Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones can make high ticket prices worth it if...
Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 04:29

they play the tunes most die hards want to hear. Let's face it, diehard fans comprise most of the people paying this kind of money to see the Stones at this point. Most of those fans, I beleive, don't want to hear Brown Sugar, Star Me up, Jumpin JF, Satisfaction, etc... any more. We have seen those enough. Make it worth our expensive seats and play some deeper, more rare tunes.....like Sweet Virgina, Sway, Cant You Hear ME knockin, any Goats HEad Soup tunes, Hey Negrita and Black/Blue album songs, Til The LAst Time We say Goodbye, Salt of the Earth, etc.....and some of these are tunes that they have played recent years and/or have rehearsed. playing some of those would make the high prices worth it and all would be happy. you would probably get a few people who would complain they didnt know some of the tunes, but those are rookies, who if they realized it, would know they are seeing some sick Stones tunes.

See ya in Boston---hopefully Memory Motel!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Stones can make high ticket prices worth it if...
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 8, 2013 04:37

fredlynn19
they play the tunes most die hards want to hear. Let's face it, diehard fans comprise most of the people paying this kind of money to see the Stones at this point. Most of those fans, I beleive, don't want to hear Brown Sugar, Star Me up, Jumpin JF, Satisfaction, etc... any more. We have seen those enough. Make it worth our expensive seats and play some deeper, more rare tunes.....like Sweet Virgina, Sway, Cant You Hear ME knockin, any Goats HEad Soup tunes, Hey Negrita and Black/Blue album songs, Til The LAst Time We say Goodbye, Salt of the Earth, etc.....and some of these are tunes that they have played recent years and/or have rehearsed. playing some of those would make the high prices worth it and all would be happy. you would probably get a few people who would complain they didnt know some of the tunes, but those are rookies, who if they realized it, would know they are seeing some sick Stones tunes.

See ya in Boston---hopefully Memory Motel!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love that too. Not sure if you are right about the crowd. In Oakland they sat down for emotional rescue and dead flowers and were on their feet screaming for the war horses.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 8, 2013 04:38

They commit suicide right on the stage....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 8, 2013 04:52

But if you're a diehard fan then wouldn't you be happy to see them no matter what? Wouldn't your love for The Stones be unconditional? This whole diehard fan thing is confusing. I can picture two fans having a conversation.

Fan #1: I love The Stones
Fan #2: Me too! I'm a diehard fan! Stones are a way of life!!
Fan #1: Oh wow! You must love them so much then! I bet you're totally enjoying the fact that they're back on stage performing for fans like you.
Fan #2: Nope. I'm not.
Fan #1: You're not? But I thought you were a diehard fan?
Fan #2: (silence)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 05:05 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home