Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Where is Mick Taylor and awful surprise guests??
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 16:59

Being a veteran of 123 Rolling Stones and/or Stones Solo shows I'm sad to say that although I have a decent seat to Saturday's PPV, my enthusiasm is taking a huge hit with the apparent fact that Mick Taylor's invitation has somehow been overlooked and he will NOT be appearing with the boys. I understand Bill is 75 and has a fear of flying, although he somehow managed to overcome that fear for hundreds of shows in the past. Taking away Mick & Bill for a 50th Anniversary Stones PPV show, who by the way, actually ARE Rolling Stones and replacing them with the likes of Lady Freaking Gaga & The Black Keys is nothing short of embarrasing and a total slap in the face to the fans. Springsteen is OK, nothing more and nothing less, but once again, I thought this was supposed to be a Stones show??? On a similar note, we know Clapton and McCartney are in town for the Hurricane Sandy Show and please name me ANY Stones fan who would rather see Lady Gaga, The Black Keys & Springsteen versus seeing Mick taylor, Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney. I know there are certain folks on this site who have access to Mick/Keith's ears. If nothing else, PLEASE, PLEASE, at least reach out to Mick Taylor while it's not too late to get him here. I have always dreamed of seeing Mick Taylor LIVE back on Stage with the Stones. I have met Mick Taylor 5 times, he's a great guy, I know he would love to do the PPV and the boys should do the right thing. Please implore Mick Jagger to NOT bother thanking the fans for our support unless they put their petty jealousies aside and put MT on stage for this PPV!!! If he truly does want to THANK US for our support he knows what he should do. He can still make this happen. I hope he and Keith receive this message loud and clear.

Re: Where is Mick Taylor and awful surprise guests??
Date: December 10, 2012 17:00

ronkeith72
Being a veteran of 123 Rolling Stones and/or Stones Solo shows I'm sad to say that although I have a decent seat to Saturday's PPV, my enthusiasm is taking a huge hit with the apparent fact that Mick Taylor's invitation has somehow been overlooked and he will NOT be appearing with the boys. I understand Bill is 75 and has a fear of flying, although he somehow managed to overcome that fear for hundreds of shows in the past. Taking away Mick & Bill for a 50th Anniversary Stones PPV show, who by the way, actually ARE Rolling Stones and replacing them with the likes of Lady Freaking Gaga & The Black Keys is nothing short of embarrasing and a total slap in the face to the fans. Springsteen is OK, nothing more and nothing less, but once again, I thought this was supposed to be a Stones show??? On a similar note, we know Clapton and McCartney are in town for the Hurricane Sandy Show and please name me ANY Stones fan who would rather see Lady Gaga, The Black Keys & Springsteen versus seeing Mick taylor, Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney. I know there are certain folks on this site who have access to Mick/Keith's ears. If nothing else, PLEASE, PLEASE, at least reach out to Mick Taylor while it's not too late to get him here. I have always dreamed of seeing Mick Taylor LIVE back on Stage with the Stones. I have met Mick Taylor 5 times, he's a great guy, I know he would love to do the PPV and the boys should do the right thing. Please implore Mick Jagger to NOT bother thanking the fans for our support unless they put their petty jealousies aside and put MT on stage for this PPV!!! If he truly does want to THANK US for our support he knows what he should do. He can still make this happen. I hope he and Keith receive this message loud and clear.

Who told you that??

Date: December 10, 2012 18:14

Common Sense, since they're ultimate goal is to sell last minute tickets to yet another overpriced Non-Sold Out show, along with PPV customers, they would not hold back any last minute surprises for our benefit. Maybe they'll come to their senses. I mean really, Lady Gaga singing Lady Jane....I suppose that will be a great time to take a piss...smiling smiley

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:49

Shows have been sold out. But I agree, since they have been announcing the guests and there have been no surprise appearances, it's looking very doubtful that Mick T. will be there. If so alot of fans will be disappointed.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:02

Disappointed nothing....for 500 large, I'm not disappointed, I'm offended and heartbroken!!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:05

Rambler was better without MT. Just saying.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:08

Rokyfan

and it'll be even better with lady gaga and her whip

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:08

Rokyfan

I can't imagaine anything more irritating than the need to see "just saying" after you just said something...Worst linguistic fad of the 21st Century so far.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:10

71Tele
Rokyfan

I can't imagaine anything more irritating than the need to see "just saying" after you just said something...Worst linguistic fad of the 21st Century so far.
sorry to bother you.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:10

71Tele
Rokyfan

i'm personally more irritated when people have to say personally after they say i...as if there's an alternative....

