Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Gerard Sparaco of Collectors Music Review
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 25, 2013 03:42

I heard sad news the other day that the founder of the Collectors Music Review passed a way this past week.

Personally I found that website invaluable in helping me decide which bootlegs to spend my hard earned money on and Gerard will be sorely missed in the collecting community.

RIP my friend and thank you for all your hard work over the years keeping the flame of our hobby alive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 03:54 by oldschool.

Re: OT: RIP Gerard Sparaco of Collectors Music Review
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 25, 2013 05:06

I was thinking of posting on here re Gerard's passing but you beat me to it, oldschool. I never met Gerard but felt I got to know him through his insightful and passionate writing about our shared hobby. I'm really saddened by this. R.I.P. indeed, Gerard, and thanks for all the time and enthusiasm you contributed to the music. My thoughts are with your loved ones at this time.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: February 25, 2013 13:41

Very sad news indeed. Any additional information on this? I didn't believe he was that old.

I have gone to the CMR website too many times to be easily counted. The reviews have been extremely helpful in my decisions as to whether to purchase a new RS release, especially releases from the 1969 American Tour (the 3CD Broadway, one of the Altamont releases that came with a DVD, and a third release that contained a CD of the RS's opening acts come immediately to mind).

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 25, 2013 19:00

He was only 46 or 47 I believe but he had a heart condition. He had a heart attack several years ago and evidently it was his heart again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1292
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home