Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Why Weren't Taylor and Wyman Onstage At The Same Time?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:02

Wasn't that supposed to be the whole idea? And the main reason people flew in from all over the world and paid a fortune for their tickets? The chance to see all five members of the 1969 Hyde Park/Altamont Rolling Stones onstage at the same time?

Re: Why Weren't Taylor and Wyman Onstage At The Same Time?
Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:03

tatters
Wasn't that supposed to be the whole idea? And the main reason people flew in from all over the world and paid a fortune for their tickets? The chance to see all five members of the 1969 Hyde Park/Altamont Rolling Stones onstage at the same time?

Because bill wyman & mick taylor are the same person.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:03

Reasonable question. Could have been solved by Wyman playing on MR or Taylor playing on HTW.

Date: November 26, 2012 03:06

Seems like such a no brainer. Jagger had to have made a conscious decision not to do that. But why?

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:08

good point tatters i was thinking the same,to bad there are morons on hear being wise guys.

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:11

I hope someone captured a video version of MIdnight Rambler with MT.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:12

Both should have been on the whole set. It's the only 50 years commemorative set they are going to do on English soil and with all living original members on.

Date: November 26, 2012 03:17

71Tele
Reasonable question. Could have been solved by Wyman playing on MR or Taylor playing on HTW.

Could have been solved any number of ways. I think it just comes down to Mick not wanting to celebrate a version of the band that no longer exists at the expense of the current lineup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 03:19 by tatters.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:57

tatters
71Tele

Could have been solved any number of ways. I think it just comes down to Mick not wanting to celebrate a version of the band that no longer exists at the expense of the current lineup.

Probably. Sometimes I think Jagger is really clueless about some things. Any more than 2 for Bill and one from MT would have made it more nostalgia than what he would like, which is utter nonsense. Plus he still loves a gunslinger guitarist, hence Beck, who had no business being there. And why Bill wasn't on Miss You is a head-scratcher.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: November 26, 2012 04:03

Is there any chance that Bill and Mick T may be more involved in the next show,or is it to remain the same as this one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 04:05 by klrkcr.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 26, 2012 05:43

yes it really makes no sense that they were not on together, pretty much pointless IMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 06:00 by melillo.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 05:54

I'm curious what happened at the end of the show where everyone comes to the front of the stage and takes a bow. Did that even happen, and if so, was Taylor and Wyman there?? Sure would make a great pic.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 26, 2012 05:55

ALL of them should have been onstage for the encore and final bow.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 05:56

Maybe it was to give them each their own spot... give each the spot light and credit they deserve. A thank you just to Bill and a thank you just Mick Taylor... without the other's return taking anything away.

Or maybe it was logistics... the actual 2012 Rolling Stones have to play with another guy(s)... maybe it just gets to be to much to change half the band for song, but one guy mixed in... its easier to do maybe.

I don't know, just throwing a couple possibilities out there!

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: November 26, 2012 07:00

mickjagger1009
Maybe it was to give them each their own spot... give each the spot light and credit they deserve. A thank you just to Bill and a thank you just Mick Taylor... without the other's return taking anything away.

That's fine. Nothing wrong with that, but they both should have been brought back at the end. At the very least, they could have wrapped things up by doing JJF with all six living Rolling Stones onstage. It's inexplicable to me that Jagger would deny the audience the one thing that could have possibly justified the ticket prices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 07:09 by tatters.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:15

tatters
mickjagger1009

That's fine. Nothing wrong with that, but they both should have been brought back at the end. At the very least, they could have wrapped things up by doing JJF with all six living Rolling Stones onstage. It's inexplicable to me that Jagger would deny the audience the one thing that could have possibly justified the ticket prices.

I dont think they deserve to out there at the end, they were guests, they are not in the band... they quit, long ago.

Mick has heard the droning groans... and Mick placated all the Taylorites and Wymanites by wheeling them out and putting them both on display, but that is where it ends, and I agree with Mick, I dont give one fvk about thsoe quitters anyway, The Stones dont need them... and now.... they are both just like Beck and Bilge.... they are guests... they come on, they do their thing and then they get the fk off.

Date: November 26, 2012 07:34

Max'sKansasCity
tatters
mickjagger1009

I dont think they deserve to out there at the end, they were guests, they are not in the band... they quit, long ago.

Mick has heard the droning groans... and Mick placated all the Taylorites and Wymanites by wheeling them out and putting them both on display, but that is where it ends, and I agree with Mick, I dont give one fvk about thsoe quitters anyway, The Stones dont need them... and now.... they are both just like Beck and Bilge.... they are guests... they come on, they do their thing and then they get the fk off.

