Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Why Does Everything Have To Be So Secretive With The Rolling Stones?
Date: December 19, 2012 20:45

Damn it can be frustrating following these guys! We wait five years to get five shows and now they go silent once again! Why can't they just inform their fans what their plans are? Are you telling me they have no plan? I can't buy that. Why does everything have to be shrouded in mystery? Why all the secrecy? Why all the drama? Why can't they just come out and say they are planning a tour next year? Planning a new album? Or, if they are going to quit, then just say so! Do you think they honestly don't have a clue? And what's with all the teasing? The Coachella thing from the other day is the latest example. The last five years nearly drove me insane! Not sure I can take much more of this!

Re: Why Does Everything Have To Be So Secretive With The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:47

JumpinJackOLantern
Damn it can be frustrating following these guys! We wait five years to get five shows and now they go silent once again! Why can't they just inform their fans what their plans are? Are you telling me they have no plan? I can't buy that. Why does everything have to be shrouded in mystery? Why all the secrecy? Why all the drama? Why can't they just come out and say they are planning a tour next year? Planning a new album? Or, if they are going to quit, then just say so! Do you think they honestly don't have a clue? And what's with all the teasing? The Coachella thing from the other day is the latest example. The last five years nearly drove me insane! Not sure I can take much more of this!

Perhaps go out for a walk and clear your head.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:49

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern

just one walk for that head? at least 3 walks, i think...and then a full-body flush....

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:52

Why so secretive, because people can't always get what they want.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:53

You need to get their fingerprint file.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:53

JumpinJackOLantern
Are you telling me they have no plan?

I never told such a thing

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:54

Well they've got to keep the fans guessing/interested and don't they say the best part is in the wait ? ;-)

Posted by: jjf1965 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:55

Secrecy = Interesting = Attention
That´s more or less it!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2012 21:16

StonesTod
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern

just one walk for that head? at least 3 walks, i think...and then a full-body flush....

That's very 'enema-tic' of you.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 19, 2012 21:27

JumpinJackOLantern
Damn it can be frustrating following these guys!

Would you want everyone knowing your shit all the time ?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 21:28

Lots of bands are secretive like that. There are bands that are worse. It's a good promotional tactic. Secrecy leads to speculation, which leads to anticipation, until the fan base is up to a nice boil.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 19, 2012 21:30

sssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 19, 2012 21:44

The affairs of The Rolling Stones is a reflection of Sir Michael's personality. He likes to keep things to himself. And he is a very reluctant Rolling Stone ever since the early 80s.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 22:43

Led Zep was always mysterious during their tenure. Great marketing strategy.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 19, 2012 23:26

Bob Dylan - the arch dissembler.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 19, 2012 23:43

....yeah Chuck & Charlie should do twitter ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 19, 2012 23:47

First off I doubt any of them are tech savvy...I have no idea if Mick/Keith/Ronnie/Charlie have twitters, if they do it's some assistant. They're really not "plugged in" the stones organization is, but the actual band members are not.

Second I doubt they're going to announce any plans for a tour until it is completely 100% finalized.

They just did 5 shows! It's now time for the band to just take a breather and enjoy christmas with their families. Hence alls quiet on the stones front. It's to be expected

Wouldn't shock me if they announce a spring/summer tour after new years

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 19, 2012 23:51

chop
First off I doubt any of them are tech savvy...I have no idea if Mick/Keith/Ronnie/Charlie have twitters, if they do it's some assistant. They're really not "plugged in" the stones organization is, but the actual band members are not.

Second I doubt they're going to announce any plans for a tour until it is completely 100% finalized.

They just did 5 shows! It's now time for the band to just take a breather and enjoy christmas with their families. Hence alls quiet on the stones front. It's to be expected

Wouldn't shock me if they announce a spring/summer tour after new years

Hear hear.

In the New Year

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 19, 2012 23:53

Keith and Ronnie had dinner at Elios on my birthday friday night

[www.nypost.com]

I dont' think everything is so secretive. really Happy Holidays to everybody!! xxoo

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 20, 2012 00:15

I hope they at least sniffed some good wine in a birthday tribute to Tumbled.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 20, 2012 00:19

stonesrule you know about my wine problem eh? last friday night at trio in dc I was dining outside in the balmy weather with my sisterhoodlums and yes it was 4 bottles of pinot grigio. I haven't had the desire since

Did you see Alex gave her doggie bag to the homeless man. Great Kid!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 20, 2012 00:24

Also, they probably didn't want a lot of us who had (pardon the expression) paid out the wazoo
and traveled to say, oh, s#$%, i could have seen them in Peoria.

JJOL, I do agree though, very anxiety-provoking. The latest example was we didn't know if Mick
Taylor was set to play in Newark until very late, especially after his absence in Brooklyn.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 20, 2012 02:21

JumpinJackOLantern

I thought this was exactly what you wanted. One last great blaze-of-glory concert so you could have closure. Well, now you've got it. On to other things. Sons of Beatles await your exhortations.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 20, 2012 02:44

chop

There was some recent interview with Charlie wherein he stated he didn't have/own "a machine". smiling smiley

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 20, 2012 04:06

JACK, ARE YOU TAKING YOUR MEDS?

Seriously! Why always so much angst? Life is easier than this! The Stones are celebrating the holidays and will re-group at a later date! You just got what you wanted! Is anything ever enough for you?! Settle down, have some tea, and put your feet up in the easy chair.

Que sera, sera, dude! You're going to give yourself a stroke!

Date: December 20, 2012 09:45

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern

Thanks. I took your advice. Seemed to help.

Date: December 20, 2012 09:47

StonesTod
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern

Magnesium Citrate?

Date: December 20, 2012 09:48

tomcasagranda
Why so secretive, because people can't always get what they want.

Please elaborate.

Date: December 20, 2012 09:55

gotdablouse
Well they've got to keep the fans guessing/interested and don't they say the best part is in the wait ? ;-)

I suppose. At least that's what I had to keep telling myself over the last five years. Maybe it's just my 67 year old nerves that are torn and frayed?

Date: December 20, 2012 09:56

jjf1965
Secrecy = Interesting = Attention
That´s more or less it!

So it's all about attention?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home