Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rolling Stones in Mönchengladbach 2011 ????
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:57

What I find kind of funny is that their 1997 gig in Buffalo was thought of as an embarrassing disaster as they played to a half-full stadium...(it's a near 80,000 seat stadium). So the crowd was 35,000-40,000. Compared to most dates now, in the US and Europe, that would have been a pretty big crowd.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 11, 2011 23:23

missed--one grosse wiese--Arnsberg--Neheim hüsten----13000

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 11, 2011 23:23

basti
05) Münster - Münsterlandhalle
Besides I can imagine it in Münster to play, because they gave 1965 your first concert in Germany there

So that is where that cheese comes from. I was at the deli a couple days ago and was going to buy some. Not sure what type of meat it works well with for sandwiches.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: January 12, 2011 00:42

Nope, Munster cheese is from Munster, France...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 12, 2011 01:06

basti

I'm a member from Borussia Mönchengladbach.
At the moment we have a bad Time. We are on place 18 from 18 in the German Bundesliga, but we have 10 hurt (verletzte) players in our defence.

So, I hope we win some games and Cologne goes in the second Bundesliga smiling smiley

We have a great history, great Players and many many historic Games !

12:0 Borussia Dortmund 1978 (German Record) 11:0 Schalke 04 or in Europe 7:1 Inter Mailand or 4:0 Real Madrid

Hi basti,
I´m not a member of Borussia M`gladbach but watching the games quite regularly since 1972.
The defence is one reason ( they started this season with exactly the same defence line-up
as last season knowing that they got the most goals...during this season you´re correct,many were hurt or sent off with red cards...) for their poor performance so far.

Mentioning the 7:1 against Inter in October 1971 is just half the truth as it was annulated by the UEFA because Inter player Bonisegna got hit by an empty tin pretending to be unable to continue the match then...
Inter beat Borussia 4:2 ,the postponed rematch in Berlin ended 0:0,Borussia went out.

In November 85 Borussia beat Real Madrid 5:1 when losing the rematch in Madrid 0:4
with Borussia been dropped out again.

Maybe one could say winning the UEFA Cup in 1975 with a fantastic 5:1 victory in Enschede after a 0:0 in the first match has been club´s finest moment...

Date: January 12, 2011 17:47

buffalo7478
What I find kind of funny is that their 1997 gig in Buffalo was thought of as an embarrassing disaster as they played to a half-full stadium...(it's a near 80,000 seat stadium). So the crowd was 35,000-40,000. Compared to most dates now, in the US and Europe, that would have been a pretty big crowd.

I was standing next to the B-stage at the 1997 show in Buffalo and I will say this, I thought the band sounded great, the songs were fluid and mixed perfectly. Most importantly, I really enjoyed the setlist. (Since I was quite wired it sounded even better.)

But to your point, you are correct. Booking the show on a Tuesday didn't help things but it was a beautiful warm October evening. I was able to buy 10 tickets on the floor of the stadium with no problem days before the show.

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: January 12, 2011 23:50

Since this thread is going OT really fast, let's make this clarification about cheese:

There is white French Munster cheese from the town of Munster in the "Vosges" in Lothringen (which until 1918 was German).

There is American Muenster cheese which is yellow/orange.

You can look it up on wiki.

PS: I don't believe the Stones will do Europe in 2011, surely not Moenchengladbach - that would be ridiculous, maybe Berlin, Munich or Frankfurt ...

PPS: I'm a German

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 13, 2011 00:45

Back on topic. If the name of the city is too hard to pronounce,then the Stones shouldn't play there.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 13, 2011 01:07

Forget about "Mönchen",just nail a sheet on the stagefloor with "Gladbach",
I´m sure Jagger will be able to read...smoking smiley

Date: January 13, 2011 01:14

sweetcharmedlife
Back on topic. If the name of the city is too hard to pronounce,then the Stones shouldn't play there.winking smiley

Yeah, like San Jose, or is San Josie confused smiley

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: January 13, 2011 02:19

They need to shorten a lot of those names. Two or three syllables is plenty.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 13, 2011 02:28

shortfatfanny
Forget about "Mönchen",just nail a sheet on the stagefloor with "Gladbach",
I´m sure Jagger will be able to read...smoking smiley
I'd be Glad to have them bach anywhere.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 13, 2011 02:33

sweetcharmedlife

Thats Edinburgh and Glasgow well and truly f***ed for any American bands, then!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 13, 2011 06:38

wolfi
PS: I don't believe the Stones will do Europe in 2011, surely not Moenchengladbach - that would be ridiculous, maybe Berlin, Munich or Frankfurt ...

Why not, on the last tour they did "never played cities before", so they could continue the idea.
I don't think this tour will be a matter of "breaking earning records" / "biggest grossing tour" (will be U2 after 2011), but more a matter of playing smaller areas and new towns.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 13, 2011 06:52

Havo
you dont know the football-team of borussia mönchengladbach? Bundesliga! their stadium is just next the warsteiner hockey-arena

Now, how could any of us not known that?moody smiley

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: January 13, 2011 08:02

Does anyone think they'll ever play Hawaii again? Last time was 1965 and 1973 I think (if you don't count the private concert at Aloha Stadium in like 1998). I'd hate to have to pay crazy prices for a plane to California to see them.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 13, 2011 09:23

akgameboy
if you don't count the private concert at Aloha Stadium in like 1998.

They played two shows at Aloha Stadium in 1998, and neither of them were private shows.
They did, however, play a private show for Pepsi in Kona a few days before.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home