Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones - live covers - any preferences ?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 6, 2011 23:36

Here's mine ----- Humble Pie covered the Stones plenty of times live, I'd love them to repay the compliment and do this staple from Humble Pie's setlist (even though it was written by N Ashford/V Simpson/J Armstead); Ex.

I don't need no doctor........

I'm sure Mick & Lisa et al could do this justice between them.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-16 20:08 by EddieByword.

Re: Stones - live covers - any preferences ?
Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: January 11, 2011 16:24

"She Caught the Katy" by Taj Mahal. This was more famously sung by The Blues Brothers Band.

Taj Mahal's version from 1968 ("Corinna" - a song he performed with the Stones on the Bridges to Babylon tour - is also on the same LP that is Natch'l Blues)

~Ben

Date: January 16, 2011 20:01

BrianJones1969
"She Caught the Katy" by Taj Mahal. This was more famously sung by The Blues Brothers Band.

Taj Mahal's version from 1968 ("Corinna" - a song he performed with the Stones on the Bridges to Babylon tour - is also on the same LP that is Natch'l Blues)

~Ben
That would definitely suit Mick with all that harmonica - Ex

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 16, 2011 20:13

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 16, 2011 20:38

I would like to see The Stones do "American Women" by the Canadian band The Guess Who.Both Jimmi Hendrix and Lenny Kravitz cover of it is brilliant.

Date: January 16, 2011 21:17

colonial
I would like to see The Stones do "American Women" by the Canadian band The Guess Who.Both Jimmi Hendrix and Lenny Kravitz cover of it is brilliant.
There you go Colonial....not the Stones but still quite entertaining all the same..............

American woman

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 16, 2011 22:22

colonial

So is the Butthole Surfers' version of it...probably not for everyone, but I like it a lot.

Here's Otis Redding doing Satisfaction:

I think this influenced the way the Stones started playing Satisfaction for a while...the version on the Live at Leeds bootleg from 1971 sounds influenced by Otis' version, with the horns and all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-16 22:27 by Keefan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home