Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 41
OT: NFL 2012
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 5, 2012 20:20

The 2012-13 season has begun...

Weekly schedule

NFL Standings

What games are being shown (or blacked out), at what time,
on what network, and who are the commentators... in your area?

Scores and odds of games (shows up on day of the game)

If there is an info link relevant to the NFL you would like to share/suggest, please do.

Edited 16 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-23 20:45 by bv.

Re: ot- NFL 2012
Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:16

The other day, a buddy and I were discussing teams we really dislike. The list includes the Patriots, Cowboys, Saints, Packers, Eagles and Jets. Good teams with idiotic coaches and/or owners. The Packers are a new addition this year and are there because of their players.

Which teams do you not like?

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:20

gimmelittledrink
The other day, a buddy and I were discussing teams we really dislike. The list includes the Patriots, Cowboys, Saints, Packers, Eagles and Jets. Good teams with idiotic coaches and/or owners. The Packers are a new addition this year and are there because of their players.

Which teams do you not like?
I don't follow your logic. You say the teams you dislike are "good teams with idiotic coaches/owners". How can teams be good if the management and ownership of the teams are "idiotic"? usually to be good year after year, like the Patriots, you have to be very smart.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:43

The Saints' owner is an idiot, except when it comes to making money.

For years, I think Benson was too involved in micro-managing the team, but finally relented and let the pros do their job.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:45

Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs.

Date: September 5, 2012 21:57

[[/color]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-06 03:06 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 5, 2012 22:03

Edith Grove

For years, I think Benson was too involved in micro-managing the team, but finally relented and let the pros do their job.

At least they won you a Super Bowl recently...

It will be interesting to see how things go for the Saints this year, I dont think a team has ever been in a situation like this before.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:14

Should be an interesting season with about ten teams that can theoretically win it all. Some interesting things to watch for;

-Will Andrew Luck take the NFL by storm or will he start his NFL Career like Peyton Manning throwing more pics than touchdowns?

-Will Peyton Manning have a big comeback year?

-Will Plaxico Burress return to form and vault the Patriots to a superbowl win (I hope not).

-Will The Jets be as bad as they looked during pre season and will Sanchez be so inept that he is replaced by Tim Tebow?

-Are the 49ers for real?

Date: September 5, 2012 22:17

FrankM
Should be an interesting season with about ten teams that can theoretically win it all. Some interesting things to watch for;

-Will Andrew Luck take the NFL by storm or will he start his NFL Career like Peyton Manning throwing more pics than touchdowns?

-Will Plaxico Burress return to form and vault the Patriots to a superbowl win (I hope not).

-Will The Jets be as bad as they looked during pre season and will Sanchez be so inept that he is replaced by Tim Tebow?

-Are the 49ers for real?

GREAT QUESTIONS!!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:22

Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

Yes, just a couple of years after Benson let his coaches & managers do their jobs.

Date: September 5, 2012 23:35

FrankM

-Are the 49ers for real?
umm did i miss something? plaxico does not play for the patriots

Date: September 5, 2012 23:39

[www.nfl.com]
Plaxico Burress still believes a team will sign him

By Dan Hanzus
Writer
Published: Sept. 2, 2012 at 03:57 p.m.
Updated: Sept. 2, 2012 at 05:08 p.m

The phone isn't ringing for Plaxico Burress.

The longtime NFL wide receiver sits at home in New Jersey, three days from the start of the regular season, with no team to call his own.

Burress is disappointed, no doubt. But this is the same man who also spent nearly two years in prison on a gun charge. This is nothing.

"I'm a human being and have been through worse," Burress told the New York Daily News on Saturday. "I've been in darker places. I'm alive, I'm home here with my family. If I don't play football again, I have a nice shiny piece of hardware to show for it. If it is over, football has been wonderful to me. If I don't play anymore, it won't be because I can't play anymore or can't get open."

Date: September 5, 2012 23:43

Max'sKansasCity
[www.nfl.com]
Plaxico Burress still believes a team will sign him

By Dan Hanzus
Writer
Published: Sept. 2, 2012 at 03:57 p.m.
Updated: Sept. 2, 2012 at 05:08 p.m

The phone isn't ringing for Plaxico Burress.

