Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is Anything Going to Happen Or Is This It?
Posted by: paulm ()
Date: February 15, 2013 03:14

Just curious.

Re: Is Anything Going to Happen Or Is This It?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 15, 2013 03:22

patience, little grasshopper.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 15, 2013 03:36

As much of a cynical ass as I've been here, I honestly don't think they're finished. I'm not convinved that we'll get a Bigger Bang type tour, and a new album - no way. But more of what they did last year concert-wise... it does make sense.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 15, 2013 03:55

James I am impressed by your humility and honesty.

I also agree there will be more. I would not be surprised if a new album came out, or if another deluxe edition of something. If they are in North America this summer, and tickets are not as expensive as the 50th shows, I will be there.

Date: February 15, 2013 04:19

A lot is going to happen! Just keep your eyes and ears wide open. Shouldn't be long before we hear the beat of the distant drums. And I am not talking about those drummers in the gorilla masks, although they are always welcome at any Stones show from my point of view - very dramatic.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2013 04:21

whitem8

I also agree there will be more. I would not be surprised if a new album came out, or if another deluxe edition of something. If they are in North America this summer, and tickets are not as expensive as the 50th shows, I will be there.

That's nice of you to say but you should know it's just that he's back on his meds.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 15, 2013 04:21

the fact that their lazy asses are having a meeting next month means they're currently jerking around and not recording

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2013 04:25

Send It To me
the fact that their lazy asses are having a meeting next month means they're currently jerking around and not recording

Well, at least they're doing something!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 15, 2013 04:30

If they're not going to do anything, another Mick Jagger solo album and / or SuperHeavy album will work for me. thumbs up

Date: February 15, 2013 04:36

Send It To me

My guess is that Mick and Keith have been working on new songs since the first of the year - probably separately, but you never know. It will all come together in the spring.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 15, 2013 06:33

JumpinJackOLantern
Send It To me

My guess is that Mick and Keith have been working on new songs since the first of the year - probably separately, but you never know. It will all come together in the spring.
smileys with beer

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: February 15, 2013 06:35

uhbuhgullayew

If they're not going to do anything, another Mick Jagger solo album and / or SuperHeavy album will work for me. thumbs up
Could the title of the upcoming tour...

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: February 16, 2013 22:23

JumpinJackOLantern
Send It To me

"all come together in the spring"...ok...I'm thinking not so much, but hope springs eternal. The topic of my thread was facetious, in that I'm thinking this thing is dead in the water.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 16, 2013 23:30

The silence is when the plans are being made. Then they string you along a bit before suddenly appearing with news. Although they might tour, don't you think we're a little spoiled? Without Taylor and/or Wyman present, it's kind of anti-climatic. I'm that excited at seeing the same four with Daryll, Chuck and the same old backup singers.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 16, 2013 23:49

Who cares? Are they really a band anymore? They released their last real album eight years ago (two albums in sixteen years). And they have played five gigs the last five years.
They seem to value other things in life. Like many other millionaires. Who can blame them?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 16, 2013 23:53

Waiting for all the 50th anniversary of Altamont activities in 2019. Only six years away, be patient.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 17, 2013 00:02

treaclefingers
whitem8

That's nice of you to say but you should know it's just that he's back on his meds.

Actually it was the leftover Chinese food.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 17, 2013 04:10

Stoneage
Who cares? Are they really a band anymore? They released their last real album eight years ago (two albums in sixteen years). And they have played five gigs the last five years.
They seem to value other things in life. Like many other millionaires. Who can blame them?

Who cares? Hundreds of thousands, that's who!

Date: February 17, 2013 06:27

71Tele
Waiting for all the 50th anniversary of Altamont activities in 2019. Only six years away, be patient.

Admit it, the 50th anniversary was bigger than you ever imagined! You whined and cried, but in the end they delivered some magnificent performances. Don't ever sell these guys short! They may just hit 55, maybe even 60!

Date: February 17, 2013 06:31

24FPS
The silence is when the plans are being made. Then they string you along a bit before suddenly appearing with news. Although they might tour, don't you think we're a little spoiled? Without Taylor and/or Wyman present, it's kind of anti-climatic. I'm that excited at seeing the same four with Daryll, Chuck and the same old backup singers.

Exactly. Tease and please. Glad to see that some are actually beginning to understand how their Rolling Stones operate.

Date: February 17, 2013 06:37

DoomandGloom
JumpinJackOLantern
Send It To me

smileys with beer

Beware, 'The Ides of March'!

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: February 17, 2013 09:38

I think we should let them retire where they are (a couple of notches behind the Beatles).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home