Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pictures of 'The Blade'
Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: January 13, 2011 00:47

Still working my way through 'Life'

'The Blade' get mentioned a lot- just wondered if there are any photos of Keith with 'The Blade'?

Re: Pictures of 'The Blade'
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 13, 2011 00:50

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 13, 2011 00:53

there's probably a blade in there somewhere.

Date: January 13, 2011 00:54

Well done Gaz - that was quick!

I'm not a slow reader- only got the book for Xmas- just got to the bit where he gets the blade out to Billy Preston for playing too loud!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 13, 2011 01:05

nanker phelge

I'm not a slow reader- only got the book for Xmas- just got to the bit where he gets the blade out to Billy Preston for playing too loud!

If it's true, what a complete @#$%& for doing so! If it ain't true, what a complete @#$%& for making something like that up!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 13, 2011 01:20

nanker phelge

Just google 'Keith richards knife' and it's pretty easy!

Date: January 13, 2011 01:23

Gazza
nanker phelge

Just google 'Keith richards knife' and it's pretty easy!

Lol Guess so!

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: January 13, 2011 02:11

Lawyer: So, Mr. Richards, How many men have you stabbed in your colorful career?

Keith: Stabbed, Or killed?

Lawyer: Let us restrict it to "killed" so that we may have a manageable number!

Date: January 13, 2011 02:35

More like...

Lawyer: So, Mr. Richards, How many men have you stabbed in your colorful career?

Keith: None, I full of shit!

Lawyer: M'kay

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 13, 2011 03:50

You can catch a glimpses of it at about the 2:03 & 2:33 marks.

Keith carries an Okapi,a knife which is known as the "Saturday Night Special" of knives. I'm surprised that Keith doesn't carry a knife that you can open with one hand.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-13 03:55 by Keefan.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 13, 2011 04:04

Gazza

Well, we've all been shown the blade!

Date: January 13, 2011 04:46

Say what you will, that is a bad-ass video though. I put it that the Winos were Keith's best venture in last 20 years.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 13, 2011 06:02

His Majesty
nanker phelge

If it's true, what a complete @#$%& for doing so! If it ain't true, what a complete @#$%& for making something like that up!

I thought the same thing when I read this story.
This pirate/blade/knife thing is just a big joke to me now.
I wonder if he knows who pathetic it sounds.
I heard the NPR interview and it was awful,like a bad Humphrey Bogart:
Hey, sweetheart. You know what I mean, baby,?
What was the other dumb story in the book?
Chasing around some kid 'cause he tossed out his green onions or some nonsense?
It's a long way from hanging around with Robert Fraser, London 1966.
"Aarrgghh. Avast ye Billy Preston and walk the plank for being too loud!"

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 13, 2011 08:55

His Majesty
nanker phelge

I still haven't read Keith's book, so I don't know how he described it, but sometimes between buddies pulling a knife on each other at times is no big deal - its just a good way to make a point (if you'll pardon the pun).

I used to work at a place where most of my fellow co-workers carried knives. If I was in a bad mood and didn't want to work on a project, the salesman would sometimes pull a knife on me to get me 'motivated'. And I would sometimes pull a knife on my boss if he was trying to steal any of my snacks (which was something he liked to do). It was all in good fun. Maybe Keith likes to joke around in a similar fashion, but overly dramatized it in his book?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 13, 2011 09:48

Gazza

Is that a knife mate?

Date: January 13, 2011 13:27

Bärs
Keefan
Maybe Keith likes to joke around in a similar fashion, but overly dramatized it in his book?

That might the case. It might also be the case that the new thing in iorr is to make up every possible excuse for attacking Keith from their safe place behind their computers.

Keith has said so many stupid things in his book, never realized what a small man he was.

As for hiding behind computers!? what are we supposed to do, ask Keith for an appointment?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-13 13:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: January 13, 2011 15:08

I think that it's good principle not to write anything about a person on a forum that you wouldn't honestly be prepared to say to the person following normal conversation behaviours. I don't think you would approach Keith and say "If it's true, what a complete @#$%& for doing so! If it ain't true, what a complete @#$%& for making something like that up!". You would probably ask more about the episode *before* you slander him. It's highly unlikely that Keith would seriously threaten fellow band members with the blade to the point where throats are actually cut up. If that was the case we wouldn't have had any members alive in the Stones for decdes.

