Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Film: Twenty Feet from Stardom (Merry Clayton and Lisa Fischer together at Sundance)
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: January 22, 2013 06:30

Two Voices of the Rolling Stones Meet for the First Time at Sundance

[www.billboard.com]

Darlene Love, Tata Vega, Merry Clayton, Judith Hill and Lisa Fischer

The film's other key subjects, Claudia Lennear, Gloria Jones, Janice Pendarvis and
the Waters Family, did not travel to Sundance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-22 06:31 by superrevvy.

Re: Film: Twenty Feet from Stardom (Merry Clayton and Lisa Fischer together at Sundance)
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 18, 2013 02:06

[www.rollingstone.com]
I met Lisa Fisher once in 2005 after a Rolling Stones show in DC and she was very gracious and friendly; she's cool. For her I'll try to catch that movie but also because backup singers help make great songs become outstanding songs.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Re: Film: Twenty Feet from Stardom (Merry Clayton and Lisa Fischer together at Sundance)
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 18, 2013 03:04

This may sound very harsh but Lisa has gone from a babe to a mam in a relatively short amount of time. Unfortunately, I think.

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: February 18, 2013 03:26

Does anyone know, what this film is all about? Backstage singing?

Lisa Fischer is a gem and an indeliable element of today´s Stones music. I like her as "mam" at least as much as when she was a "Babe".

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 18, 2013 04:41

Lisa Fisher does appear to have put on a significant amount of weight in the past 6 - 7 years. I hope she is healthy and can continue to perform for many years to come. I am looking forward to this film.

Date: February 18, 2013 05:58

didn't merry sue the stones and win a settlement for gimmie shelter?

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 18, 2013 06:01

I saw Whoopi Goldberg's "Made in America" last month.
Soundtrack includes "Colors of Love" sung by Lisa. I like it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home