Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Rolling Stones In 2012
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 5, 2009 20:52

So does that mean I'm the only one that thinks they won't do anything? They sort of celebrated their 40 years but I can't see them doing it for 50. Why I can't explain. They didn't really do it for any other year. It just might be so that they'll already be on tour - if they tour - because they take so damn long. So big deal.

But for the Olympics? I dunno. I just really can't see it.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 5, 2009 21:15

Here in Germany there is a band that I really like very much and am somehow acquainted with. They have their 20th jubilee coming this summer and as they had a Best of for the 15th (as the Stones had their 40 Licks) and the studio album/live dvd/cd cyclus like the Stones too this time they get worshipped! Maybe the Stones also leave their 50th to others and there will be a tribute album by assorted artists - almost the most famous in the case mentioned above - probably with some Stones participation?!

Date: July 5, 2009 21:21

Only Stones fans in England have mentioned the connection between the Olympics and the 50th anniversary thing.

Subtract the years the Stones haven't done anything and it's a different story. What if they only did one album and one tour and then just didn't do anything - without any official announcement, of course - they'd still be as old of a band as they are now. Technically.

But being around for forty some years, well - Keith has always been the ONLY one to say 'Let's see how far we can take it'. No one else in the Stones has ever said that. That doesn't bode well for the rest of their future as far as being a creative band goes but it does bode well for how they've been touring and what they've been playing.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 6, 2009 02:09

The Greek
you sir have a very healthy imagination.

You said it ... !!

Date: July 9, 2009 22:14

skipstone
Only Stones fans in England have mentioned the connection between the Olympics and the 50th anniversary thing.

Subtract the years the Stones haven't done anything and it's a different story. What if they only did one album and one tour and then just didn't do anything - without any official announcement, of course - they'd still be as old of a band as they are now. Technically.

But being around for forty some years, well - Keith has always been the ONLY one to say 'Let's see how far we can take it'. No one else in the Stones has ever said that. That doesn't bode well for the rest of their future as far as being a creative band goes but it does bode well for how they've been touring and what they've been playing.

Whilst they may not have recorded or toured for 50 consecutive years they have been felt for 50 years. That's what really counts.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 10, 2009 01:30

As Aerosmith sang......Dream On!!!

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: July 10, 2009 02:28

the real truth is, there never was a rolling stones, there will never be a rolling stones, they never existed.

all along it was just me dreaming all these years that there was a rolling stones.

i want to thank everyone for playing along with this dream.

sadly, however and probably soon, reality will hit me.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: July 10, 2009 05:33

Stones in 2012....please!....could go either of two ways...MAJOR world tour lasting 2 years with accompanying lp which hits #1 on the charts for 57 consecutive weeks and is biggest grossing rock and roll extravaganza of all time grossing $978,567,352,000 dollars US (mostly in t-shirts and beer sales)...OR nothing happens......who wants to start the betting pool!??.....PS....charlie will be 71...mick and keef-69...

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: July 10, 2009 16:25

I'll give you the money figure but this is more realistic: accompanying LP which hits #5 in the US, #3 in the UK and only makes the Top 20 on the rest of the charts around the world and is on the charts for 2 consecutive weeks, falling off the Top 200 world wide within a month because they refuse to play any songs from it, making the album a moot point and an excuse to get out of their contract with UMG and move to a forward thinking...

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 10, 2009 16:58

I hadn't really thought about it as I take each day a night at time.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 10, 2009 17:16

Sir Craven of Cottage
2012 - A huge year for the Stones.

They will mark their 50th anniversary by releasing 50 Licks (Forty Licks + 10 other tracks - the four new ones on 40 Licks which will be replaced by 4 other new ones!!).

The Stones will participate in the opening Ceremony for the London Olympics and will play a war horse heavy set at the concert to mark Queen Elizabeth IIs Diamond Jubilee the highlight of which will be Keith (finally) accepting a knighthood on stage.

Seriously, I can't see the point in posting posts like this, let alone creating a topic for it. And you forgot to mention the impotrance of Blondie, covering up for Keith. But others did it. I don' even find it funny any more. If this band is so boring, predictable and...whatever...why are you (I mean all those constantly bashing the Stones) at this forum? Sorry for maybe overreacting, bud it had to go out.

The Stones in 2012 for me are a great band which will either be on tour and I will be trying to catch them a couple of times, or they will not be touring and I will just be enjoying their music...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-10 17:22 by Happy24.

Date: July 10, 2009 20:34

Happy24
Sir Craven of Cottage
2012 - A huge year for the Stones.

They will mark their 50th anniversary by releasing 50 Licks (Forty Licks + 10 other tracks - the four new ones on 40 Licks which will be replaced by 4 other new ones!!).

The Stones will participate in the opening Ceremony for the London Olympics and will play a war horse heavy set at the concert to mark Queen Elizabeth IIs Diamond Jubilee the highlight of which will be Keith (finally) accepting a knighthood on stage.