Date: January 13, 2011 15:21

Pulling a knife on someone is an @#$%& thing to do!

There is no opportunity for normal conversation with Keith and it'd be hard going anyway as you would have to navigate through all the corny one liners.

I don't have any desire to meet him and the book and what it reveals is there to be talked about whether you like it or not.

Posting your thoughts on a forum is not hiding behind a computer. Were this the actions of someone I knew I would say much the same thing, yes even to their face.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-13 15:35 by His Majesty.

Date: January 13, 2011 16:04

I have not been able to read Keith's book. The bullsh*t was just too much, and like many others here I found my love for this guy fading. He has turned into a bitter, very small man. And I just can't fathom why.
Far as pulling a knife: Keith might think he is tough because he has figured out a couple of slick moves with his blade, and more so because he has bodyguards and lawyers who will do any kind of real work for him. You set Keith down in the hood, looking for his dope, and watch him pull his little blade out; see what happens. I'm sorry - this kind of sh*t really pisses me off: pulling a weapon on someone is serious.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 13, 2011 16:22

pulling a knife to make a point (no pun intended) is juvenile....any way
you slice it (no pun intended), it shows an insecure person that can't
communicate. no one around him will tell him how foolish he looks
because they want to stay employed.

from the stories we've heard and read, he's not joking.
not that he would actually use it...but he's attempting (obviously)
to intimidate people with it.....like a street thug.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 13, 2011 16:49

OK, I still haven't read the book, but I get the impression that Keith brags about "showing the blade" on many occasions.

Seriously, Keith might have pulled a knife on a couple of occasions, but don't you think he might be using this phrase (mostly) as a figure of speech?
I mean, how often do you hear someone get really pissed off and say "I'm going to kill that SOB," or whatever?

I'm thinking that Keith is mostly bark and no bite.

Date: January 13, 2011 17:09

Edith Grove
but don't you think he might be using this phrase (mostly) as a figure of speech?

oh...that's normal......................not.

Date: January 13, 2011 17:15

In a real situation, he pulls that thing, he's just going to get laughed at.

Date: January 13, 2011 17:24

Palace Revolution 2000

didn't we read that he pulled it out on a journalist that gave the Stones a poor review?

i suppose if you're alone in a room with an unstable person it could be very intimidating. winking smiley

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: January 13, 2011 17:24

Well, Keith in the books tells stories about going to score drugs with Tony or alone (I can't remember) and he's being shot at, running in the dark for his life and kicking guys, so he fancies himself a real street type tough guy.

Date: January 13, 2011 17:28

His Majesty

...not really a 'fan' then, are you HM?!
(Only joking, mate... Well, mostly anyway. winking smiley )

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Date: January 13, 2011 17:34

...Apart from the constant blade waving, can we discuss how juvenile it actually is to shoot a big hole in the floor because the people in your room won't leave even though you ask the too??

Very, VERY juvenile, me thinks...
I'd really, REALLY like to hear your comments on that.

Really, I do.

Oh yesss....

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 13, 2011 17:40

sweet neo con
Palace Revolution 2000

didn't we read that he pulled it out on a journalist that gave the Stones a poor review?

i suppose if you're alone in a room with an unstable person it could be very intimidating. winking smiley
Well he says in the book that he threw the knife at a record company executive who was trying to tell him how to play a song better. Of course it landed right between the guys legs. According to Keith. Then Mick had to sooth things out with the guy.

Date: January 13, 2011 17:50

MississippiBullfrog
His Majesty

...not really a 'fan' then, are you HM?!
(Only joking, mate... Well, mostly anyway. winking smiley )

I'm a fan of the music of The Rolling Stones 1963 - 1969, they all seem to kinda suck big time as people.

They're a fascinating bunch all the same.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 13, 2011 18:07

His Majesty
They're a fascinating bunch all the same.

Asbotulely, no bout adoubt it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home