Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Charlie Watts Says Rolling Stones are Done – “No More Tours”
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:16

Comments given in France this past week by longtime Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts indicate the iconic rock group is retiring after nearly 50 years together.

“It had to end some time, so why not now.”
So says longtime drummer for the Rolling Stone Charlie Watts, speaking to a small gathering of reporters as he prepared for his commentary on a documentary about an Arabian Stud farm located in countryside of England. Watts and his wife Shirley have owned and operated the Halsdon Arabian Stud farm for many years.
Perhaps it his desire to stick closer to home that has Watts speaking out about the fact the Stones have decided that at present, “no more tours” - and are giving no indication they are about to change their mind any time soon. According to Watts, Mick Jagger is increasingly focused on further developing his film company, seeing that as a far more viable business as he gets over closer to 70 years of age. Keith Richards has long suffered from a near-debilitating arthritic condition that has caused his fingers to swell far beyond normal size. “It’s just dreadful what he has had to go through to even pick up a guitar and try and play it…and that was years ago. The last tour, there were times he looked like he was about to quit it all then and there. That’s a real pity too ’cause Keith has always loved the road. More than any of us, he just loves it.”

Read more: [socyberty.com]

Re: Charlie Watts Says Rolling Stones are Done – “No More Tours”
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:21

this is the end my only friend the end

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:35

Well, let's wait and see

Posted by: diego ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:36

if this is true, that´s it pal!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:42

Do you think the Stones will let pass the 50th aniversary
multi million making opportunity?

Keith will go to switzerland and have his fingers replaced.
Charlie will get a hair transplant.
Mick will get his sh*t together and Ronnie...well Ronnie es fine
and ready to go.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:43

of course its true unless the article is made up cmon

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:47

Funny, Keith says they'll tour next year and Charlie says they won't

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:50

If the article is true I except it and will thank the guys for the great 43 years they give to me......

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:51

A whimper instead of a bang. Truth be told they've nothing left to accomplish except fifty years in the music biz, in some manner, shape or form. They doesn't necessarily mean touring.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:52

Doesn't sound like Charlie at all.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:53

Now I am convinced more than ever that they WILL tour! Just more RSTF (Rolling Stones Tour Foreplay)! Actually, forget the tour, do one more album, and say goodbye at the Olympics in 2012 with one final farewell performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman.

Date: December 23, 2010 21:55

I disagree with that if their gonna do it then do it, forget this one show with guests nonsense

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:55

proudmary
Comments given in France this past week by longtime Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts indicate the iconic rock group is retiring after nearly 50 years together.

So says longtime drummer for the Rolling Stone Charlie Watts, speaking to a small gathering of reporters as he prepared for his commentary on a documentary about an Arabian Stud farm located in countryside of England. Watts and his wife Shirley have owned and operated the Halsdon Arabian Stud farm for many years.
Perhaps it his desire to stick closer to home that has Watts speaking out about the fact the Stones have decided that at present, “no more tours” - and are giving no indication they are about to change their mind any time soon. According to Watts, Mick Jagger is increasingly focused on further developing his film company, seeing that as a far more viable business as he gets over closer to 70 years of age. Keith Richards has long suffered from a near-debilitating arthritic condition that has caused his fingers to swell far beyond normal size. “It’s just dreadful what he has had to go through to even pick up a guitar and try and play it…and that was years ago. The last tour, there were times he looked like he was about to quit it all then and there. That’s a real pity too ’cause Keith has always loved the road. More than any of us, he just loves it.”

...this is the brutal reality. Maybe it's better than an inglorious end

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:56

Though it would be sad, and more than disappointing, I'm fine with this being the end.

However, if Charlie did actually make these comments, this web site is the only place to find it. Wouldn't that be pretty big news, covered by VH1, Pitchfork, Rolling Stone.com, etc.? Nothing yet though. We should probably give it a few minutes, hours, days, and see if this is actually picked up by other news sources. We've been fooled before.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:09

Somehow weird that Charlie would suddenly be so direct. I don't know - certainly not a good sign but all the indications were they'd tour again. Wonder what changed or perhaps Charlie was just in a bad mood?

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:16

I don't know if they will tour or not but I find it very difficult to believe Charlie would talk about Keith in that way to a group of reporters

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:17

probably not true. but I kind of hope it is. the last really good tour was Licks, and I don't wanna endure another 2 years on here of people arguing after each show about how Keith or Ronnie can't play anymore while others passionately argue they still can, only for the tour to end and people complain about how it was the worst one but they can't wait to see them tour again. You know, the apologetic Stones sniffers who constantly defend the near-70 year old "boys" that they still have another amazing tour in them that will lay all others to waste. Sorry folks, this isn't the Curious Case of Keith Richards and they are not aging in reverse. Let's hope they let it end with some dignity.

I'd like to think of Licks as their true grand finale, with ABB being a tired but well-intentioned encore.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:21

Doubt this is something we should take seriously. The site is a blog and NOT a legitimate news site--one that is barely visited as you can tell by the lack of comments and interaction.

Plus, the "story" was posted on December 4th...and all this time it hadn't spread to other sites. No doubt the item was fabricated by Joesixpack, the original poster and nothing worth looking at twice.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:25

monkeymark
I don't know if they will tour or not but I find it very difficult to believe Charlie would talk about Keith in that way to a group of reporters

This was my first thought, but perhaps Charlie is just being honest. This is finally something substantive about a tour or no tour from the horse's mouth (or one of the four horses) and I think it carries more weight than some of the fairly mindless speculation I have seen. That is, IF the report is true. Hard to know what to believe from blogs.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:27

Let's wait for the meeting btw Mick, Keith and Charlie. Beginning of 2011. But I don't trust Charlie saying that.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:40

At least someone has to be honest and if there is one Stone I believe that he is honest it is Charlie.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:44

proudmary

Read more: [socyberty.com]

An article dated December 4th (presumably from an interview a week or so earlier) and not a single newswire in the world has picked up on it?

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:48

Charlie is absolutely right about Keith. And about their 50th anniversary, nobody even knows about that except fans, the rest of the people couldn't care less. I hardly see it as huge money making opportunity.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:48

yeah, I noticed that too just now - the source doesn't seem very credible either.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 23, 2010 22:49

Justin
The site is a blog and NOT a legitimate news site--one that is barely visited as you can tell by the lack of comments and interaction.
Plus, the "story" was posted on December 4th...and all this time it hadn't spread to other sites.

Very good observation Justin. Thanks.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 23, 2010 22:53

Gazza
An article dated December 4th (presumably from an interview a week or so earlier) and not a single newswire in the world has picked up on it?

And again a very good observation. Thanks Gazza.

-------------------

Date: December 23, 2010 22:57

so all blogs are out in out lies?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 23, 2010 23:21

Rolling Hansie
Gazza

And again a very good observation. Thanks Gazza.

Thanks Gazza. Cool, calm....

Date: December 23, 2010 23:22

melillo

Says who ?

-------------------

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 23, 2010 23:23

melillo
They're not exactly the most newsworthy places.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home