The longtime NFL wide receiver sits at home in New Jersey, three days from the start of the regular season, with no team to call his own.

Burress is disappointed, no doubt. But this is the same man who also spent nearly two years in prison on a gun charge. This is nothing.

"I'm a human being and have been through worse," Burress told the New York Daily News on Saturday. "I've been in darker places. I'm alive, I'm home here with my family. If I don't play football again, I have a nice shiny piece of hardware to show for it. If it is over, football has been wonderful to me. If I don't play anymore, it won't be because I can't play anymore or can't get open."

so i didn't miss anything. right now he isn't on a team and i don't see the patriots getting him. they have too many receivers/tight ends already.

Date: September 6, 2012 00:18

Sorry if I teased any Patriots fans. I thought I heard Burress signed with them but apparently they just worked him out and passed on him. He's only 35- not really young but he should have one or two good years left in him. The Broncos should pick him up. Manning needs some receivers.

Date: September 6, 2012 01:17

FrankM
Sorry if I teased any Patriots fans. I thought I heard Burress signed with them but apparently they just worked him out and passed on him. He's only 35- not really young but he should have one or two good years left in him. The Broncos should pick him up. Manning needs some receivers.

i still don't know why the jets let him go

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 6, 2012 01:28

keefriffhard4life
FrankM

He kept setting off the metal detectors

Date: September 6, 2012 01:41

keefriffhard4life
FrankM

It didn't make sense to me either. It's not like the Jets have a stockpile of good receivers. The only good receiver is Santonio Holmes and he only tries half the time.

Date: September 6, 2012 02:09

LOL, makes us almost not miss ST grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 6, 2012 02:43

Max'sKansasCity

Peace...he is not dead

However, I thought that comment was more ROCKMAN like...

Date: September 6, 2012 02:55

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity

Peace...he is not dead

However, I thought that comment was more ROCKMAN like...

ah

Date: September 6, 2012 02:58

8:30 PM EDT RIGHT NOW!
DALLAS COWBOYS +4
at NEW YORK GIANTS -4
TV: NBC
PARTLY CLOUDY, NORTHWEST WIND 7-12
KICKOFF TEMP 81

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-06 02:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 6, 2012 03:22

FrankM
keefriffhard4life
FrankM

It didn't make sense to me either. It's not like the Jets have a stockpile of good receivers. The only good receiver is Santonio Holmes and he only tries half the time.

the jets also have jeremy kerley who is really good.they picked up chaz schilens but he is injury prone and drafted stephen hill. i guess they thought that was good enough but i don't think it is. the jets have a pretty soft schedule and can easily win 6-7 games almost on defense alone. if the jets can create holes on offense for the running backs i think they will make the passing game easier as long as they protect sanchez and not let him get sacked 39 times again like last year

Date: September 6, 2012 04:02

Replacement refs? Damn it NFL, fix this!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-06 04:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 6, 2012 06:34

How bout those Cowboys...

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 6, 2012 06:35

Seattle Seahawks and the 12th man baby!!!

"In Wilson We Trust"

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 6, 2012 06:44

That was a beautiful thing that just happened at MetLife Stadium!! I love to see the Giants go down!!!

Date: September 6, 2012 06:56

Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

It will be interesting to see how things go for the Saints this year, I dont think a team has ever been in a situation like this before.

There is no thinking about it, it's a fact: no team has ever been in that kind of situation before.

Date: September 6, 2012 06:57

FrankM

I don't recall Peyton Manning throwing pictures around in his first year. Where did you get that "information"?

Date: September 6, 2012 07:01

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

There is no thinking about it, it's a fact: no team has ever been in that kind of situation before.

Even when I know... I have started to add the "think"/"might"/"maybe" to posts TO TRY TO avoid people who love nothing more than to crash into thread and nitpick my posts.

Date: September 6, 2012 07:02

BTW-Fun fact... the guy on the news just said that this was the 1st NFL game to be played on a Wednesady since 1945.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home