Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

One More Shot vs Don't Stop...
Date: November 27, 2012 23:21

Ok, OMS has more Keith and raw Stones but they are so hard to compare like apples and oranges but I'd like to know what you think.

Both sound great loud.

I think it's almost even steven...

OMS has a better intro imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 23:22 by steel driving hammer.

Re: One More Shot vs Don't Stop...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:27

Funny. I've heard both studio versions several times recently. But I was just watching the MSG Four Flicks concert, and when they went into Don't Stop I thought "Interesting, kind of sounds like that other one they just came out with 10 years later". Not a knock on them, just something weird I noticed, and now even weirder that you bring it up two hours later. I personally like Don't Stop better of the two.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:27

I think Please Stop would have been a better title. One More Shot is far better but it's a knock off.

Date: November 27, 2012 23:38

Silver Dagger
I think Please Stop would have been a better title. One More Shot is far better but it's a knock off.

I think a lot of Stones songs are knock off's one another.

That's why they are so good.

Stick w/ that Open G and you have nothing to loose.

I would of chosen Doom and Gloom vs Don't Stop but DAG is more up tempo and doesn't match better than OMS.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:40

One More Shot and Don't Stop both suck. Doom and Gloom ain't bad.

Date: November 27, 2012 23:41

24FPS
One More Shot and Don't Stop both suck. Doom and Gloom ain't bad.

lol, cheers.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:47

Those four songs from 40 Licks were abyssmal. "Don't Stop" is mediocre at best. "One More Shot" recalls a few different past Stones guitar riffs and melodies but IMHO it doesn't detract from the song. Keith's vocal bridge adds an interesting mid-60s pop vibe. It's a solid song and contrasts nicely with the more modern-sounding "Doom And Gloom".

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:56

I find the production used on Doom&Gloom makes the guitars and drums sound like they've been homogenized through a computer program. Sounds plastic to me. And the vocals are not only way too loud in the mix, it sounds like mick is straining his voice in a monotone for too much of the song.

Don't stop in comparison was mixed well and the instruments sound real; not processed. It seems more of a laid back and natural song for the stones to do, be it a filler song or not. Where D&G strikes me as an over processed and strained offering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1222
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home