Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Rolling Stones In 2012
Date: July 2, 2009 21:05

2012 - A huge year for the Stones.

They will mark their 50th anniversary by releasing 50 Licks (Forty Licks + 10 other tracks - the four new ones on 40 Licks which will be replaced by 4 other new ones!!).

The Stones will participate in the opening Ceremony for the London Olympics and will play a war horse heavy set at the concert to mark Queen Elizabeth IIs Diamond Jubilee the highlight of which will be Keith (finally) accepting a knighthood on stage.

Re: The Rolling Stones In 2012
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:18

you sir have a very healthy imagination.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:20

... And as Charlie hits the last rim shots for 'Satisfaction', per the Aztec calendar, the entire world will blow up.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:22

It's actually the Mayan calendar isn't it?

Date: July 2, 2009 21:26

I forgot to add that Keith's knighthood will be for service to the pharmacutical industry.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:54

They'll all be wearing adult diapers at that point.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 2, 2009 22:02

They will surprise everybody by opening with either Start Me Up or Jumpin´Jack Flash and Blondie will be playing more guitar than ever to cover up for Keith.
Happy upcoming 50´s anniversary!!!

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 2, 2009 22:21

The Stones
They will surprise everybody by opening with either Start Me Up or Jumpin´Jack Flash and Blondie will be playing more guitar than ever to cover up for Keith.
Happy upcoming 50´s anniversary!!!

Good news! If he play it openly during all songs: The 3 guitars studio band of 50 years time will finally become a 3 guitars live band.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: July 2, 2009 22:36

Now if that scenario does come to bear I would like you to also give me some lottery numbers. I can see some logic behind your post.

Mike

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 2, 2009 22:39

Keith accepting a royal upper class title? Doesn't sound like rock'n'roll to me. But then again I am not British... And I am not Keith Richards...

Bjornulf

Date: July 2, 2009 22:52

I think he sold accept a K. Just to poke fun at the whole thing!

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 3, 2009 00:04

Sir Craven of Cottage

They will mark their 50th anniversary by releasing 50 Licks (Forty Licks + 10 other tracks - the four new ones on 40 Licks which will be replaced by 4 other new ones!!).

The Stones will participate in the opening Ceremony for the London Olympics and will play a war horse heavy set at the concert to mark Queen Elizabeth IIs Diamond Jubilee the highlight of which will be Keith (finally) accepting a knighthood on stage.

As I remember Keith sad that he will never play together on stage with someone that accepted knighthood.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 3, 2009 00:07

he was kidding winking smiley

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 3, 2009 04:35

Sir Craven of Cottage

...sounds about right to me.

Date: July 3, 2009 05:03

Just saw a film that says the world is coming to an end in 2012, and no one tells us about it.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 3, 2009 06:22

and Charlie should replace Charles. Hey they almost took over or bought down Canada back in the day.

Re: The Department of Historical Accuracy
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 3, 2009 09:05

>> As I remember Keith sad that he will never play together on stage with someone that accepted knighthood. <<

he said he didn't want to, not that he "never would"

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 3, 2009 11:18

I thought you mixed up the digits and this thread would be about the boys returning
to 2120 South Michigan Avenue.

Yet another disappointment.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 3, 2009 20:48

The following year, might it be Lord Jagger?
And is that the former Sir Craven of Cottage seated next to him?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 3, 2009 22:25

Why not 2012?

We all know the wheels will grind back into motion in 2010.

So can they keep things ticking over a couple of years?

Hopefully.For Mick its going to be lucrative for sure.We would certainly get the unearthed gems:TWFNO,Comin down again,I wanna be your man etc.

After all whats going to get the hard core fans like me splashing out again?

Date: July 3, 2009 22:48

He might accept a knighthood - if a sword comes with it.
smiling smiley
Nah, more likely to see Bill join them on stage then that!

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: July 4, 2009 02:21

scaffer
... And as Charlie hits the last rim shots for 'Satisfaction', per the Aztec calendar, the entire world will blow up.

Well, that's certainly the best ending I can imagine for the last song of the last Rolling Stones concert ever. Sign me up for a front row seat immediately.

Added benefit: at least the whiners will have no reason to complain about the lack of an encore...

And yes, VoodooLounge13, it is actually the Mayan Calendar...

Diamond rings, Vaseline, you gave me disease, well, I lost a lot of love over you.

Date: July 4, 2009 15:27

There will also be commerorative coins, mugs and stamps!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2009 16:24

I hope they'll still be able to surprise (sth they didn't really do recently but I don't think the band's finished)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 4, 2009 20:38

Wow. They'll certainly be unearthing such gems as Honky Tonk Women, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Satisfaction, Sympathy For The Devil and Brown Sugar...

If they start a tour in 10 and finish sometime in 12 that's three years of playing the warhorses for whatever reason. Just can't see them doing another 3 year tour like they did with Bridges and Bang.

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: July 5, 2009 05:52

We can't avoid the fact that the rule of thumb for a compilation for an old act like the stones is every ten years.So it will happen,another useless release.Love to see a new record early next year released when there is no major competition.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 5, 2009 09:06

The Stones will most probably do something during 2012
Guess though it won't be connected to the Olympics, which I at one point thought.

Maybe they will do some club concerts close to their homebase, where they started out.

And on the video screen we will see the vaults open and the unfinished songs will roll out of it, as a sign of gratitude to us who have followed them for 50 years or so, without whining.

Unfinished but polished by Don Was!

Unfinished but pure, raw rock and roll!

That must please every whiner inside this forum!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 5, 2009 15:57

I'm still laughing at how people think they're going to 'do something' because of the 2012 Olympics.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 5, 2009 17:52

skipstone
I'm still laughing at how people think they're going to 'do something' because of the 2012 Olympics.

I think they will do something to celebrate their 50th anniversary as a band!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 5, 2009 18:46

I think that too. A free concert in Hyde Park. Or Missoula !!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home