Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Charlie Watts Says Rolling Stones are Done – “No More Tours”
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 1, 2011 22:25

Jah Paul
clapton71
If they can tour after dumping Brian why not go w/out CW?

Why stop with Charlie?? The day may still come where we'll see "Mick Jagger and His Rolling Stones" (or whatever name he can legally use) -- Charlie will have retired, Keith's arthritis will become too much, and Woody...well, Woody just being Woody could certainly end his run with the band someday.

Then we'll have 1988 all over again...Mick with a young band playing all of your Rolling Stone favorites! Hey, it's only one original member and he's 70, but what difference does it make!

The irony of which Mick has always used conveniently but inaccurately that The Rolling Stones will never become The Beach Boys - yet they have. This would take it to that logical step of, what's the term? There's some term that sums it all up but I'm drawing a blank on it now.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 1, 2011 22:53

Regardless, if they have decided to not bother it doesn't surprise me. It does not bother me either way really.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 1, 2011 22:56

skipstone
Jah Paul
clapton71
If they can tour after dumping Brian why not go w/out CW?

Why stop with Charlie?? The day may still come where we'll see "Mick Jagger and His Rolling Stones" (or whatever name he can legally use) -- Charlie will have retired, Keith's arthritis will become too much, and Woody...well, Woody just being Woody could certainly end his run with the band someday.

Then we'll have 1988 all over again...Mick with a young band playing all of your Rolling Stone favorites! Hey, it's only one original member and he's 70, but what difference does it make!

The irony of which Mick has always used conveniently but inaccurately that The Rolling Stones will never become The Beach Boys - yet they have. This would take it to that logical step of, what's the term? There's some term that sums it all up but I'm drawing a blank on it now.

beach boyity

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 2, 2011 00:21

Steve Jordan, Steve Jordan, Steve Jordan yawning smiley))

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 2, 2011 01:50

I love Keith, however, if he could barley hold up in 2006, why would one believe that he is capable of touring? His hands are hammered. Period. Watching the 2006-2007 tour rehearsals with Keith was painful to watch and listen to.
I recall seeing a live Youtube video, and it wasn't Keith playing the ryhthm and it wasn't Ronnie filling in. It was Blondie. Tells me alot. Since when did the fellows need a back up guitarist? Love to see a farewell tour of some kind, but I have my doubts about Keith.Gimme a miracle.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 2, 2011 07:23

It's time for THE ROLLING MENUDO STONES, a revolving guild consisting of Mick Jagger and somewhat post-pubescent boys who look like different Stones at various times.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 2, 2011 15:03

ab
It's time for THE ROLLING MENUDO STONES, a revolving guild consisting of Mick Jagger and somewhat post-pubescent boys who look like different Stones at various times.

lol

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 2, 2011 15:33

Midnight Toker
I love Keith, however, if he could barley hold up in 2006, why would one believe that he is capable of touring? His hands are hammered. Period. Watching the 2006-2007 tour rehearsals with Keith was painful to watch and listen to.
I recall seeing a live Youtube video, and it wasn't Keith playing the ryhthm and it wasn't Ronnie filling in. It was Blondie. Tells me alot. Since when did the fellows need a back up guitarist? Love to see a farewell tour of some kind, but I have my doubts about Keith.Gimme a miracle.

You are right, in 2010 KR said on the television that he did not play for years, so I would be surprised if he would restart. If they can play good shows I am pleased, but a tour with a KR who hardly plays would definetly be the worst of all options.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: January 2, 2011 19:18

I'm more than happy if they open their vaults instead of a new tour!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 2, 2011 20:19

NO KEITH OR CHARLIE = NO STONES.

If either of them can't /don't want to tour.......it's OVER.

scuk

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 2, 2011 20:33

straycatuk
NO KEITH OR CHARLIE = NO STONES.

If either of them can't /don't want to tour.......it's OVER.

scuk

They'll all end up working in Ronnie's band after one of them quits. They'll have to play his songs. The ultimate irony. 'Naw Mick that ain't the way it goes' tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: January 2, 2011 22:48

You have to think if they do tour there will be a lot of bitching about screw ups and what not. I watched Shine A Light, bits here and there and Mick was looking at the tele prompter for the words. Thank goodness I did not buy that video. How bad do you think it will get and do you want to witness it? I hope I am wrong. I would love to take my son to see them before its all over.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: January 3, 2011 01:50

StonesTod said : "beach boyity"

Good one StonesTod! You got me smilin'

Though, I woulda said beach boyishnous.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 3, 2011 03:22

steffiestones
I'm more than happy if they open their vaults instead of a new tour!

I am leaning that way also but i still would rather have both

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home