Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Atlantic City 1989 DVD... at Best Buy
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 13, 2012 21:57

Not sure if this has been dicussed yet here, but I was at Best Buy 2 days ago and glanced through the music DVDs where I saw Atlantic City 1989.

Obviously not official, yet available at a huge retail chain? I didn't take a picture, but the cover was weird - a shot of Mick and Keith from 2007 (Keith's hilariously stupid moustache gave that away).

I did a google search for images of the DVD yet the version I saw didn't come up. Has anyone else ever seen this? IT's only the 2nd time I've EVER seen a bootleg available in a big, international chain (1st being at HMV in 1994, a complitation of tracks taken from the Gimme Shelter and Ladies and GEnt films... with Mick and RONNIE on the cover).

[thepowergoats.com]

Re: Atlantic City 1989 DVD... at Best Buy
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:35

Nothing new - it's on Amazon too in Germany since April 2009.

At this time there were some more non-official DVDs, for instance "Steel Wheels Tokio 1990", "Voodoo Lounge in Japan", "Voodoo Lounge in New Jersey", "Mick Jagger in New York 1993", "Keith Richards Live in Boston" etc., also at some bigger store chains.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 23:00 by Irix.

Date: December 13, 2012 22:43

Amazon isn't quite the same as finding it in a retail store, no??

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:43

Yeah that is weird. Can't recall ever find a gray market release at a retail like BB. How much was it?

Date: December 13, 2012 23:15

jamesfdouglas

Amazon isn't quite the same as finding it in a retail store, no??

The DVDs were in Germany at the time of its release also in store chains such as "Mueller Drogerie" or "MediMax" available.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 23:30 by Irix.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:26

The Warehouse Chain of stores in NZ, has a excess stock deal with BEST BUY, and also share a German/Dutch distrubutor of ROIO or old PPV's and One Off Gig's....very Dodgy, My local store has Bruce Springsteen in Germany, Stones Video Collection, Iggy Pop, Metallica in San Diego etc etc.

So someone has decided these are fair game if they're sourced off-shore and not produced under the banner of any legitimate major record label

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:46

How's the quality? Wasn't that the one where 'ol Axl sang with Mick - "Salt of The Earth"

Date: December 14, 2012 00:00

Quality of the DVD: would say like VHS - Video.

And yes, Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin were guests at "Salt of the Earth".

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 5, 2013 20:57

It's odd that one never came out...currently watching the Jointrip version, not bad but it could use some 16:9 of course.

Date: January 5, 2013 21:02

I'm going back to Best Buy today, I'll see if I can find it and I'll snap a pic for us.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 5, 2013 21:41

Irix
Nothing new - it's on Amazon too in Germany since April 2009.

At this time there were some more non-official DVDs, for instance "Steel Wheels Tokio 1990", "Voodoo Lounge in Japan", "Voodoo Lounge in New Jersey", "Mick Jagger in New York 1993", "Keith Richards Live in Boston" etc., also at some bigger store chains.

Is that the 'Shine A Light' movie picture on the cover?

Date: January 5, 2013 21:43

I think that one is, but the one I saw had a different cover from the Bigger Bang era.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 5, 2013 21:54

I too agree with SKILLs, I keep seeing 'dubious' DVDs in The Warehouse in NZ, wondering how they get them in legit.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 6, 2013 05:01

Hey James, I bought the same DVD at Walmart in BC. It has Mick and Keith on the cover where Keith is smoking and has his moustache. Bottom says ITS ONLY ROCK AND ROLL then below that Live on Stage in Atlantic City 1989.
I remember taping the concert on Muchmusic back in probably 1990 and it had the 3D version of 2000 Light Years which I believe was from Tokyo.

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: January 6, 2013 12:52

Hi,
Nothing new. See [www.popron.cz]
or
[www.popron.cz]
less than 10 USD...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 6, 2013 13:01

........ get yaself a burnt copy with no cover-art ... that'll solve everything

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home