Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Question: what was RS experience with LSD
Posted by: Des ()
Date: January 9, 2013 02:21

You hear of their trials and tribulations around herion, what do the books and interviews have to say about any LSD experiences, or their thoughts on it.

It seems to me herion is and was quite the under the table drug while LSD was better recieved.The Beatles were quite open about it, praised it and even declared they were manufacturing it, the Greatfull Dead quit for 10 years after Altamont.

Any buffs out there with any info?

Re: Question: what was RS experience with LSD
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 9, 2013 02:32

I'm sure if I jumped on the ceiling I could walk on it.

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: January 9, 2013 02:41

Beatles declared they were manufacturing LSD? Never heard that one..... When was that? After redlands bust?!?

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:00

Des
You hear of their trials and tribulations around herion, what do the books and interviews have to say about any LSD experiences, or their thoughts on it.

It seems to me herion is and was quite the under the table drug while LSD was better recieved.The Beatles were quite open about it, praised it and even declared they were manufacturing it, the Greatfull Dead quit for 10 years after Altamont.

Any buffs out there with any info?

Huh? Are you saying the Grateful Dead quit acid for 10 years after Altamont (i.e., the decade known as the 1970s)?

You on something yourself, Des? smoking smiley

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:11

Des
The Beatles were quite open about it, praised it and even declared they were manufacturing it

Wow, the Beatles sure were talented. How did they find the time to become experienced chemists in between gigs?

Anyway, I think I read just yesterday in another thread (the Keith '71 Rolling Stone mag interview) that Mick's first time trying it was the Redlands bust and that Brian had been the first to try it.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-09 05:12 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: January 9, 2013 03:26

WWMMMS
What would Mr Macay say?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:41

Just got a magazine called Shindig with the Stones on the cover, all about LSD's influence on their music.

Here is a link to the cover of the magazine.

[www.shindig-magazine.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:06

Mick.. milk and LSD ... just didn't mix

ROCKMAN

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:06

One word: Gomper

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:12

Tried it once when I was young and stupid...never again.

Date: January 9, 2013 04:21

Yeah .... so what albums did ya groove-out ta bloomer?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:23

Side three of Electric Ladyland.

I was young and groooovy!

Oh,and this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-09 04:29 by andrewt.

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:31

I tried it, liked it, and got tired of it real quick

Date: January 9, 2013 04:35

Rockman
Yeah .... so what albums did ya groove-out ta bloomer?????

Dont recall any albums, about the only thing I remember is walking along the bay..definitely didn't have any milk though.

Guess I wasn't as grooovy as you, andrewt.

Date: January 9, 2013 04:36

Let It Bleed and then for da girls Astral Weeks

ROCKMAN

Date: January 9, 2013 04:37

Date: January 9, 2013 04:41

cookwazzahoe
I tried it, liked it, and got tired of it real quick

tee hee, well this is turning into a fun thread...yeah, I liked it too. That's why I never tried it again.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:51

Max'sKansasCity

Wasn't tripping before but after listening to this, I certainly am now!eye popping smiley

Date: January 9, 2013 04:59

2000 LYFH
Max'sKansasCity

Wasn't tripping before but after listening to this, I certainly am now!eye popping smiley
exactly smiling bouncing smileyhot smiley tongue sticking out smiley(: P)

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 9, 2013 05:00

andrewt
Side three of Electric Ladyland.

I was young and groooovy!

Oh,and this

Far out Man - Actually liked it, cool organ and that 60's guitar sound, love it...

Date: January 9, 2013 05:04

pink floyd meddle seems to work pretty good too... I heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-09 05:09 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 9, 2013 05:05

I read somewhere that The Stones front line dropped acid before a show as late as 1977. One of those many Stones books/bios, so probably not that reliable.

The trouble with LSD is that it's laboratory synthesized and the paper it's blotted on may contain chemicals that can lead to bad trips [like the "brown acid" at Woodstock '69]. Unlike our 60s forbearers, we often don't have access to the pure liquid form they used to put in sugar cubes.

Mushrooms are the best because (1) they're completely natural and leave your system quickly and cleanly and (2) anyone can grow them at home. There's this counter culture book company located in the U.S. Pacific Northwest that sells mushroom grow kits by mail that come complete with spoors, "kowanite", and grow tank. For just $130USD and 3 easy steps over 3 months you can grow dozens of the little devils with no worries.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 08:48

I am an avid reader and collector of The Beatles, and never have I come across in interviews, or writing that The Beatles manufactured acid. That is ridiculous. George Harrison quit taking acid in the mid 60s after seeing it under a microscope. He turned to meditation.

