Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Does Mick Still Have The Fire?
Date: November 19, 2012 22:08

Not to put a damper on the coming shows, but does Mick still have the fire to pull this thing off?

I thought he was great ten years ago for the Licks tour, but it seemed he had lost something the last time out for ABB. Yeah, he still moved around and tried to look interested but something was different. He seemed to me at times as someone that was just going through the motions. Seemed he had lost that little spark of interest in his eyes. Maybe it's just age? Are any of you concerned as I am?

Re: Does Mick Still Have The Fire?
Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:26

Yep to your thread title.
Nope...about concern.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:28

Depends on the night - some shows are better than others. Was always thus.

Date: November 19, 2012 23:14

He seems to have lost that "eye of the tiger" look. Can't put a finger on it but a little spark has gone out of the man, but maybe that's just what happens when you reach into your mid sixties?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 23:14 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: November 19, 2012 23:16

He seemed to re-capture that spark during the filming of 'Shine A Light', but for a brief moment.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:23

Mick IS the fire.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:25

I was at the second to last gig on ABB at 02 London with my brother and we both thought Mick was at his brilliant best - the place rocked to the rafters and as I looked around during the encore of BS I knew there had to be more since it was soooo good.

"till the next time..."

Date: November 19, 2012 23:30

jamesfdouglas
Mick IS the fire.

Yes, but is the fire not burning as hot these days?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:32

.....Yeah of course he's still got the fire ...
how else do ya think he sends smoke signals to Keef ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 19, 2012 23:34

Starr
I was at the second to last gig on ABB at 02 London with my brother and we both thought Mick was at his brilliant best - the place rocked to the rafters and as I looked around during the encore of BS I knew there had to be more since it was soooo good.

"till the next time..."

Nice to hear, but that was over five years ago and he is 69 years old and each day creeping closer to 70. I will be paying close attention to his eyes on the December 15th PPV show.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:34

The Fire? I wish he would put it out and concentrate on singing a bit more. His athletic dancing on stage is cool,noteable and nostalgic but it seems to take away from the vocal delivery, imho. peace

Date: November 19, 2012 23:36

Rockman
.....Yeah of course he's still got the fire ...
how else do ya think he sends smoke signals to Keef ....

Enough to light the peace pipe, right?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:38

WTF? If ANY of them still have the FIRE it is Mick, he has never stopped, paused or anything, in all aspects of his life, from what we can see anyway..... he has a 7 foot tall woman, played the White House, did that heavysuper thing, and seems to have a great voice in everything I have heard in recent years. I may not like some choices he has made about some things... but that is not really my business, I give money /watch or not..... but as far as fire... Hell yes Jagger still has the fire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 23:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 19, 2012 23:38

Naturalust
The Fire? I wish he would put it out and concentrate on singing a bit more. His athletic dancing on stage is cool,noteable and nostalgic but it seems to take away from the vocal delivery, imho. peace

Yeah, I liked him better when he didn't move around so much. Thought he was much more compelling in those days when they did the close ups.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:44

Naturalust

Absolutely. Just stand there and sing, mick. But mick is the guy that doesn't want bald middle aged guys in the front row because he wants to feel young. I mean, on shine a light when he grinded christina aguilera it looked like a grandad on grandaughter assault of some kind. So i'm not entirely hopeful that he'll stop running around and just sing. The ego is still there no matter the age, so he'll be walking that tightrope of over exertion. Right on the edge of writing a physical check his 70 year old ass can't cash. And his singing will likely suffer for it. Give me standing still and singing anyday over the run around furiously and monotone bark deal.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:47

JumpinJackOLantern
jamesfdouglas
Mick IS the fire.

These days? Not these decades! But still, he's the focus, Chuck is the engine, and Keith is there because it's not The Stones without his physically being there.

Mick has fire in recent non-stones live clips, his bonus tracks, and still sounds great on recent non-Stones music (although that's like putting really great bbq sauce on cheap bologna). Point is, he has fire in him. He just chooses not to use it with those people that he refers to as The Rolling Stones.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:55

Yes, he still has the fire.

Date: November 20, 2012 02:28

stonesrule
O'LANTERN, have you ever seen Mick Jagger and the Stones in concert?
Where and when?

