Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Would You Be Disappointed If Stones Fail To Release New Album In 2012?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:43

Let's assume for a moment that the Stones have no intention of releasing a new album this year for their 50th anniversary. Would you be disappointed? I certainly would be. I just can't believe that Mick would blow this golden opportunity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 05:50 by stonescrow.

Re: Would You Be Disappointed If Stones Fail To Release New Album In 2012?
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:06

Now that's an easy question for a change! Yes, I would be disappointed if the album is great - no, I would not be disappointed if the album is a stinker.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:14

I avoid disappointment by keeping low my expectations of others. Sure, it'd be great if they released a kickass new album. But they've long since earned the right to retire. So if they've called it a day without announcing it as such, I respect that decision. I've got other things to keep me occupied.

Date: February 21, 2012 06:21

ab
I avoid disappointment by keeping low my expectations of others. Sure, it'd be great if they released a kickass new album. But they've long since earned the right to retire. So if they've called it a day without announcing it as such, I respect that decision. I've got other things to keep me occupied.

In other words, you have a life beyond the Rolling Stones. Good for you.smileys with beer

Date: February 21, 2012 06:27

alimente
Now that's an easy question for a change! Yes, I would be disappointed if the album is great - no, I would not be disappointed if the album is a stinker.

No doubt a Beatles fan nervous that one last great album by the Stones pushes them past your (mine too) beloved Beatles for the mythical title of Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time! I am also nervous.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:37

Would you be disappointed?

......... well yeah but after a few drive-by's I get it outta me system .....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 21, 2012 06:46

stonescrow
alimente

No doubt a Beatles fan nervous that one last great album by the Stones pushes them past your (mine too) beloved Beatles for the mythical title of Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time! I am also nervous.

Have no fear. Soon the sons of the Beatles will come together and revive Beatlemania!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:10

How long have they been out of the studio now, 7 years? They were out from 1997 to 2002 and look at the crappy cuts that were thrown on 40 Licks. Everything they've done is unprecedented, so it's not impossible that they could pull together a decent album. Still, I'm beyond rushing to zip open a new Stones CD and nervously pushing play. Sadly it's more like 'I hope this doesn't suck.' If they do record an album they have to be aware that it could be the final one. That's a lot of pressure, or none at all if they don't care anymore.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:13

They already have released THREE albums in the last year. I'm completely content.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:17

If Stones releases a New Studio Album with at least 10 new songs in 2012 it would be the surprise of the year...just as if Sweden Team win Europenan Championship in football..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 21, 2012 11:15

We have had a lot of stuff during this last 2 years..........
New stuff will be wellcome

Anyway, i am dissapointed since the last show in Barcelona July 2007

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 21, 2012 11:20

There is no reason to believe that there will be a new Stones album this year.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 21, 2012 11:37

The new cuts on 40 Licks were very good, imo.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 21, 2012 12:22

Send It To me

I can't even remember them, except the title 'Don't Stop' without remembering what it sounded like. I couldn't believe there were 4 cuts and they all blew. But I'm glad that you got some enjoyment out of them. When did that horrible cover of 'Like A Rolling Stone' come out? There must be some who like that one, too. But then again, I love 'Indian Girl' and that can get you tomahawked on this blog.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 21, 2012 12:33

Come On
If Stones releases a New Studio Album with at least 10 new songs in 2012 it would be the surprise of the year...just as if Sweden Team win Europenan Championship in football..

Well, at least we won against the dutch team, most teams haven´t done that in the last years.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 21, 2012 12:46

Send It To me

...very gooood?! We'are talkin' about crappy songs like 'Losing my touch', 'Key to your love' or 'Stealing my heart'. I respect your opinion but these are very poor songs.

Date: February 21, 2012 13:01

poor songs made by rich men

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 21, 2012 13:03

No.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 21, 2012 13:29

No, not at all. They've given us 50 years of tours and music and joy. They can do whatever they please at this point.

Date: February 21, 2012 13:48

Cocaine Eyes
No, not at all. They've given us 50 years of tours and music and joy. They can do whatever they please at this point.

A NEW ALBUM AND A NEW TOUR for example

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 21, 2012 14:05

JumpinJeppeFlash
Come On

Well, at least we won against the dutch team, most teams haven´t done that in the last years.
True, and without Ibrahimovic...question is: Ibra or Guidetti for EM...The answer is probably Elmander and Elm to that...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 21, 2012 15:15

They owe us nothing. If they do nothing this year I would not be disappointed as it's down to them The book/DVD industry will put out a load of cash in product i'm sure.

If I was 69 and rich I sure as hell would not be told what I had to do by any one posting on a website.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 21, 2012 15:36

No. Any new stuff we get is extra.

- Doxa

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: February 21, 2012 15:57

NO !

smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:08

No. On the contrary, I would be very surprised if they did release anything new. I would be a bit disappointed though if they didn't manage to put together at least a couple of live performances from July and onwards this year.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 21, 2012 16:44

of course i would be disappointed. it's boring to trash the same albums over and over again. i want some fresh meat.

Date: February 21, 2012 17:04

MORE VAULTS

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: February 21, 2012 20:11

Yes, I would be disappointed with the Rolling Stones if they failed to release a new album (no reissue, no concert tape) in either 2012 or 2013.

Date: February 21, 2012 20:45

Rockman
Would you be disappointed?

......... well yeah but after a few drive-by's I get it outta me system .....

It crossed my mind that some crazed fan might climb out onto some balcony in some high rise hotel and threaten to jump if the Stones don't tour and release a new album in 2012. He/she would be demanding to talk to either Mick or Keith, or both. The media coverage would be off the charts.

Date: February 21, 2012 20:47

24FPS
How long have they been out of the studio now, 7 years? They were out from 1997 to 2002 and look at the crappy cuts that were thrown on 40 Licks. Everything they've done is unprecedented, so it's not impossible that they could pull together a decent album. Still, I'm beyond rushing to zip open a new Stones CD and nervously pushing play. Sadly it's more like 'I hope this doesn't suck.' If they do record an album they have to be aware that it could be the final one. That's a lot of pressure, or none at all if they don't care anymore.

The Some Girls bonus tracks have given me hope that the next album (provided there is one) is going to be something special.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home