Acid is now making a bit of a comeback, and also is being used in psychological treatment, as is Ecstasy. There has been some very promising results in treating Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder for returned war vets.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 09:42

Mick Jagger interviewed by Roy Carr in 1977:

ROY CARR: "What effect did acid have on your personality?"

MICK JAGGER: "[laughs] It drove me completely insane. No—I'm joking."

CARR: "You know what I mean, some took the trip like Eric Burdon and..."

JAGGER: "...and never came back. We came back in 1968. It didn't give me permanent brain damage or anything at all like that. I shouldn't really own up to it even now. I took it before it was illegal...well, isn't that what people used to say? Actually, speaking of Burdon, the last time I saw him he kept yelling, `Beer and acid!' at me, which was very peculiar at the time as well. However, I quite enjoyed it...I thought it was lovely."

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 9, 2013 10:16

stonehearted

The trouble with LSD is that it's laboratory synthesized and the paper it's blotted on may contain chemicals that can lead to bad trips [like the "brown acid" at Woodstock '69]. Unlike our 60s forbearers, we often don't have access to the pure liquid form they used to put in sugar cubes.

Mushrooms are the best because (1) they're completely natural and leave your system quickly and cleanly and (2) anyone can grow them at home. There's this counter culture book company located in the U.S. Pacific Northwest that sells mushroom grow kits by mail that come complete with spoors, "kowanite", and grow tank. For just $130USD and 3 easy steps over 3 months you can grow dozens of the little devils with no worries.

As a chemcical engineer I can tell you that to the body there is absolutely no difference between natural chemicals and synthesized chemicals. Vitimine C from an otange is the same vitimine C as can be bought in a pill, and natural dioxins are just as deadly as industrially produced dioxins.

The only positive thing about mushrooms is that levels of hallucinates are low so you are less likely to overdose. But still many occasions of bad trips with mushrooms occur, as a bad trip is mainly caused by the mental stability of the user, and the combination with other drugs like alcohol.

Here in the Netherlands mushrooms are illegal since several accidents happened with tourists. A French girl jumped of a museum, an English guy slaughtered his dog in his van, an American jumped out of the window of his hotel, killing a woman who was sitting at a restaurant downstairs.

Mathijs

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 9, 2013 11:22

I tripped in 1978 for my first Stones show, I remember it well. I went back to the hotel and decorated it with tongues using a black marker, that didn't go so well. In 1969 Apple sent a camera crew to the Woodstock Festival, people thought the Beatles were coming but the crew was there to buy liquid acid which they stashed in their camera lenses for smuggling back to the UK. That may be the origin of The Beatles story. Still it shows the great lengths stars had to go through for their habits.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 9, 2013 11:28

"Up until December 4, 1965 the band members had steered clear of drugs. But that fateful
day in December was a turning point for most of them. Keith Richards, Brian Jones, and Mick
Jagger (alongside poet Allen Ginsberg) attended an acid test organized by the Merry Pranksters,
a group dedicated to introducing others to LSD. Only Mick refrained from participating,
but Jones and Richards quickly became converts. In describing drugs, Richards explained,
'the idea behind it was very pure. Everybody at that point was prepared to use himself as
a laboratory'."

source: 10 Outrageous Things You Didn't Know About The Rolling Stones by Ana Douglas

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 9, 2013 11:41

Never did it but a friend of mine did.

He said him and his mate spend an hour turning a light switch on and off because it was great.

Also, they were walking down the street and a police car drove past, he says it was beautiful rainbow coloured.

He also said it made him anxious on other occassions and that you got after effects for a while.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 9, 2013 16:50

DoomandGloom
I tripped in 1978 for my first Stones show, I remember it well. I went back to the hotel and decorated it with tongues using a black marker, that didn't go so well. In 1969 Apple sent a camera crew to the Woodstock Festival, people thought the Beatles were coming but the crew was there to buy liquid acid which they stashed in their camera lenses for smuggling back to the UK. That may be the origin of The Beatles story. Still it shows the great lengths stars had to go through for their habits.

I went back to the hotel and decorated it with tongues using a black marker, that didn't go so well.

you mean you weren't satisfied with your drawings?

cool smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home