Please don't mis-understand me here. I think the world of Mick. He is a real pro, but sometimes pros have a way of concealing their boredom. Mick is the greatest front man ever. Nobody comes close. However, I noticed on the last tour just a slight look of boredom and fatigue in his eyes at times. As if he was just going through the motions. Nothing real blatant, And you certainly didn't notice it at Rio. Seems like when the camera is rolling he finds a way to come through. It could be that since he has gotten older he is having to concentrate more and maybe that is what I am seeing. There was a certain spark in his eyes that seems to be missing since Licks. He still is able to "bring it" but his energy levels are definitely beginning to decline, if ever so slightly. It's OK though the man is human after all.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:32

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule
O'LANTERN, have you ever seen Mick Jagger and the Stones in concert?
Where and when?

Please don't mis-understand me here. I think the world of Mick. He is a real pro, but sometimes pros have a way of concealing their boredom. Mick is the greatest front man ever. Nobody comes close. However, I noticed on the last tour just a slight look of boredom and fatigue in his eyes at times. As if he was just going through the motions. Nothing real blatant, And you certainly didn't notice it at Rio. Seems like when the camera is rolling he finds a way to come through. It could be that as he has gotten older he is having to concentrate more and maybe that is what I am seeing. There was a certain spark in his eyes that seems to be missing since Licks. He still is able to "bring it" but his energy levels are definitely beginning to decline, if ever so slightly. It's OK though the man is human after all.

I don't know how the man does it, frankly. You could give me all the money in the world, and after i sang honky tonk woman 15 times i'd want to douse myself with gasoline and run into a campfire.

Date: November 20, 2012 02:33

jamesfdouglas
JumpinJackOLantern
jamesfdouglas
Mick IS the fire.

These days? Not these decades! But still, he's the focus, Chuck is the engine, and Keith is there because it's not The Stones without his physically being there.

Mick has fire in recent non-stones live clips, his bonus tracks, and still sounds great on recent non-Stones music (although that's like putting really great bbq sauce on cheap bologna). Point is, he has fire in him. He just chooses not to use it with those people that he refers to as The Rolling Stones.

So you have noticed a difference when he performs with the Stones?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:34

O'Lantern --Details of Stones concerts you've seen in person in last ten years...please

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:34

JumpinJackOLantern
Mick is the greatest front man ever. Nobody comes close.

Ahem.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:36

JumpinJackOLantern
Not to put a damper on the coming shows, but does Mick still have the fire to pull this thing off?

I thought he was great ten years ago for the Licks tour, but it seemed he had lost something the last time out for ABB. Yeah, he still moved around and tried to look interested but something was different. He seemed to me at times as someone that was just going through the motions. Seemed he had lost that little spark of interest in his eyes. Maybe it's just age? Are any of you concerned as I am?

Ever heard Paris 98? what were your thoughts R&R speakin

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:37

Munichhilton
JumpinJackOLantern

Ahem.

i don't really think of clapton as a frontman, per se, but i get your point.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:17

He sure did in May.

Date: November 20, 2012 03:18

stonesrule
O'Lantern --Details of Stones concerts you've seen in person in last ten years...please

I would have to say that the best examples I can give you were towards the end of ABB. Maybe he had a cold in Seattle? They had just come from Chicago. He seemed a little flat at Austin and that is surprising since the cameras were rolling. He seemed a little more energetic at the Beacon but didn't quite maintain that form in Vancouver.

Father Time catches up with all of us. He is still giving maximum effort and that is all anyone can ask of any performer. The effort is there, but there are signs (albeit slight) that Father Time is slowly winning the battle. He always does.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:22

StonesTod
Munichhilton
JumpinJackOLantern

Ahem.

i don't really think of clapton as a frontman, per se, but i get your point.

You ain't nothing but a hound dog but have I told you lately that I love you?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:25

after i sang honky tonk woman 15 times i'd want to douse myself with gasoline and run into a campfire. .....

Boy Scouts give me the shits too but that's a bit cruel on 'em ain't it

ROCKMAN

Date: November 20, 2012 03:25

uhbuhgullayew
He sure did in May.

Well, at least there are no signs of boredom here, but this isn't the Mick Jagger of ten years ago by any stretch of the imagination. He is still engaged but the eyes look a little tired. The Bones are not moving as fluid as ten years ago either. But what would you expect for someone that has been doing the same thing over and over for fifty years?

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:32

did you see him on snl,you tell me.and as far as him slowing down on abb tour what were you watching.you tube midnight rambler from saitama 2006.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home