Bill Wyman is still, officially, the only bass player the Stones ever had or ever will have. If you invite somebody like that to your party, you invite him in a big way, or you don't invite him at all. Ditto for Taylor, based on the quality, not the quantity, of his service.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:34

Probably because they are no longer in the same band together. And also, Mick J. and the band probably don't want to give off any sort of impression that that version of the band was special over any other version which includes the current. Likewise suggestive indications that they themselves agree with abovementioned analogy could stem as a result and especially from some here on IORR. Those two ex-stones cats are just that and are now merely simple guests like the others. I'm probably wrong and Thursday may prove this, but my guess is Ronnie would be onstage regardless. So, we won't see the five almost all original lineup of that creative peak period by themselves as far as guitars and bodies on stage this tour. Those days are historic and captured on film though. I think even if they did play together the magic would not be like that of a band that currently works together and doing something they've never done before. It would sound and feel just as it did with Jeff and all the rest. With possible exception to a few iconic licks here and there, just a live jam with special guests playing songs and parts today, but probably no better than the current working lineup that plays the same songs but now without them.

Date: November 26, 2012 07:38

tomk
tatters
71Tele

Probably. Sometimes I think Jagger is really clueless about some things. Any more than 2 for Bill and one from MT would have made it more nostalgia than what he would like, which is utter nonsense. Plus he still loves a gunslinger guitarist, hence Beck, who had no business being there. And why Bill wasn't on Miss You is a head-scratcher.

jeff beck has a long history thats intertwined with the stones, why shouldn't he be up there as a gust for 1 song? beck and ronnie were in the jeff beck group together. beck auditioned for the stones. beck plays on a lot of jaggers solo stuff.

Date: November 26, 2012 07:42

three16
And also, Mick J. and the band probably don't want to give off any sort of impression that that version of the band was special over any other version which includes the current.

This was always the explanation that was given as to why Mick never wanted to open the vaults, but in that regard, at least, he now seems to have seen the light.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 01:42 by tatters.

Date: November 26, 2012 07:47

I dont see or hear where Wyman added anything to Honky Tonk women... but I could be wrong, it is just a youtube crap video. If Wyman wanted to be in the band he shopuldnt have quit.... and if he quit, then people should let him go.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:58

'Taylor and Wyman are quitters?' 'I don't give a fvck' 'The Stones don't need them!'

The Stones have been a guitar train wreck for far too long.

They really need those two or others who can @#$%& play.

Mick is a pro compared to Ego-Keith and Drunk-Ron but has no clue sometimes.

Date: November 26, 2012 08:00

Max'sKansasCity
I dont see or hear where Wyman added anything to Honky Tonk women... but I could be wrong, it is just a youtube crap video. If Wyman wanted to be in the band he shopuldnt have quit.... and if he quit, then people should let him go.

They should have done Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown. Mick did a great version of that on SNL, and it's something on which Bill could have really shined.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 08:00

Max'sKansasCity

exactly, and Wyman probably chose those songs when they asked him which songs he would like to play on. Make it easy. Instead of relearning for one night his Miss You bass line and trying to groove with the band like they just played last night in Buffalo or somewhere. Just as it's easy to play blues licks anywhere in Midnight Rambler as a guitarist.

Date: November 26, 2012 08:05

tatters
Max'sKansasCity

They should have done Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown. Mick did a great version of that on SNL, and it's something on which Bill could have really shined.
Agreed, on a rewatch I thought that SNL version was awesome... once I was past why the mutafk the Stones were not on there (it kind of ruined it on frist watch).... AND SPEAKING OF THAT...Has it ever been properly fkg explained why Mick went on there with his band? I still wonder... but yeah... there are better shining moments for Wyman to do his thing then HTW. I dont deny Wyman played some great bass for The Stones, back in the day, but he quit... and we dont cotton to quitters round these parts.

Date: November 26, 2012 08:09

three16
Max'sKansasCity

exactly, and Wyman probably chose those songs when they asked him which songs he would like to play on. Make it easy. Instead of relearning for one night his Miss You bass line and trying to groove with the band like they just played last night in Buffalo or somewhere. Just as it's easy to play blues licks anywhere in Midnight Rambler as a guitarist.
I imagine it will all be explained to us in a book someday... I hope someone I know reads it and tells me.winking smiley Im still waing to see Taylor in action on MR from tonight... come on youtube.... getalonglittledoggy...

Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 26, 2012 08:27

Max'sKansasCity
I dont see or hear where Wyman added anything to Honky Tonk women... but I could be wrong, it is just a youtube crap video.

I agree, I couldn't hear him at all on the Youtube ... and he appeared out of it, kind of staring off to the side, perhaps bc he couldn't hear himself. Was he turned up?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2012 10:05

tatters
Max'sKansasCity
tatters
mickjagger1009

Bill Wyman is still, officially, the only bass player the Stones ever had or ever will have. If you invite somebody like that to your party, you invite him in a big way, or you don't invite him at all. Ditto for Taylor, based on the quality, not the quantity, of his service.

Thank you, Tatters.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: November 26, 2012 10:06

Midnight Toker
ALL of them should have been onstage for the encore and final bow.
Yes
MT and BW should have returned at least together for the last encore and final bow

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 26, 2012 10:53

I think Jagger was afraid it all would be a tad too shaky without Darryl on the bass. Darryl is, even if you don't like it, the glue that holds it together, and has replaced Richards as driving force. Wyman follows Keith, where Darryl pushes Keith. But Wyman could have played on Rambler, I don't see a problem there. Just as Taylor could have also played on ADTL.

Mathijs

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home