Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Would You Be Disappointed If Stones Fail To Release New Album In 2012?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 21, 2012 20:50

71Tele
They already have released THREE albums in the last year. I'm completely content.

They are on a roll. No sense to put the brakes on now, especially with the 50th anniversary on the horizon.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 21, 2012 20:50

stonescrow
Rockman
Would you be disappointed?

......... well yeah but after a few drive-by's I get it outta me system .....

It crossed my mind that some crazed fan might climb out onto some balcony in some high rise hotel and threaten to jump if the Stones don't tour and release a new album in 2012. He/she would be demanding to talk to either Mick or Keith, or both. The media coverage would be off the charts.
The media tends to not report suicide attempts or successes. You really think that multiple news sources are going to be covering an event like that live? People try to kill themselves all the time in this world. I'm sure they demand all kinds of crazy things. It's not news worthy.

Date: February 21, 2012 20:58

windmelody
There is no reason to believe that there will be a new Stones album this year.

I disagree. I think there are more than a few reasons to think they will release a new album this year. I will be stunned if they don't. And very disappointed. I suppose I would get over it if I knew they would definitely do something (new album) in 2013. 2012 makes more sense, but maybe Mick considers Charlie's joining the band in January of 1963 significant enough to release the album in January of 2013?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 21:01 by stonescrow.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 21, 2012 21:02

stonescrow
windmelody

I disagree. I think there are more than a few reasons to think they will release a new album this year. I will be stunned if they don't. And very disappointed. I suppose I would get over it if I knew they would definitely do something (new album) in 2013. 2012 makes more sense, but maybe Mick considers Charlie's joining the band in January of 1963 as the true 50th?

you do realize they'd have to record the album before releasing it? releasing it is the easiest part, actually. but you have to have it to release it...i know, it's a pain, but that's the way the business works.

Date: February 21, 2012 21:12

GumbootCloggeroo
stonescrow
Rockman

It crossed my mind that some crazed fan might climb out onto some balcony in some high rise hotel and threaten to jump if the Stones don't tour and release a new album in 2012. He/she would be demanding to talk to either Mick or Keith, or both. The media coverage would be off the charts.
The media tends to not report suicide attempts or successes. You really think that multiple news sources are going to be covering an event like that live? People try to kill themselves all the time in this world. I'm sure they demand all kinds of crazy things. It's not news worthy.

If the attempt was called in (in advance) then the local media would be all over it. It would end up on just about every news show in the free world within hours. Certainly all the daily "entertainment" shows in the United States would report it.

Date: February 21, 2012 21:16

Send It To me
The new cuts on 40 Licks were very good, imo.

I loved Don't Stop as performed live at MSG 2003. The HBO concert.

Date: February 21, 2012 21:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
MORE VAULTS

Much more "goodies" to come in years to come. Just like I said nearly a year and half ago. smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2012 21:22

StonesTod
stonescrow
windmelody

I disagree. I think there are more than a few reasons to think they will release a new album this year. I will be stunned if they don't. And very disappointed. I suppose I would get over it if I knew they would definitely do something (new album) in 2013. 2012 makes more sense, but maybe Mick considers Charlie's joining the band in January of 1963 as the true 50th?

you do realize they'd have to record the album before releasing it? releasing it is the easiest part, actually. but you have to have it to release it...i know, it's a pain, but that's the way the business works.

Yes, and that is exactly why I believe that work has already started on it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 21, 2012 21:25

stonescrow
StonesTod
stonescrow
windmelody

Yes, and that is exactly why I believe that work has already started on it.

prolly blondie, darryl, chuck, bernard and lisa laying down the basic trax and then maybe the others will add their bits on later?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 21, 2012 21:25

yes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 03:39 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 21, 2012 23:06

Yeah.

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: February 22, 2012 00:27

I would not be disappointed, actually, I would be very happy if they do not release any new material at all in the future. Just do not want another corporate product in order to fill my collection, think it's pointless

Individual albums by band members are fine, they can be fun, I am interested in that.

Reissues like Some girls/Exile and bootlegs are more than enough to keep the fans interested and the brand floating at this point of their career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 01:23 by johnypar.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: February 22, 2012 00:34

Yes....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2012 00:35

It crossed my mind that some crazed fan might climb out onto some balcony in some high rise hotel and threaten to jump if the Stones don't tour and release a new album in 2012.

.......No No not for me ...
I can't afford ta stay in a hotel and besides I got a weak ankle that ain't up ta landin' on the pavement....

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 00:36 by Rockman.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 22, 2012 01:52

I'll be relieved. We don't need another dud, because that's what we would get.
I'm more excited about stuff coming out this year by musicians that still have something called "artistic inspiration".

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 22, 2012 01:57

stonescrow
I will be stunned....

And frankly, I can't wait.

Date: February 22, 2012 03:41

StonesTod
stonescrow
windmelody

'

Do you mean they'd have to...PRE-RECORD the album?!!? That could lead to a lot of pre-sales couldn't it? The pre-release might be huge! Imagine the pre-orders!

