Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What was with YGMR on 12/12/12?
Posted by: monctonrambler ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:45

In light of the mini-tour being over and the PPV out of the way...one can't help but wonder why YGMR was played to a free North American audience but at no other time. Thoughts?

Re: What was with YGMR on 12/12/12?
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:23

I think they didn't want to play one of their warhorses or other normal opening numbers. Two songs that were uptempo that they could play in their sleep.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:27

I think they have a couple of other uptempo numbers they could also play in their sleep.

YGMR was a curious (awful) choice. No one outside of stones fans even knows the song.

It's also probably not even in the top half of their most highly regarded toons.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:48

A worn out number for us Stones fans, and there are pretty much hundreds of better choices in the Stones catalog. Still, I think it's pretty cool they played this Voodoo Lounge song to a "broad" audience.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:58

It is one of those songs they can toss off in their sleep its right there with the two new songs I mean how hard did they work on One More Shot or Doom and Gloom. Not bad songs but a standard Stones rocker nothing great nothing bad and generally enjoyable but you are correct there are dozens of songs that are better but nice to see something a little different.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:44

Consider the lyrics - a song about being down in the dumps but still kickin'. Obviously a nod to the area. That has to be the main reason they played that and not the gazillion other good songs they have.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:48

Its a fine song, I never understood the hate for it.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:16

Max'sKansasCity

1+

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:31

GasLightStreet
Consider the lyrics - a song about being down in the dumps but still kickin'. Obviously a nod to the area. That has to be the main reason they played that and not the gazillion other good songs they have.

I would go for that!! And think about Jumping Jack Flash. Being down and this and that 'But it's allright now..."

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:56

jamesjagger
Max'sKansasCity

1+

How true!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home