Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
I miss this Keith...
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:32

Watching this video,it makes me sad to watch Keith Now days,he hardly moves anymore,like he is trying so hard to remember the chords,that is really painful to watch him,all the spontaneity is gone,and all that is left is a shell of a man trying his darn best,to play songs that he should play with one hand tie behind his back,anyway thanks for the memories,when Keith would be like a lion that had been let out of his cage,stalking the stage,and moving like the devil was after him...Indeed.. Time waits for no one..sad smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: I miss this Keith...
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:34

but he's really, really old. why, even today he got older. please try to be more sensitive and respectul toward the elderly.

Date: December 19, 2012 01:36

StonesTod
but he's really, really old. why, even today he got older. please try to be more sensitive and respectul toward the elderly.
Mick, is the same age and actually moves all over,but yeah you are right age has finally caught up with the Human Riff...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:39

Keith was focused, did not pose and played his guitar it was nice to see.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:39

Agree, kinda seems frozen back there. Oh well. at least he isn't six foot under

Date: December 19, 2012 01:49

I miss my 18 year old body.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:51

slew
Keith was focused, did not pose and played his guitar it was nice to see.

Agree. I guess it just goes to show you can't please everybody. Prior to the 50th shows the #1 gripe around here with Keith was the fact that he was too busy posing and screwing around, to play the music correctly. So finally he decides to focus on what he's doing and play well (which I personally love) and people think he's too much of a statue.

ROPENI, I think you're taking it all wrong. I don't think this means he's a shell of a man who's struggling to play. I think he's just focusing on the music. Maybe he heard all the criticism of his skills and speculation that he could no longer play, that he decided to come out and slap us upside the head with some skills. Another reason I don't think Keith is the shell of a man you say, he showed some real skills the other night. I admit, he wasn't Ya-Ya's Keith or anything like that, but he was definitely much improved. If he's a shell of a man, then there are many guitarists out there who never were men to begin with, because he's still better.

Besides, back in the day Keith wasn't always that animated. Late 60's and early 70's he usually stayed in his spot and played except to sing some vocals from time to time. All the posing and running/prowling around the stage came about during the later period. Or if he did do all that back in the day, I've never seen it. I'm sure he may have gotten a little flashy from time to time, but for the most part he left that to Mick and played his guitar. Like he did with these shows.

You say Keith is gone, I say that IS Keith.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:54

JumpinJackOLantern
I miss my 18 year old body.

I MISS MINE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:56

I would much rather see a Keith focused on his playing not his posing. And he sounded great in this recent series of shows. Awesome!

Date: December 19, 2012 01:58

There is a quote from Keith from back in the seventies that I only jump around if its going drastically right or wrong. He hardly moves at all in Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 19, 2012 02:00

Twenty years ago my knees and ankles didn't snap, crackle and pop when I walked down the stairs in the mornin'...ah how I miss those days!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 19, 2012 02:01

NoCode0680

is this sorta one of those "you say toMAYto and I say toMAHto" things? if so, let's call the whole thing off...or something.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 19, 2012 02:15

whitem8
I would much rather see a Keith focused on his playing not his posing. And he sounded great in this recent series of shows. Awesome!

thumbs up!
Even if it is due to his condition now, - its fine with me.
Don't need any more of those contrived gestures.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 02:16

I saw Keith Richards play in 1969 and the impression he made on me has lasted 43 years. That is the guitar player I will fondly remember.

Date: December 19, 2012 02:17

StonesTod
NoCode0680

is this sorta one of those "you say toMAYto and I say toMAHto" things? if so, let's call the whole thing off...or something.

That's the second time I've been hit with that today!!!

From the NFL thread...

Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
I don't know if this season "sucks", but it's certainly one of the stranger ones. Starting off with the ref lockout/replacement refs and all that entailed, Manning playing for Denver, Tebow going to NYJ, a QB controversy in SF that came out of nowhere, Atlanta and Houston having the best records, a game ending in a tie, the Saints and their troubles, the Bears starting out 7-1 and now might not even make the playoffs, and of course the two deaths. And I'm sure there's more that's slipping my ming right now. Weird.
You say Tomatatoe.. I say sucks... a rose is a rose ... and this rose sucks... come on playoffs.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: December 19, 2012 02:21

ROPENI
StonesTod
Mick, is the same age and actually moves all over,but yeah you are right age has finally caught up with the Human Riff...
Mick = Jumpin' Jacks....Keith = Jumpin' Jack Daniels

Date: December 19, 2012 02:32

whitem8

Right on!thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 19, 2012 02:50

Lots of folks miss the days when the drugs worked, the music was fresh and innovative and young hotties didn't call you "sir". peace

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 19, 2012 03:16

he doing mighty fine for a man of 69 with bad arthritis. coconut tree climbing accidents, cigarettes, booze, etc...in his past and he still stands. he is a miracle.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 19, 2012 03:19

How does that old story go....?
Grandpa sittin on the front porch, sipping lemonade
and talkin somethin bout the old days and Grandmas tits...
yup sonny, the good ole days when.... how does that go again?

Date: December 19, 2012 03:20

Yeah, probably all the YEYO,that Fredy Sessler was providing him with,was the motor behind all those moves...winking smiley

Date: December 19, 2012 03:26

ROPENI
Yeah, probably all the YEYO....

Date: December 19, 2012 03:33

Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI

Excellent Max.smileys with beer

Date: December 19, 2012 03:38

ROPENI
Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI

Excellent Max.smileys with beer
That is a helluva video game.... I havent played it forever, but its a blast

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 19, 2012 03:43

dude Keith didnt move much before the 81 tour... He played the guitar and thats what he did on this tour this year.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 19, 2012 03:56

I didn't know anyone even watches Keith. Even Martin Scorcese focused his film on Mick. That's where MY eyes go the majority of the time...
I thought Keith posed nicely in these shows. He's 69 now...

Date: December 19, 2012 04:48

I watch Keith quite a bit. It is hard not to focus on Mick, let's face it the guy is good! However, I always watch Keith, Ronnie and Charlie as well. Keith does not have as much charisma as Mick but his personality also shines through on stage as well he is a damn fine performer in his own right.

Date: December 19, 2012 05:51

riverrat
I didn't know anyone even watches Keith. Even Martin Scorcese focused his film on Mick. That's where MY eyes go the majority of the time...
I thought Keith posed nicely in these shows. He's 69 now...

Many people do focus on Mick, but not all. As a musician (not professional or particularly good) I'm always more interested in and focused on the musicians in a band than the front man. Particularly the guitarists. When I first became interested in The Stones I was more interested in Keith, and he was my hero. I could identify with him more as I'm not interested in wearing flashy outfits and dancing like Mick. As a 15 year old I considered myself the quiet/dangerous guitar player. I do watch Mick too of course, and love his act, but I'm more interested in the musicians. And yes I know Mick plays guitar too, but not much.

Most concert films focus on the front man and Stones films are no exception. That doesn't mean it's all the people want to see. One of my favorite moments at a Stones concert was during the B2B tour when they kept showing the camera angle on the big screen taken from the little camera mounted on the head of Ronnie's guitar. At the time it was new (to me at least) and a cool gimmick, but most importantly I was getting to watch Ronnie work from the point of view of his guitar. It was very interesting and fun to watch. That's the kind of stuff I'm into. Not really dancing, but that boy Mick can sure dance.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 19, 2012 05:59

Love the "Keith Cam" feature on the Four Flicks DVD. Camera stays on him for the whole song.

Date: December 19, 2012 06:08

tatters
Love the "Keith Cam" feature on the Four Flicks DVD. Camera stays on him for the whole song.

I love it when bands put stuff like that on their DVD's. Pearl Jam's "Touring Band 2000" DVD had something similar called the "Matt Cam" where you could watch songs where the camera stays on drummer Matt Cameron. I've seen some YouTube videos of performances where the camera stayed on Charlie the whole time. It wasn't from any DVD, looked like somebody got the raw video and uploaded the video from the camera that was filming Charlie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 06:09 by NoCode0680.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home