Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Star Star '97
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 11, 2013 06:13

I had never heard the BTB version of this song until just now . I came across this on YT. Its not the best mix, but Keith sounds good. After the Bridge Mick really gets into the song. the end is maybe a little shaky but the energy is good.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-11 06:23 by ryanpow.

Re: Star Star '97
Date: March 11, 2013 10:11

Thanks for posting! That echo is a little hard to get used to, but great anyway smiling smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 11, 2013 11:12

Mick striding here.. striding there... in his deep sea diving boots singing an half-arsed vocal whilst doing his quashimodo impersonation.

This is the reason I don't like Shine A Light.

I'm not loving it.

(The bingo caller jacket is a cherry on the cake).

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:31

"Star, Star" was also the web pick for the Texas Motor Speedway show. It was the first time I ever heard the song. Somebody around here uploaded the bootleg for me, called "Danger! Keep Behind Barbed Wire", which is pretty decent sounding and has a better version of Star, Star on it since it's soundboard. Of course there may be a better sounding version of the Oakland show on a bootleg too.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 11, 2013 13:02

Haha, yeah, I saw 'em in Gothenburg '98 playing "Starfvcker" as the web choice. I remember being a little disappointed, having hoped for She's A Rainbow. I hadn't learned to appreciate Star Star that much at that time.

1997 ... that's when a "web site" was the hippest thing on earth.

Btw, those long coats sure don't feel like the hippest thing on earth today.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 11, 2013 13:33

LieB
Haha, yeah, I saw 'em in Gothenburg '98 playing "Starfvcker" as the web choice. I remember being a little disappointed, having hoped for She's A Rainbow. I hadn't learned to appreciate Star Star that much at that time.

1997 ... that's when a "web site" was the hippest thing on earth.

Btw, those long coats sure don't feel like the hippest thing on earth today.

My first show was in Gothenburg back in 98. Fantastic version of @#$%& with Ronnie singing like back in the old days.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 11, 2013 13:44

Mick @ 3.22

What?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 11, 2013 15:52

GravityBoy

(The bingo caller jacket is a cherry on the cake).

That's his Out Of Control Jacket, which I believe was the song just before the web choice on that tour. Looks like he leaves it on for most of Star Star , maybe it was cold out.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 11, 2013 16:43

Oakland 1997....Pearl Jam opened those shows...Dangerous move for the Stones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home