Date: December 10, 2012 19:11

No doubt, I'll make you a deal, I won't surprise Lady Ga-stain at 1 of her concerts if she stays home from mine. Rambler could NEVER be bettwe without MT, just saying indeed!!!

Date: December 10, 2012 19:12

StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

i'm personally more irritated when people have to say personally after they say i...as if there's an alternative....

I personally agree. Just saying.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:14

Rokyfan

Maybe...But Tumbling Dice, Gimme Shelter, All Down The Line, YCAGWYW, Happy, Brown Sugar, and JJF weren't. And haven't been for 37 years.

Just saying.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:17

71Tele
Rokyfan

Maybe...But Tumbling Dice, Gimme Shelter, All Down The Line, YCAGWYW, Happy, Brown Sugar, and JJF weren't. And haven't been for 37 years.

Just saying.

you forgot sympathy and love in vain. please.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:18

71Tele
Rokyfan

I agree! But I'm still trying to figure out which is worse, "just saying" or "just sayin'".

Date: December 10, 2012 19:19

StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

Just saying.

you forgot sympathy and love in vain. please.

I was trying to limit my comments to songs they are actually playing now, but you're right, I left out Sympathy.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:19

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

Personally I feel the overuse of the words "EPIC" and "Meh" are far worse, just saying

Date: December 10, 2012 19:21

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

Personally I feel the overuse of the words "EPIC" and "Meh" are far worse, just saying

Names please...

Date: December 10, 2012 19:21

71Tele
Rokyfan

Just saying.

Only GS and ADTL were better with Taylor, impo - just saying winking smiley

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:22

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

I agree on a personally level. Thats just that I saying. Thats the question.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:23

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

Names please...

saying "just saying" negates the need for names, thats the way I personally feel about it anyway, just saying.

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:28

71Tele
Rokyfan

Just saying.

At the concert in Brooklyn Mick Taylor didn't join the others because he was backstage eating Keiths Shepherds pie.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:30

You've seen them 123 times. You should consider yourself lucky.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:33

talkcheap
71Tele
Rokyfan

Just saying.

At the concert in Brooklyn Mick Taylor didn't join the others because he was backstage eating Keiths Shepherds pie.

Yeah, we had that joke in the London show thread. It wasn't that funny the first time. Please get some fresh material.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:33

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

Names please...

saying "just saying" negates the need for names, thats the way I personally feel about it anyway, just saying.

Meh.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:34

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

Names please...

Meh.

That was EPIC!

Date: December 10, 2012 19:35

ronkeith72
Common Sense, since they're ultimate goal is to sell last minute tickets to yet another overpriced Non-Sold Out show, along with PPV customers, they would not hold back any last minute surprises for our benefit. Maybe they'll come to their senses. I mean really, Lady Gaga singing Lady Jane....I suppose that will be a great time to take a piss...smiling smiley

It is also common sense to assume that Taylor will be there, since he cancelled his gig on December 15, right?

Date: December 10, 2012 19:38

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

Names please...

Meh.

That was EPIC!

Max, I was really impressed with Ron Wood in Brooklyn. He sounded great.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:42

I think MT will be there, but his appearance will be negated by the single most destructive force the Stones have ever known

Date: December 10, 2012 19:43

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

Names please...

Meh.

That was EPIC!

Max, I was really impressed with Ron Wood in Brooklyn. He sounded great.

That is great to hear you say. I am glad he impressed you. Ronnie is awesome... btw- The second I read that Taylor didnt show up in Brooklyn I thought that sucked... I knew you were there to see him.... and what a let down it must have been, that sucks man.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home