Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

One More Shot vs Don't Stop...
Date: November 27, 2012 23:21

Ok, OMS has more Keith and raw Stones but they are so hard to compare like apples and oranges but I'd like to know what you think.

Both sound great loud.

I think it's almost even steven...

OMS has a better intro imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 23:22 by steel driving hammer.

Re: One More Shot vs Don't Stop...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:27

Funny. I've heard both studio versions several times recently. But I was just watching the MSG Four Flicks concert, and when they went into Don't Stop I thought "Interesting, kind of sounds like that other one they just came out with 10 years later". Not a knock on them, just something weird I noticed, and now even weirder that you bring it up two hours later. I personally like Don't Stop better of the two.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:27

I think Please Stop would have been a better title. One More Shot is far better but it's a knock off.

Date: November 27, 2012 23:38

Silver Dagger
I think Please Stop would have been a better title. One More Shot is far better but it's a knock off.

I think a lot of Stones songs are knock off's one another.

That's why they are so good.

Stick w/ that Open G and you have nothing to loose.

I would of chosen Doom and Gloom vs Don't Stop but DAG is more up tempo and doesn't match better than OMS.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:40

One More Shot and Don't Stop both suck. Doom and Gloom ain't bad.

Date: November 27, 2012 23:41

24FPS
One More Shot and Don't Stop both suck. Doom and Gloom ain't bad.

lol, cheers.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:47

Those four songs from 40 Licks were abyssmal. "Don't Stop" is mediocre at best. "One More Shot" recalls a few different past Stones guitar riffs and melodies but IMHO it doesn't detract from the song. Keith's vocal bridge adds an interesting mid-60s pop vibe. It's a solid song and contrasts nicely with the more modern-sounding "Doom And Gloom".

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:56

I find the production used on Doom&Gloom makes the guitars and drums sound like they've been homogenized through a computer program. Sounds plastic to me. And the vocals are not only way too loud in the mix, it sounds like mick is straining his voice in a monotone for too much of the song.

Don't stop in comparison was mixed well and the instruments sound real; not processed. It seems more of a laid back and natural song for the stones to do, be it a filler song or not. Where D&G strikes me as an over processed and strained offering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1180
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home