Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Out Of Our Heads, US vs. UK versions
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 27, 2010 21:35

I just got my 26-year-old girlfriend the original mono vinyl pressing of Out Of Our Heads for Christmas (hey, the kid loves vinyl and has great taste. She prefers records to an iPod). Anyway, not having this album in my possession for a very long time I read up on it and realized the US and UK versions are significantly different. No doubt London thought it would sell better with the Satisfaction and The Last Time singles. UK version has I'm Free, however, and She Said Yeah. Anyway, I was wondering which version people here prefer and why.

Re: Out Of Our Heads, US vs. UK versions
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 27, 2010 21:43

Only UK releases for me, not that the US are bad but I can't stand an other sequence then I used to

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 27, 2010 21:47

Hmm maybe US version have 'I'm Free'...but I vote for the UK version with classic LP-Frontcover..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 27, 2010 21:48

The USA version because i had I'm Free on Decembers Children...
So get Decembers Children too....ha.. Can't go wrong with both!

Re: Out Of Our Heads, US and UK versions
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 27, 2010 21:51

Come On
Hmm maybe US version have 'I'm Free'...but I vote for the UK version with classic LP-Frontcover..

... just checking to see if anyone's paying attention, Come On?
that's the US cover. the UK cover has that great Gered Mankowitz shot that was also used on December's Children

the US version of OOOH was released before the UK version ... not that that matters.
they're totally different albums and i play both of 'em regularly

Re: Out Of Our Heads, US and UK versions
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 27, 2010 21:58

with sssoul
Come On

... just checking to see if anyone's paying attention, Come On?
that's the US cover. the UK cover has that great Gered Mankowitz shot that was also used on December's Children

the US version of OOOH was released before the UK version ... not that that matters.
they're totally different albums and i play both of 'em regularly

He He..I honestly thought I had the UK version because they are more regular in Europe..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 27, 2010 22:06

71Tele
I just got my 26-year-old girlfriend ...

26-year-old girlfriend? About half of your age, if I'm not wrong. Wow, big difference!

Date: December 27, 2010 22:10

kleermaker
71Tele
I just got my 26-year-old girlfriend ...

26-year-old girlfriend? About half of your age, if I'm not wrong. Wow, big difference!

Guilty as charged, kleermaker. She brings her record player over to my place and puts on John Lee Hooker. Not your normal 26-year-old.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 27, 2010 23:31

She brings her record player over to my place and puts on John Lee Hooker.

.....Get her ta spin Goin' Mad Blues...Too Much Boogie ... I'm Mad Again ... Friggin' tuff records

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 28, 2010 00:35

71 Tele is obvsiously proud - otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned her age - randy old git! >grinning smiley< winking smiley

Date: December 28, 2010 01:44

Big Al
71 Tele is obvsiously proud - otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned her age - randy old git! >grinning smiley< winking smiley

I mentioned her age because I was proud to turn a member of the younger generation on to this very old album. But as for "randy old git", I plead guilty, though that might fall under the "too much information" category.

Date: December 28, 2010 01:44

Rockman
She brings her record player over to my place and puts on John Lee Hooker.

.....Get her ta spin Goin' Mad Blues...Too Much Boogie ... I'm Mad Again ... Friggin' tuff records

Are these LP titles you mention, Rockman?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:50

71Tele
I mentioned her age because I was proud to turn a member of the younger generation on to this very old album. But as for "randy old git", I plead guilty, though that might fall under the "too much information" category.

Hee, hee... well, I was only having a joke. Have a happy new year, 71Tele!

PS: as a 27-year-old, I can also appreciate a 20-something female with impecible taste in music. >grinning smiley<

Date: December 28, 2010 01:53

Big Al
71Tele

Hee, hee... well, I was only having a joke. Have a happy new year, 71Tele!

PS: as a 27-year-old, I can also appreciate a 20-something female with impecible taste in music. >grinning smiley<

Actually, this lady has exquisite taste in music. Prefers Howling Wolf to Radiohead, and Bob Dylan to hip-hop. Quite unusual for that age. Happy New Year to you, Al.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:57

No just classic hard Hooker tracks ..... Spin 'em man but don't expect a relaxing evening....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 28, 2010 03:04

The US version is essential for "One More Try", right? I don't think it's on any UK album.

Date: December 28, 2010 03:39

Rockman

No just classic hard Hooker tracks ..... Spin 'em man but don't expect a relaxing evening....

You got it! I'll report back.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 28, 2010 09:49

71Tele, I'm 26. Could you ask your girlfriend if she has any friends with her same musical tastes?

Thanks.

Date: December 28, 2010 16:01

Plus do you think she would really cares which album you got her? I think she seems to just want to make you HAPPY.
Get whatever album you like and then take her out for dinner....She will like that more! (you both will.) haha..

Date: December 29, 2010 01:09

Justin
71Tele, I'm 26. Could you ask your girlfriend if she has any friends with her same musical tastes?

Thanks.

I'll ask. You never know.

Date: December 29, 2010 01:11

hot stuff
Plus do you think she would really cares which album you got her? I think she seems to just want to make you HAPPY.
Get whatever album you like and then take her out for dinner....She will like that more! (you both will.) haha..

You don't know her. Music is very important, and her opinions are honest. Can't get her to try Springsteen, for example.

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: December 29, 2010 03:28

Personally, myself I prefer the US version of this album ... it was my very 1st Stones record, getting it shortly after seeing them on Shindig (what memories grinning smiley) The line up on this album is the one I'm used to ...

But now, for Aftermath, I prefer the UK version HANDS DOWN.
-----------------------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 29, 2010 20:43

the US album was released first so i consider it the real version

Date: December 29, 2010 21:32

71TELE, Very true i don't know her and you're very lucky if she feels that strong about her music..A cool Stones girl...
You are indeed a very very lucky man and i'm very jealous.....

Date: December 30, 2010 01:32

hot stuff
71TELE, Very true i don't know her and you're very lucky if she feels that strong about her music..A cool Stones girl...
You are indeed a very very lucky man and i'm very jealous.....

She certainly wants to make me happy, but she only likes what she likes. Fortunately it is usually stuff I like too. That Stones LP was a real find. Fun to turn someone from the "younger generation" onto the Stones.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 30, 2010 10:54

the younger generation is waking up to the fact that most of today's music is assembly line junk

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: December 30, 2010 14:45

I think its all down to which one you heard back in the day.In the 60"s I was raised on the English albums (the singles were usually exports)so These are the ones I prefer.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 30, 2010 21:24

Most of the time I prefer the UK versions but in this one I like the S version better

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home