Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T. (kind of): Merry Clayton-sounding vocalist on Jools Holland
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 26, 2013 05:20

The other night I was watching Later with Jools Holland, because I noticed that Duffy would be performing. Well, in my opinion, she was almost embarrassing. She really does sound like she has inhaled helium prior to singing. And, she stands like a statue while singing.

So, I left the TV on and was working at the computer when I heard some vocals that reminded me of Merry Clayton on Gimme Shelter. I looked to see who it was. It was a band called Heaven 17. Many of you may be familiar with them but I had never heard of them. THe vocalist was Billie Godfrey, and they sang a song called Temptation. She just took over the stage and belted out some unbelievable vocals, with great range and power. (She is also a very attractive woman!). She owned the song and the stage. I was really blown away.

Are any of you familiar with her? If so, what is your opinion? You can view her performance from Later on youtube. I thought she was amazing.

Re: O.T. (kind of): Merry Clayton-sounding vocalist on Jools Holland
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 26, 2013 06:12

Re: O.T. (kind of): Merry Clayton-sounding vocalist on Jools Holland
Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: February 26, 2013 07:00

WOW...I like it!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home