Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick's outfit at the 02
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:10

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but am I the only one who sees Mick's duds as a nod to the past?

Re: Mick's outfit at the 02
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:21

No, I'd say you're not the only one, although I didn't actually see it until you pointed it out. Looks like Mick saved his jacket from their first-ever TV appearance, and even found a matching hat... unfortunately. But yes, I'd say this was definitely a nod to their history, just as sure as was their opening number [I Wanna Be Your Man], during which, the last time they played that one live, Mick was wearing a very similar jacket....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:36

Yeah, Juan, there's an article on Mick's duds as planned by L'Wren, related to your original point here:

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

(There was another piece with nice pics and quotes, can't find it now...okay,
the one linked above is based on the original article/interviews in WWD.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 05:39 by angee.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:43

I think Mick looked pretty good throughout the show. The skinny long sleeve shirt...the tie...the hat. The striped suit was a little bit on the flashy side but it still worked. And thank God..no glitter/sparkly jackets. The gorilla cape thing was just silly. Mick usually comes out looking like Elton John or Robert Goulet but this time he actually looked cool.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:57

Original article, pre-show:

[www.wwd.com]

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:28

angee
Original article, pre-show:

[www.wwd.com]

Ah ha! Cool - thanks!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:34

Nice article thanks for the link.

It was funny how that rack of shirts was brought before the show for Mick and placed next to Chuck's keyboards, along with Mick's paper hankies that he used a lot in the first part of the show.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:36

Maybe that was his tribute to Brian. Maybe Brian was the one who picked out those jackets in the first place. Ugly in 1963. Ugly in 2012. Cool that he wore it, though.

Date: November 27, 2012 16:48

Justin
I think Mick looked pretty good throughout the show. The skinny long sleeve shirt...the tie...the hat. The striped suit was a little bit on the flashy side but it still worked. And thank God..no glitter/sparkly jackets. The gorilla cape thing was just silly. Mick usually comes out looking like Elton John or Robert Goulet but this time he actually looked cool.

Briefly, he was back on the glitter for Wild Horses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home