Date: February 22, 2012 03:42

stonescrow
GumbootCloggeroo
stonescrow
Rockman

If the attempt was called in (in advance) then the local media would be all over it. It would end up on just about every news show in the free world within hours. Certainly all the daily "entertainment" shows in the United States would report it.

That would be a pre-call in pre-advance. The pre-paid world would get it second hand though - er, I mean pre-new.

Date: February 22, 2012 03:43

Cocaine Eyes
No, not at all. They've given us 50 years of tours and music and joy. They can do whatever they please at this point.

No they haven't.

Date: February 22, 2012 03:45

stonescrow
24FPS
How long have they been out of the studio now, 7 years? They were out from 1997 to 2002 and look at the crappy cuts that were thrown on 40 Licks. Everything they've done is unprecedented, so it's not impossible that they could pull together a decent album. Still, I'm beyond rushing to zip open a new Stones CD and nervously pushing play. Sadly it's more like 'I hope this doesn't suck.' If they do record an album they have to be aware that it could be the final one. That's a lot of pressure, or none at all if they don't care anymore.

The Some Girls bonus tracks have given me hope that the next album (provided there is one) is going to be something special.

Horrible and ignorant assumption. Must be something in the "coffee" up there.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 22, 2012 03:50

Hey....
I liked "Losing My Touch"

Date: February 22, 2012 03:55

Munichhilton
Hey....

Musically it's nice. Lyricall it's...it's better than Sparks Will Fly, New Faces and a few others.

Date: February 22, 2012 04:01

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Munichhilton
Hey....

Musically it's nice. Lyricall it's...it's better than Sparks Will Fly, New Faces and a few others.

Yeah...I guess I have never looked to the Stones for lyrical wizardry...that doesn't show up super often on a Stones LP.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:06

Munichhilton
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Munichhilton
Hey....

Yeah...I guess I have never looked to the Stones for lyrical wizardry...that doesn't show up super often on a Stones LP.

True, none of them could be described as "brilliant", but in their heyday they were at least memorable, fun and most importantly, enjoyable. Which has been a big problem since Dirty Work, but most glaring on Steel Wheels, where you have a musically more solid effort. Lyrics, not so much.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 22, 2012 04:10

jamesfdouglas
Munichhilton
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Munichhilton
Hey....

True, none of them could be described as "brilliant", but in their heyday they were at least memorable, fun and most importantly, enjoyable. Which has been a big problem since Dirty Work, but most glaring on Steel Wheels, where you have a musically more solid effort. Lyrics, not so much.

Yeah, that's it. Memorable and fun. Usually fitting....except "sharks will cry". That's almost unforgivable...

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:18

yes,very dissapointed.and alimente,what were u babbling about?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:54

No at all. If they make one, then great, but if they don't, fine by me. The remaining Archives releases, and a Deluxe Sticky Fingers would be fantastic!

Like I wrote before, they really could celebrate the creation of Rolling Stone Records, and their first full album after Brian died. Make a large box, same size as Bowie's Station to Station. Have the disc remastered on Gold CD. Have a separate CD of outtakes and alternate takes. Have a DVD with options for various mixes. Mono, 5.1 Surround Sound, the original mix, and remaster. Have a tongue USB with the album in 24 bit with graphics, and a making of video. A facsimile of the Spanish version with the CD, and a facsimile of the Russian cover, both full size. Have a hard bound book all related to all things Stones in 1971. Have a chapter with the creation of the tongue, original layouts and mock-ups. Have unreleased photos from the cover shots, graphics department mock ups. Have full size replica with the zipper. Then a separate book on tour information and pics. Have a "new" live album complete with cool cover with unreleased stuff from the the 71 tour, and if possible a recording of the Newcastle gig with Can't You Hear Me Knocking. And a DVD of promo clips, and any live footage available. Have a full size heavy stock poster (large!) of the the boys in buff with the cover over their bums and frontal... Have 12 x 5 glossies in a press release with info about the album, copies of correspondence showing the making of RS records. Have a news paper style mock of all the various reviews of the album from 1971. House that in a heavy stock cardboard box with an exact copy of the cover with working zipper.
Do a few shows with Mick Taylor doing the entire album. . . I know all dreams, but it is fun to dream.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:55

Send It To me
The new cuts on 40 Licks were very good, imo.
I also like them. Stealing My Heart is my favourite. I consider it a really great tune.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:59

StonesTod
stonescrow
windmelody

Damn, that's why I never made it in the record business!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 22, 2012 05:01

Rockman
It crossed my mind that some crazed fan might climb out onto some balcony in some high rise hotel and threaten to jump if the Stones don't tour and release a new album in 2012.

.......No No not for me ...
I can't afford ta stay in a hotel and besides I got a weak ankle that ain't up ta landin' on the pavement....

Maybe they'll just throw a TV out the window instead, like Keith and Bobby Keys.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2343
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home