Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Some suggestions for forum harmony--please read and contribute
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 30, 2010 21:48

Erik_Snow
How about just removing the "post message"-button ? Would save both BV and us for a lot of hassle.

thumbs up

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 30, 2010 21:58

;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-30 22:00 by SwayStones.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 30, 2010 22:03

Can't we all get along?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 30, 2010 22:04

Just for the information: It is very important that anyone feel the right to use the following link under every post when needed: "Report This Message"

If you feel offended then this is the link to use. Some people are drunk when they post, some do not care about others, some are pure trolls, some do not have manners, some are looking for a fight, but 99.99% of everyone on IORR are honest hard working fans that care for each other. If you post whyen drunk and regret then there is an "Edit post" option for anyone who posted.

There is really only one rule: Do not offend, and do not run any campaigns. Very simple. I have been running IORR since 1996 and I am old enough in life to see the difference in hard working fans and people who do not have manners. Enjoy IORR and take care. And by the way, there will be a tour soon, so no need to worry!

PS. And for the record, I run IORR for free in my spare time, non-profit. No ads, no income, and every time I have to deal with offending posts it steal an hour or more of my spare time i.e. family life. So it is no pardon and no discussion. I do accept an apology but I can't spend the rest of my life discussing posting policy. I have a life outside IORR as well, and the discussions always go in a circle. Thanks for your understanding.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-30 22:08 by bv.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 30, 2010 22:24

some hard working fans have no manners; and some well-mannered fans don't work at all. i do not see these as mutually exclusive.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 30, 2010 22:35

I heard "tour soon". Certainly that doesn't offend anyone. I'm ready for some fun!!!

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 30, 2010 22:52

bv
Some people are drunk when they post

some !?!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 30, 2010 22:57

I'm as guilty as anyone, with my anti-Grateful Dead tone. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry if I get senseless glee out of returning fire to those who attack me. I try to keep it to a minimum. I roll my eyes when I read people going into a back and forth over politics. A friend of mine is a life long Stones fan who got really miffed at Mick over 'Sweetneocon'.

Happy New Year everyone. Maybe birthday candle wishes don't come true. Maybe it's time to stop assuring ourselves that the next year will be better than the last. But the Rolling Stones make my life worth living, and it's been fun to be on this forum.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 30, 2010 22:57

Duane in Houston
bv
Some people are drunk when they post

some !?!

I think the main problem is that some people actually reads IORR when they're sober.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 30, 2010 23:08

bv
And by the way, there will be a tour soon, so no need to worry!

Do you know it for sure? It's good news if so.
Happy New Year to everybody!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 30, 2010 23:30

Just a matter of interest (If anyone knows), does BV get notified when someone reports a message to him as to who the reporter was ? ie. If I hit the 'report this message' on bv's post grinning smileywinking smileyeye popping smiley would he know it was me ?
also, when you hit the report button do you get to write a message/complaint or does it just set off an alarm in bv's place ? bv ?

...Reading all the posts about this subject it's obvious to me that the problem lies in the subjective nature of the word offend/offensive etc.....ie. The Stones as we all know bought out the track Some Girls in the '70s
1. Some people found the lyrics VERY, VERY offensive.....
2. Some people found them amusing (Including some black girls I know) and thought the Stones brave to release them.....
Here's hypothetical question ...If those lyrics had never been released and then now some unknown IORRian came on and said "Oh, here's a song I wrote"....would they get reported and banned ?

My overall point is that the line between what is considered robust discussion between adults and truly offensive behaviour is not clearly defined,(That much is clear to me at least). This state of affairs can only hinder communication which is all this forum is supposed to be about...am I wrong ?

Last thing, in answer to the request in the title of the thread, " Some suggestions for forum harmony--please".....Maybe the bitches could stop bitching (At every opinion they don't share, and by that I don't mean 'not to disagree') and the snichters could stop snitching* (On every bitcher that's hurts their precious feelings)......Jeeeeeez.....One of the reasons I personally liked the Stones was because I felt they espoused liberal freedom of expression, for what it's worth......

* Just in case of the remote possiblity that someone doesn't know.....borrowed and adapted from Keith Richard's 'Little T & A'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-30 23:43 by EddieByword.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: December 31, 2010 00:20

EddieByword
"...

Last thing, in answer to the request in the title of the thread, " Some suggestions for forum harmony--please".....Maybe the bitches could stop bitching (At every opinion they don't share, and by that I don't mean 'not to disagree') and the snichters could stop snitching* (On every bitcher that's hurts their precious feelings)......Jeeeeeez.....

* Just in case of the remote possiblity that someone doesn't know.....borrowed and adapted from Keith Richard's 'Little T & A'."

+1thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home