Seriously, I can't see the point in posting posts like this, let alone creating a topic for it. And you forgot to mention the impotrance of Blondie, covering up for Keith. But others did it. I don' even find it funny any more. If this band is so boring, predictable and...whatever...why are you (I mean all those constantly bashing the Stones) at this forum? Sorry for maybe overreacting, bud it had to go out.

The Stones in 2012 for me are a great band which will either be on tour and I will be trying to catch them a couple of times, or they will not be touring and I will just be enjoying their music...

Good for you.

This thread was a light hearted look at what they might be doing in 2012. Sorry that you don't get that.

Posted by: La Mano Nera ()
Date: July 11, 2009 01:30

I'm guessing you guys didn't read the lost Nostradamus text that predicts that once Earth is aligned with the Galactic Center on 12/20/2012, Keith's outer epidermus will melt away from the extreme cosmic rays bombarding the planet to reveal his steel cyborg skeleton and laser gattling gun arm. What happens after this, has not been foreseen...

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 9, 2009 10:30

Yeah, this has been on my mind for quite some time: 2012 and The Stones 50 yrs Golden Jubilee.

I am quite convinced that the next tour will definitely be their last one. Only question I have is would it be better to kick the tour off in 2010 and finalise it in London in 2012 or to start it in London only then. I personally would be most satisfied with the first alternative.

I'll try to ask Charlie about it if I get a chance to do so on Monday.

And let's hope that they will all keep in good shape and condition.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 9, 2009 10:38

lunar!!!
Stones in 2012....please!....could go either of two ways...MAJOR world tour lasting 2 years with accompanying lp which hits #1 on the charts for 57 consecutive weeks and is biggest grossing rock and roll extravaganza of all time grossing $978,567,352,000 dollars US (mostly in t-shirts and beer sales)...OR nothing happens......who wants to start the betting pool!??.....PS....charlie will be 71...mick and keef-69...

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 9, 2009 10:47

I am no way or ever have been a cliff richard fan BUT i saw him on TV last night in an interview and they shows him on stage on tour with the Shadows, he is 69 nearly 70 and he has still got it, his show looked great and the audiences were loving it. My Sister in law went to see him on Monday and really enjoyed it.

Now as i said i am not into his music and never have been a fan of all that middle of the road trash BUT i have to say if he can do it why not the Stones, Cliff started in the 50's so the Stones are still way behind so a 2012 tour could be more than possible and still be really good,and then Mick would still be younger than Cliff is now.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 9, 2009 15:19

Not everybody is as healthy or fit as Cliff Richard and mind you the moves he make on stage do not compare to the physical strength Mick puts on a show.
We must admit that strongly after 60 your health can change just in a second blow. Ok this can happen while you're young, but risks are much higher when older.
Just think of the insurance to be paid in case the tour want happen or even to find a sponsor. That will be very difficult.
At this time the big hit tours are past.

However I am still looking forward what might come and as long as they can they will do another tour and try to squeeze our vallets for its only Rock and Roll but I like it.

Date: October 9, 2009 16:59

There are plenty of people that are younger than the Stones - any of 'em - that are in worse shape. There are plenty of people their age and older - any of 'em - that are in worse shape. And better shape.

So one old person does mean it's across the board.

The more I think about it, another Stones tour, the happier I get. But only because they're doing what they do, taking it as far as possible. It ends there. What I don't care for is, like a lot of people here, the same ol' same ol'. The nostalgia trip. The only challenge now is to DO IT, not to really play anything remarkable or new. I wish they would. Maybe they will. With Licks they had the single, which they played. With Bang they had...what, 3 singles, of which they did not play on a consistent basis. I guess Rough Justice got the most airings. So that was the newness, a couple of odd songs thrown in and the rest was their hits.

The next tour, even though Charlie said no more long tours, will probably be just like Bang and Bridges and Licks and Voodoo - it will just keep going, with 3 to 6 month breaks, and be as predictable as the mail arriving. But they'll be doing it.

Posted by: MonkeyTrain ()
Date: October 9, 2009 18:36

It'll never happen. They are playing my 50th birthday party for $47,000.

Date: October 9, 2009 19:09

Well next year I turn 40 so maybe I can get them for $47,001? I would think Mick would take the extra dollar.

Date: October 9, 2009 19:31

Hey skipsone,

Let's see if we can get a two-fer discount.

Date: October 9, 2009 19:54

OK. But only if they don't play the warhorses ha ha. If they insist on it, I won't spend anything. You'll be on your own then.

Date: October 9, 2009 20:06

I heard they are kicking off the show with "Miss Amanda Jones".

Date: October 9, 2009 22:00

I'd be more than happy to take that!

Date: October 13, 2009 06:08

SwayStones

This cake looks vaguely familiar smiling bouncing smileywinking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 5, 2012 01:03

Haha...just bumped into this...initial predictions didn't quite play out, but hey, not a bad year after all is it ;-)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home