Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ain't too proud to beg - solo - Help!
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 7, 2013 12:09

The very first part of it. Can't nail it. I'm close, but something's missing. Something wrong with the voicing of the chords. Effects?

Help any one?

C

Re: Ain't too proud to beg - solo - Help!
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 7, 2013 12:46

In this magazine, that solo is rated as the 8th worst guitar solo ever.
[www.guitarworld.com]

"Keith Richards says he never understood why Mick Taylor left the Rolling Stones, but this horrendous, lurching and sputtering solo might have had something to do with his exit. Was Taylor angry with Richards for ruining an otherwise decent cover of a Motown classic? Was he too proud to beg to play the solo himself? Or was he just plain tired of playing with a group he considered rank amateurs? “I couldn’t believe how bad they were,” Taylor has said of the group. “Their playing was out of tune, and they sounded like a garage band. I often wondered how the Stones could make hit records.” Maybe it was only rock and roll, but Taylor apparently didn’t like it, and he bailed from the Stones less than two months after this record came out."

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 7, 2013 12:49

This magazine should have rated some live Woody guitar solo... >grinning smiley<smileys with beer

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 7, 2013 13:28

...this horrendous, lurching and sputtering solo...
eye rolling smiley PFffffffff!

another best of / worst of list on the internet by some twit - I'll fart in their general direction.

now on with the solo!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 7, 2013 13:57

OK, fair enough, it ain't exactly fluid or melodic, but I truly love this solo. It has something. The tone, the dissonances, it just sticks in my mind.

Usually I get around it playing some odd solo in b major pentatonic, but every time I do so, something is missing! So yesterday I tried to understand what to do. As I said, I'm close, but can't nail it. That is to say, I'm miles away ...

C

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:57

probably not much help, but....

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:58

liddas
The very first part of it. Can't nail it. I'm close, but something's missing. Something wrong with the voicing of the chords. Effects?

Help any one?

C

Maybe you should try to play it while on heroin?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home