Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For Anyone In Toronto's West End!
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: December 2, 2012 13:49

I'm going to be taking most of my Stones' books and CD's to used book/record stores in the west end. And there is a lot of stuff! eye popping smiley

If you're interested in some of my collection, please stop by the shops here.

Apologies, but there's far too much to list on this site.

In case you think I've lost my mind.....fear not.....I have A LOT of precious gifts from Keith, Mick, Ronnie and Charlie which I am keeping.

Hope some of my stuff goes to people here.

cool smiley

Re: For Anyone In Toronto's West End!
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 3, 2012 22:39

Which stores?

Date: December 3, 2012 23:38

I ended up at BMV Books & Music on Bloor in between Brunswick and Spadina. It's where the former Book City used to be.

They took all of my stuff - books + CD's.

As an interesting fact, the MOST in demand 'old' CD is Goats Head Soup! (I thought it would have been Exile!)

Good luck!

smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-04 17:31 by Cocaine Eyes.

Date: December 4, 2012 05:17

Sweet, I work in the Annex. I love BMV! I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2012 05:25

DAMN, I was just there! I'll be back again in February...any chance there'll be anything left? I'm more into vinyl than cd's mind you.

Date: December 4, 2012 05:37

BMV has a small vinyl collection. But they have plenty of Stones books for sale. Even more now, thanks to Cocaine Eyes!

Date: December 4, 2012 08:54

GumbootCloggeroo
BMV has a small vinyl collection. But they have plenty of Stones books for sale. Even more now, thanks to Cocaine Eyes!

I have all that I can read. You read so many books it's like there are no new stories anymore!

Thanks though, may still check it out.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 4, 2012 09:23

I'll be in town from Dec 15th. I'll have a look if there is anything still going.

Date: December 4, 2012 13:32

For what it's worth, my Stanley Booth book about Keith is in MINT condition (yes, I did read it but I'm really careful with books!). It's the Booth one with the white book jacket and, of course, I forget the name right now.tongue sticking out smiley

As for the CD's:

- Exile has the postcards, mint condition
- Goat's Head Soup has the picture of the "soup"
- Sticky Fingers has a working zipper and the picture of the guy in his underwear
- Beggars Banquet is the bathroom one
- all in mint condition

smoking smiley

I got rid of all my vinyl about a year ago.....same store.

Date: December 4, 2012 17:15

Cocaine Eyes
For what it's worth, my Stanley Booth book about Keith is in MINT condition (yes, I did read it but I'm really careful with books!). It's the Booth one with the white book jacket and, of course, I forget the name right now.tongue sticking out smiley

As for the CD's:

- Sticky Fingers has a working zipper and the picture of the guy in his underwear
- all in mint condition

smoking smiley

ah...you have the highly collectable virgin cd's from '93-94 (?)...the ones with the 'original' packaging in miniature. I have the Sticky Fingers from that group. Great stuff.

Date: December 4, 2012 17:39

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes

As for the CD's:

- all in mint condition

smoking smiley

ah...you have the highly collectable virgin cd's from '93-94 (?)...the ones with the 'original' packaging in miniature. I have the Sticky Fingers from that group. Great stuff.

I forget the exact year (it all blurs together) but the ones I've listed here are the "Limited Edition" ones. I remember buying them at at Sam The Record Man! The "Limited Edition" stickers are still on the CD cases!

Hope you guys get some of my stuff.

Oh, and there'll be more to come. When I went to BMV the other day, there were simply some things I could not part with.

You know the feeling..........cool smiley

When I DO take more things to BMV, I'll post it here for you guys.

I did sell a lot of my stuff on Ebay a few years ago, but it got to be a hassle. This is easier doing it right here in Toronto! (I'm still grateful to the person in Germany who (on Ebay) got my white vinyl Beggars Banquet!)

Date: December 4, 2012 17:47

Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes

As for the CD's:

- all in mint condition

smoking smiley

I forget the exact year (it all blurs together) but the ones I've listed here are the "Limited Edition" ones. I remember buying them at at Sam The Record Man! The "Limited Edition" stickers are still on the CD cases!

Oh, and there'll be more to come. When I went to BMV the other day, there were simply some things I could not part with.

I did sell a lot of my stuff on Ebay a few years ago, but it got to be a hassle. This is easier doing it right here in Toronto! (I'm still grateful to the person in Germany who (on Ebay) got my white vinyl Beggars Banquet!)

The dutch pressing....more great stuff!

Date: December 4, 2012 17:55

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes

As for the CD's:

- all in mint condition

smoking smiley

The dutch pressing....more great stuff!

I do have a lot of 'great stuff' here. Some people call my home a museum! grinning smiley Right now, I've only started on the downstairs stuff.......wait till I get to the den!eye popping smiley Autographs, magazines from waaaaaay back, stuff from Dominique Tarle,unique posters from various gigs......lots! It's a wonder there's a place for my husband and I to survive here.

What a trip this Stones lifestyle is!

smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-04 18:01 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 03:20

I used to love record shopping at Sam's. I'll be in TO next week. I'll have to look for this shop.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 7, 2012 08:50

Where are the great record stores in Toronto? All I have seen are Best Buys and HMV.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home