counting Tour" in the continental United States for $5 million per show (as an example). The promoter has the right to set the ticket prices at whatever it wants.

Anything beyond that makes things more complicated. The band might want XX number of seats reserved for friends and family. The band might want XX number of seats in "VIP" packages which are marketed by the band rather than the promoter". Or, as in this case, the band may Or the band may insist that a block of tickets be sold at low prices. Each request represents a limitation on the promoter's freedom to do what it wants in pricing tickets, and so the promoter might negotiate a lower guarantee - for example, the promoter might say "If you make me sell 1000 tickets for $85, that increases the risk that I won't be able to sell the $600 floor seats - the guarantee will have to be lower, say $4 million"

It's all a negotiation. Keith saying the band "fought" for it is accurate enough. The band could always say "We'll play each show for $500,000 - please price the entire venue at $100" and the promoters would agree. But, that's not realistic

Date: April 17, 2013 07:28

ChrisM
Colonial, do you really think think that anyone, least of all their fans, can "pressure" the Rolling Stones into doing anything they don't want to do at this stage in their career? As to giving the fans what they want, they will do that as long as it makes good business sense. If not, then no, they won't. I also very much disagree with your use of this word "spoiled" in this context. Perhaps you consider yourself as such and that's fine, but standards vary
from person to person...

Colonial is in New Zealand, I think. I am on the west coast of the United States.

Of course my "grand and sweeping" statement does not apply to each individual fan, but I do believe that the vast majority of the Stones hardcore fan base are a little spoiled. Many of us are never satisfied no matter how much we receive. This band could have packed it in over forty years ago, like the Beatles did, but they chose to keep the flame burning. We are really fortunate to be fans of a band that is considered to be one of the two greatest rock 'n roll bands of all time. And are still out there performing at a amazingly high level.

Date: April 17, 2013 07:38

drbryant
NoCode0680

It's part of a negotiation.

In the simplest structure, the band might agree to deliver 12 to 18 performances of the "50 & Counting Tour" in the continental United States for $5 million per show (as an example). The promoter has the right to set the ticket prices at whatever it wants.

Anything beyond that makes things more complicated. The band might want XX number of seats reserved for friends and family. The band might want XX number of seats in "VIP" packages which are marketed by the band rather than the promoter". Or, as in this case, the band may Or the band may insist that a block of tickets be sold at low prices. Each request represents a limitation on the promoter's freedom to do what it wants in pricing tickets, and so the promoter might negotiate a lower guarantee - for example, the promoter might say "If you make me sell 1000 tickets for $85, that increases the risk that I won't be able to sell the $600 floor seats - the guarantee will have to be lower, say $4 million"

It's all a negotiation. Keith saying the band "fought" for it is accurate enough. The band could always say "We'll play each show for $500,000 - please price the entire venue at $100" and the promoters would agree. But, that's not realistic

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: April 17, 2013 07:48

71Tele
If they fought for lower ticket prices they must not have fought that hard.

The fact that they fought at all is enough for me.

Posted by: canuguessmyname ()
Date: April 17, 2013 08:14

JumpinJackOLantern

"...Fight for lower ticket prices, you say?" These nose bleed tickets on the last tour were $39 + taxes/fees, now they are >>>>(US $150.00 Ticket + US $13.02 Fees/Additional Taxes = US $163.02) Plus, I've only seen the following message for "these cheap tics">>> (No Tickets Currently Available at this Price) Same goes for those so called $85. tickets, but they make you buy two of those, if your lucky enough to get to them!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home